Gamepass billing issues [separate thread] - Page 9 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 04.09.2017, 10:31 PM
Starter

I have been charged £70.00 on the 3.8.17 and the 1.9.17. I am concerned that Game Pass are going to take out further deductions of £70.00 in October and November as in previous years I paid on a monthly basis between August and November.

If this is the case the NFL will take £280.00 for a years subscription which is far higher than the stated yearly fee of £139.99 for Season Pro access. After reading all of the posts in this thread I am starting to get concerned.

I've sent an email to Game Pass via the contact us link but I'm not sure how long they will take to reply.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and resolved after contacting Game Pass?
Old 05.09.2017, 10:03 AM
Rookie

Default NFL Digital Care complaints?

[POSTED ELSEWHERE BUT THIS IS THE MORE APPROPRIATE FORUM]

I am having a major issue with NFL Gamepass at present.

I routinely channel all online activity through a VPN for security reasons and signed up for Gamepass while connected to the VPN. The price differential between what I was expecting to pay and what I did pay was relatively small, so I thought nothing of it.

Long story short: I received no confirmation e-mail, couldn't access content through another device and ended up signing up for the subscription again on the same profile, thinking the initial attempt hadn't processed. Two charges then appeared on my credit card. NFL Gamepass Europe cancelled my account and refunded me but only then told me that the international version was separate entity (I hadn't realised that I had signed up for this version of Gamepass). In spite of this, Gamepass Europe's cancellation of the subscription also cancelled the international Gamepass. So, in effect, I'm on the hook for a Gamepass I can no longer access.

I was directed to the Digital Care team and, after a long wait, I was finally told that they wouldn't honour the cancellation request because it was outside the time window. As I say, my subscription had already been cancelled. I set out the circumstances of my complaint in detail previously but this was clearly not read. I was given a pro forma response instead.

Is there a department I can complain to?
Old 05.09.2017, 11:19 AM
Rookie

Default Finally received a refund

Just wanted to let you all know that I was refunded the amount that I paid for Game Pass; I've certainly complained enough on here, so it's only fair that I acknowledge that they eventually put things right - with the emphasis on 'eventually'. I'm relieved that this is finally over after a month of frustration, but I am most certainly going to remember this experience if I am ever tempted to subscribe to Game Pass again.

To those of you who haven't had your issues sorted yet, I can only advise you to be persistent!
Old 05.09.2017, 07:41 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to steelers_wheelman

Evening ladies & gents! Crikey, it's been a while since I posted one here!

I just got an email saying I've been charged in Russian Roubles of all things! Thought it was a scam at first, but having read some similar complaints from a lot of you, I guess not. I was quoted £110 for auto renewal of GamePass Plus, which was fine by me. Seems they took £111.11, not exactly a big difference, but not what I was quoted.

Add this to the several weeks I lost off the last end of last year's subscription because they were changing apps; or the fact I still can't stream Hard Knocks from my iPad to Apple TV and it's still not available on Xbox 1 app.... they've lost themselves a customer of 5+ years.
Old 10.09.2017, 08:19 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennel Club View Post
I have been charged £70.00 on the 3.8.17 and the 1.9.17. I am concerned that Game Pass are going to take out further deductions of £70.00 in October and November as in previous years I paid on a monthly basis between August and November.

If this is the case the NFL will take £280.00 for a years subscription which is far higher than the stated yearly fee of £139.99 for Season Pro access. After reading all of the posts in this thread I am starting to get concerned.

I've sent an email to Game Pass via the contact us link but I'm not sure how long they will take to reply.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and resolved after contacting Game Pass?
I'm in the exact same situation, and contacted this morning asking what the total cost and number of instalments to pay. I guess I caught them on a good day, because I received this reply this evening:

"Thank you for contacting us, your subscription had two instalments which you have now covered."
Old 11.09.2017, 11:46 AM
Rookie

I got billed in USD, so that meant I ended up being overcharged by £5 once the non-sterling transaction fee was added in.

