Introductions - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Old 01.09.2009, 01:26 PM
MVP

Default Introductions

A few teams have an thread in their section where you introduce yourself so I thought we might as well get one

Fell free to add any other information you like

Name: Matt
Favourite Current Broncos: Brandon Marshall, Elvis Dumervil, Peyton Hillis, Knowshon Moreno, Champ Bailey
Favourite Ex-Broncos: John Elway, Terrel Davis, John Lynh, Jason Elam, Jay Cutler
Best memory: Jason Elams last second field goal against the Bills in week 1 of 2007. It was the first season I actually began to care about the sport, and I couldnt believe it when we won that game
Worst memory: An even more recent one here, it would probably be the last few games of last season when I thought a playoff place was guranteed and them we somehow went and blew it
Fan Since: Casual fan since 2004, been following properly since 2007

Last edited by BritishBronco; 01.09.2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01.09.2009, 04:33 PM
All Pro

[

Name:
Occupation: Teacher/ High School Football O Co-ordinator, Football Writer
Favourite Current Broncos: Ryan Clady
Favourite Ex-Broncos: John Elway,
Best memory: My first trip to the Old Mile High watching the Broncos comeback against the Oilers in 91/2. Elway's Helicopter Spin in the Superbowl, watching from the press box on Sunday Night
Worst memory: The Broncos 10-7 loss in the AFC Championship game.
Fan Since: Hardcore since 1985!
Old 02.09.2009, 07:22 PM
All Pro

Name: John
Favourite Current Broncos: Champ Bailey, Peyton Hillis, Eddie Royal, Ryan Clady
Favourite Ex-Broncos: John Elway, Terrell Davis, Steve Atwater, Rich Jackson, Lyle Alzado, Floyd Little, Randy Gradishar, Louis Wright, Karl Mecklenberg, Vance Johnson
Best memory: SB 32 approx 36 seconds left in the 4th quarter, 4th down Packers, Favre steps back, throws the ball, John Mobley bats it down, Game Over.
Worst memory: 96 Playoffs losing to the Jags at Mile High
Fan Since: 1991
Old 02.09.2009, 07:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABrit View Post

Best memory: My first trip to the Old Mile High watching the Broncos comeback against the Oilers in 91/2.
first live Broncos game I ever saw on TV. I'll never forget it, I was hooked on Elway & Denver after that
Old 02.09.2009, 08:07 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
first live Broncos game I ever saw on TV. I'll never forget it, I was hooked on Elway & Denver after that
Me been young then - was the first game I didn't want to leave my seat in the stadium. To me it was the best game ever. Still play it on VHS now and again
Old 02.09.2009, 08:45 PM
All Pro

Name: Andrew

Favourite Current Broncos: Champ Bailey, Peyton Hillis, Eddie Royal, Elvis Dumervill

Favourite Ex-Broncos: John Elway, Terrell Davis, Steve Atwater, Tyrone Braxton, Steve Sewell

Best memory: SB 32 win over the Packers

Worst memory: 55-10 humping to the 49ers in SB 24

Fan Since: 1985
Old 02.09.2009, 08:51 PM
Pro

Favourite Current Bronco: The jury is still out
Favourite Ex-Broncos: John Elway, Steve Atwater, Vance Johnson, Ricky Nattiel, Mark Jackson
Best Memory: Apart from the Superbowls, my best memory actually comes from the game you are talking about. Oilers vs Broncos. The game had it all, the Oilers racing out to a 21-3 lead, Treadwell missing an extra point for us, The Drive II. But my favourite bit comes from that final drive. Broncos facing 4th down deep in their own half with next to no time left on the clock. If we turn the ball over, the season is over. Elway drops back, looks about, sees there is nothing on then takes off. He is racing towards the sideline but the Oilers defence are racing towards him. Who is going to win the race? Elway gets the 6 yards with little to spare, before stepping out of bounds to get the first down, stops the clock as well and keeps our season alive. Edge of the seat stuff!
Worst Memory: Superbowl 24
Fan Since: 1987
Old 02.09.2009, 09:19 PM
Team Captain

age- 27
location- Denny, central Scotland
occupation- PE teacher
favourite current broncos- Ryan Clady, Eddie Royal, Knowshon Moreno, Andra Davis, Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins
favourite ex broncos- John Elway, Jay Cutler, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Tom Nalen.
best memory- 2008 week 2, 2PC win over chargers(was at that game)
worst memory- I'd say the other game vs SD last tear but TBH we all knew we were doomed before it so I'll say the bills game week 16.
fan since- casual - SB 32 hardcore- last summer
Old 03.09.2009, 11:53 AM
Pro Bowler

Name: Martin
Favourite Current Broncos: Brandon Marshall, Elvis Dumervil, Peyton Hillis, Tony Scheffler, Champ Bailey
Favourite Ex-Broncos: John Elway, Terrell Davis, John Lynch, Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey, Shannon Sharpe, Clinton Portis, Al Wilson
Best memory: Beating Patriots in the 2005 playoffs. And being in Denver in 2006 for wins over Ravens and Raiders.
Worst memory: The last two seasons in general. The debacle in Detroit in 07, Pats embarrassing us on MNF but that thumping we got in San Diego last season was hard to stomach. Had a feeling it was coming but still wasn't easy to watch. But the most gutted I have ever felt was after the 2005 AFC championship.
Fan Since: Was a casual fan who had a soft spot for Denver from about 1996. My first proper season was 2000 though. When I really started to get into the sport.
Old 05.09.2009, 08:56 AM
Pro Bowler

Default Introduction

Name: Grant
Favourite Current Broncos: Peyton Hillis, Champ Bailey, Elvis Dumervile, Eddie Royal
Favourite Ex-Broncos: Karl Mecklenburg, Steve Atwater, Dennis Smith, John Elway, Rod Smith, Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson, Tom Nalen, Shannon Sharpe.
Best memory: Superbowl wins.
Worst memory:Superbowl losses
Fan Since: 1985 - the year of the Bears Superbowl Win

Favourite Players (other teams): Hines Ward, Wes Welker, Maurice Jones-Drew, Ray Lewis
Favourite ex-Players (other teams): Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Lawrence Taylor

Observation - seems to be a lot of us Scots Like the Broncos...