Bandwagon Team - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Minnesota Vikings

Old 16.10.2013, 04:38 PM
Rookie

Smile Bandwagon Team

Hi All

I am relatively new to the NFL I have tried getting involved before now but never seemed to connect properly and could never manage to watch a full game.

However I started to watch all the build up to the wembley game mainly the channel four show with vernon kay and I was drawn to the vikings I'm not sure if it was because they seemed to be doing all of the interviews I was also impressed that they had come over early and were going to local schools to teach the kids the sport.

I seemed to subconciously support the vikings during the game and really enjoyed watching their style of play with a strong running game with Peterson and a defence that is able to pose a serious threat to the QB with Allen. After the game I loooked into the history and was intrigued by a team which seem to be able to produce regular good results but are still unpredictable.

I have now gone out and ordered my first jersey and I have a family friend in michigan who is going to pick me up some merchandise for my daughter who is expected around the time of the super bowl.

Sorry I seem to have gotten away from my question could I now be classed as a bandwagon supporter as the vikings were playing at wembley and won? are there going to be a lot of new viking supporters in the UK this year or am I just over thinking.

Again sorry for the long post I didnt realise how deep that all got.
Cheers
Old 16.10.2013, 04:45 PM
All Pro

Trust me, nobody would ever call a Vikings fan a bandwagon fan! Even if we did win that game we are still having an awful season. That is of course if you stick with the team for the season! We'll need to win a Superbowl first before we get any bandwagoners, so you're alright

EDIT: Actually, I say that but I have on one occasion been called a bandwagon fan as I started supporting the Vikings in 2009. Never mind the fact I have stuck by them through many awful seasons since.
Old 16.10.2013, 05:00 PM
Pro

if we are talking about fans with the uk then im sure the vikings are not a bandwagon team especially at the moment.

the pats seem to have gained a huge bandwagon when they were on a role a few years back.

think your safe
Old 16.10.2013, 06:50 PM
Pro

Agree with the above replies!! I started following the vikings after a disastarous season (much like this on maybe) haha. The team has never won the superbowl and i'll be glad to see them do it their first time, Super bowl 50 is my bet!! We can live in hope. If you were a bandwagon supporter i'd be surprised if the vikings were your choice!! Welcome aboard the Viking group!!
Old 16.10.2013, 06:51 PM
Pro

Now get the avatar changed to purple!!
Old 17.10.2013, 01:38 AM
All Pro

dude, It's very safe to say you'll NEVER be called a "bandwagon" fan for supporting the Vikings. On the contrary, you'll prolly be consoled by other NFL fans from other teams.

It takes an enormous amount of courage to call yourself a fan of the Minnesota Vikings.

Thank you.
Old 17.10.2013, 06:37 AM
MVP

You are about 4 years too late to be accused of being a bandwagon fan of the Vikes. Although a certain Brett Favre would have only broken your heart back then!

Kudos for picking your teams for the reasons stated and not because you like the colour purple or you are a fan of another Minn based Sports team. You have picked your team for what they are not where they are.

As for Peterson and Allen, you will find lots of NFL fans, not just Vikes fans are fond of these two. Me included

Last edited by Danny Bear; 17.10.2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 17.10.2013, 08:11 AM
Rookie

Thanks for all the responses guys glad to hear I cant be accused of bandwagoning.

I will change the avatar shortly and make it official
Old 17.10.2013, 09:27 AM
Starter

Yep, I'd agree with all the other responses. Plus I'm sure the organisation were aiming to gain some more fans over here based on the IS game, so a very legitimate reason. Welcome.
Old 17.10.2013, 02:29 PM
MVP

we had a bunch of fans come and proclaim their love back after the 09 season and most of em have vanished just as fast. its hard to call someone who is new a band wagoner because they haven't had their fandom tested yet.

The guy who is proclaiming his love of a different team each year based solely on their success is the bandwagon fan, someone who is captivated by a team having a great game or season and then sticks with that team during the hard times is a fan.