Bloody useless.
Old 12.09.2017, 08:11 AM
Rookie

The response from support is awesome... they just blame the bank.

I am afraid we are unable to amend the currency of an order after purchase. Our billing system shows a payment received of £139.99. Charges and conversions are carried out by the bank, so please contact your card issuer in order to look into getting those costs refunded.

If they don't get sensible, I'm going to have to dispute the charge on my credit card I think, as they have taken too much money, in the wrong currency.
Old 14.09.2017, 12:22 PM
Rookie

Default Bittersweet Billing Resolution

I have had similar issues to others in respect of my auto renewal this year. Was told the price would be £139.99 but was then billed in Euros resulting in the total cost to me being over £145. I have been pursuing this by email for weeks now and have got nowhere. My last two emails have been flat out ignored.
Anyway I raised a dispute with my card issuer and they have, as a gesture of goodwill, paid me £10. On one hand I have now effectively paid less than I would have if the payment had gone through correctly. On the other hand my dispute was never really about what was a pretty small amount of money; it was more about the principle and Gamepass have completely got away with their incompetence.
I now intend to turn off the auto renew option. Unfortunately I am likely to have no other choice but to renew with them again next year but at least I will hopefully have more control over this. Given this issue and the fact that this year's product is a pale shadow of what we had before I would love to find another way of watching the games I want. Hopefully though this will end up costing them customers and money. I would hate to think that they can just continue to treat NFL fans in this way without consequences.
Old 23.09.2017, 11:20 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme.lesley@btopenworld.com View Post
I have had similar issues to others in respect of my auto renewal this year. Was told the price would be £139.99 but was then billed in Euros resulting in the total cost to me being over £145. I have been pursuing this by email for weeks now and have got nowhere. My last two emails have been flat out ignored.
Anyway I raised a dispute with my card issuer and they have, as a gesture of goodwill, paid me £10. On one hand I have now effectively paid less than I would have if the payment had gone through correctly. On the other hand my dispute was never really about what was a pretty small amount of money; it was more about the principle and Gamepass have completely got away with their incompetence.
I now intend to turn off the auto renew option. Unfortunately I am likely to have no other choice but to renew with them again next year but at least I will hopefully have more control over this. Given this issue and the fact that this year's product is a pale shadow of what we had before I would love to find another way of watching the games I want. Hopefully though this will end up costing them customers and money. I would hate to think that they can just continue to treat NFL fans in this way without consequences.
Lucky you. They contested the dispute that I filed with my CC and claimed that the charge for £165 was normal and expected, so I've been charged again and still, amazingly, my account says that I have no active subscription. I am at the end of my rope. But here I go writing to customer support again because I have no other option.
Old 25.09.2017, 04:00 PM
Rookie

Default Game pass troubles

Hi guys,

New user here.

After reading a lot of your posts, I'm stuck in the same boat as many of you.

Signed up to the NFL game pass 7 day trial last Sunday. Come Tuesday evening I got an email through saying I had been billed £139.99. As you'd expect I was fairly annoyed by them taking the money out well before the 7 days, however i was even more annoyed (and still am) that i log into my account and it says ' No active subscriptions'. So really I've forked out £139.99 for nothing whatsoever. Ive send two emails to the support 6 days ago and only had the one response of ..

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for contacting the NFL Game Pass Europe Support team. Your request has been received and we will endeavor to respond to you as quickly as we possibly can.

While we process your request, please visit our FAQ page for potential solutions: https://www.nflgamepass.com/en/faq

Thanks,

NFL Game Pass Europe Support

Now had this happened, and my account had a full years subscription accessible to me, i would have turned a blind eye to the fact the payment came out early as I'm a big NFL fan and watch it every week. However since my account doesn't allow me to access it, I'm fairly annoyed.

Has anyone had luck getting refunds or replies?

Might phone my bank and see if they can do anything to reverse the charge since I have a page on Paypal clearly starting the start date of the trail, the fact it was a 7 day FREE trial, and the date I was due to send payment on.

Tags
billing , gamepass , nfluk