2016 Season - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 09.09.2016, 04:26 PM
Hall of Fame

Default 2016 Season

2016 Season

Tip of the hat to Dave Helman from Cowboys.com for bringing this to my attention. I thought it was a great picture and deserving of it's own thread, but rather than create a thread entitled 'Cowboys crossing the Delaware' which would be redundant before long I thought I'd just use it to headline a '2016 Season' thread instead.
Old 10.09.2016, 07:53 AM
All Pro

Like it i honestly thought we were going to lose the opener, but now i,m not sure-neither are the bookies who have them scratch.Still think the Giants will edge it, but hopefully Dak enjoys and learns from it to go forward
Old 13.09.2016, 03:56 PM
Hall of Fame

A frustrating start to the season then.

Not exactly a bad performance, especially when you consider the way the teams matched up in terms of talent, but one that wasn't good enough ultimately.

I wonder if our RedZone troubles will be a recurring theme in the coming weeks? Will we be able to punch the ball in on the ground when we face the Redskins, Bears and 49ers? They are predominantly 3-4 defences so that might suit our O line in terms of getting helmets on helmets and creating lanes.

The Bears gave up 100+ yards to Lamar Miller this week, even with an improved LB corp. The 9ers shut down Gurley and the Rams but the Rams O line isn't on par with Frederick & Co.

The Dak bandwagon might have slowed a little too, thankfully, despite a seemingly 'efficient' performance. He could be good but he's still a 4th rd rookie QB at the end of the day. It'll take time, but here's hoping he can get more in tune with the WR's in the weeks to come.

ON a brighter note the Redskins just gave up 143 yards and 2 TD's to DeAngelo Williams, and 300 yards and 3 TD's to Big Ben through the air, hopefully that bodes well to getting back on track at the earliest opportunity.
Old 19.09.2016, 06:03 PM
Hall of Fame

1-1. Another close game but a 1 in the win column nonetheless.

60% efficiency in the RedZone, 3 rushing TD's from Zeke, Dak and Morris, and
22/30 for 292 yards from Dak through the air. Dez involved to the tune of 102 yards, Beasley and Witten productive too. 30 carries for 100 yards isn't all that impressive, combined with the passing plays it proved to be enough. A shame Zeke had 2 fumbles, but offensively, 27 points, it's what your looking for.

The Defence might have had a turnover and a couple of sacks, but every week is going to be a struggle. Thankfully Cousins made an awful throw/decision or things might have turned out differently. Some disruption but not a great deal of pressure created either, and some coverage mix ups too that cost some big chunks of yardage. The D line were stonewalled too many times, throw in the occasional missed tackle and it's not pretty.

The Bears up next. Hopefully the defence can take another little step forward and the offence can build some more momentum.
Old 21.09.2016, 08:32 PM
All Pro

Confident we can take the Bears, Cutlers not the best and with him out, Hoyer takes the reigns, stop Langford and thats their offense, 2-1
Old 22.09.2016, 10:27 AM
Hall of Fame

I think the Bears O line might be well matched with the Cowboys D. They aren't the stoutest of lines on the edges, but then the Cowboys aren't exactly dominant there either. The Eagles had success against them but then they did have Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham to do the damage. Sitton, Whitehair and Long, the Bears interior aren't roadgraders, they're more suited to dealing with 'smaller' guys rather than shifting bigger bodies at the point of attack. That's something the Cowboys don't have, a big bodied run stuffer.

The Bears have lost Goldman, Houston and Trevathan for this game though, and they're already missing McPhee. You look at Leonard Floyd, their 1st rounder from this years draft, and he isn't the strongest against the run. Their front 7 has been hit hard, up the middle and on the outside. The Cowboys should have a field day running the ball, even if they put 8 in the box I still think the Bears will struggle to stop the run. Tyron Smith vs Leonard Floyd (or Willie Young)? Only one winner there.

So with that in mind, despite the threat of Jeffrey (even with Cutler missing) and a run game that should be no worse than average, I don't see how the Bears win this. The Cowboys offence should control (and win) this one.
Old 22.09.2016, 08:14 PM
All Pro

Dont mention Long-got toasted by Danny Bear Sitton stuffed JJ but not sure he was 100% and didnt seem to be trying too hard, cant see us getting any sacks or indeed much pressure as per unless Lee is blitzing again, which is a good idea against these Bears especially with Hoyer and Jeffery being the main target, so, i,d start Claibourne and Carr-give Scandrick another week, stuff the box, stop Langford-easy
Old 04.10.2016, 09:06 PM
Hall of Fame

A 3rd win on the bounce, albeit against less than stellar opposition.

Missing Dez, Tyron and Collins the Cowboys didn't falter too much. Dak continues to shine, even if he missed a few throws here and there. Zeke is finding his stride now, patient and powerful, great to watch (the O line doing their part well too). A little luck along the way, the flag on Tartt was an awful call, whether the whistle had been blown or not, and Navarro Bowman leaving the game injured was a game changer.

The D continues to do just enough. Mo improved yet again, Crawford got to the QB, and Wilcox was even making plays. They still don't inspire too much confidence, the Cowboys trailed 14-0 after all, but another step in the right direction.

Dan Bailey's kicking troubles are a worry, but word has it he's suffering with his back. Perhaps when that issue clears up he'll be back to his old self.

After 3 'easier' games the schedule takes a turn for the worse for the next few weeks. Cincy up next, then Aaron Rodgers and the Packers at Lambeau (again), then the bye followed by resurgent Eagles led by their own QB sensation Carson Wentz.

We really need Tyron Smith back this week, Chaz Green seemed to be one step ahead of the D against the 49ers but he'll do well to string back to back performances together. The Bengals offence has the ability to shred our D too, on the ground and in the air. Hopefully the return of Demarcus Lawrence from suspension helps to stem the tide ever so slightly. The run game really will have to control the clock and open up the passing game again for Dak, Beasley and Witten. I think the Cowboys are going to need 30+ points to win this one.
Old 05.10.2016, 09:46 PM
Pro

Previously pmurphy81 but due to my account not being accessible and getting no help had to set up new profile.

Very impressed with Zeke on Sunday grown into it throughout the weeks. Chad green rode his luck but hey we'll take that. The D is still a worry but Marinelli seems to be getting more than expected out of it. Hopefully continues to improve.

Think we might just scrape it on Sunday, Green Bay is Green Bay very difficult but I am really looking forward to the Eagles game, coming off a bye and the Eagles just having played the skins and the Vikings feel we could be on for a good result.
Old 12.10.2016, 01:34 PM
Hall of Fame

Another win in the books, and prior to the start of the season I don't think many would have predicted the Cowboys to lead the Bengals 28-0 at any point in this one.

A bit of a broken record now but the offense was top notch again and the D applied pressure and made plays in coverage. A few wobbles late on but still a fine performance.

How electrifying was it to see Zeke rip off that 60 yard TD run?! Zeke went for 134 yards and 2 TD's when all was said and done, now that's production for you. From only 15 carries too! The O line/RB's made it look so easy at times. Dak still interception-less, even if he did have his first lost fumble. Terrance Williams, Witten and Beasley combined for 12 catches and 166 yards.

Next up Green Bay, the irresistible force meets the immovable object, No.1 Run D vs No.1 rushing offense. The Cowboys will have to scrap tooth and nail to beat Rodgers, Matthews & Co. but i don't think confidence couldn't be any higher that it currently is.