We Will Not Make The Play-Offs - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 08.12.2009, 07:17 PM
Rookie

So far most of the blame has been on the defense, everytime the offense score the defense gives up points. Romo had a QB rating of 112.1 which is pretty good (though I think QB ratings are dumb) so they haven't blamed him yet, he would get most of the blame as players go though, he is the QB, thats why it's the hardest position in professional sports.
About the "red haired jesus" bing the next coach, nothing has been said, I was doing the math. Big contract, he has support from the '90's 'boys and loyal to Jerry. And probably won't ask for anything. A big name guy would want to much control. But Gruden is still out there and nobody has spoken of him yet, he talks possitive about every owner out there (politicing). The Tuna was a surprise and said he could see himself working with Jerry, so you never know, but Shanahan and Holmgren and Cowher I can't see coming. Dungy is another name nobody is mentioning, he says he's retired but Jerry is a very rich man.
Yeah I totally agree about the play calling, they should have at least tried to go long a few times just to give a little worry to NY DB's, granted two recieves with over 100yrds is great, but we had 49yrds on the ground total. So they play bend but don't brake, and it was enough to beat us.
Old 08.12.2009, 11:05 PM
Pro Bowler

I could see either Shanahan or Holmgren working with Jerry Jones as by all accounts they are friends and worked together on league committees. I can't see Cowher been the head coach in part because Cowher worked with Chan Gailey in Pittsburgh and I am sure Gailey won't have painted a pretty picture of what working for Jerry Jones is like. I never felt someone like Parcells would come to Dallas but he did and despite everybody saying he would be out after a year working with Jones he lasted 4 and that includes signing a contract extension.
As for Garrett I am sure he was offered the job in the future when he signed his contract and turned down the Ravens / Falcons but I am sure that will mean nothing like it meant nothing in Washington when Gregg Williams was in the same situation for taking over after Gibbs which did not happen.
Old 09.12.2009, 06:03 PM
Rookie

I see Shanahan here before Holmgren, Holmgren had all the football desicions at Seattle, he'll want similar when he comes back in the league. Shanahan likes to work with established qb's so thats a plus in Romo, but he has already spoken to Buffalo, so we'll wait and see. Cowher won't even speak to a team while it has a coach, but he won't come here. I like Wade, he's a decent person, plus he's from Orange TX, so he's a homey, and a great def. mind but if we dont accomplish a playoff win then I think he's gone, thats why Jerry hasn't attempted to resign him. But still think Garrett is JJ's boy.
Wade's players are totally standing behind him though, watch this Brooking interview with local tv CBS 11, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR1Do11oJ2k lets hope they get motivated and do something, I think a win vs. San Diego is possible but Rivers in 15-0 as a starter in Dec.
We need to try and win the division, IF we get to the playoffs I prefer a 4 seed against a Green Bay at home than a 6 seed on the road in Philly or something.
Old 09.12.2009, 10:08 PM
Rookie

As far as facing the Saints in the Dome we might as well not bother traveling, just give them the W.

I think we can beat Washington, We won the first game against them this season and we could not have played any worse that day than we did.

I think Philadelphia are a very up and down team, just depending on which ones turns up.

We still have a chance of picking up a wildcard spot even.

NYG: Phi/Was/Car/Min (-1)
PHI: NYG/SF/Den/Dal (Level)

There are definatly games there that could cause NYG or Phi difficulty. The big one is this weeks NYG/PHI games cause at least that gives us the benefit that one of them teams will loss, unless another Overtime Tie escapade happens.
Old 19.12.2009, 06:53 PM
Pro

Saints will be tough, Eagles & Redskins both very winnable!

I can see 10-6 finish with the dropped game to the saints or eagles.

You're all so pessimistic!
Old 20.12.2009, 04:34 AM
Pro Bowler

Its a good job we turned up after all eh....
Old 20.12.2009, 10:47 AM
Starter

As I started the original topic I have to say I'm happy to be wrong

Play like that for the rest of the season and who knows how far we can go.

Romo had his best game for a long time and the defense was awesome.

Well played Dallas.

"How Bout Them Cowboys?"
Old 21.12.2009, 05:59 PM
Banned

This topic is still very much alive. Only deluded fans will think otherwise and those are the ones that have not looked at and studied the schedule. If the Giants win their last three and Green Bay wins one of their last two, then we have to win our last two. Plain and simple as both Green Bay and the Giants finish ahead of us on head to head if we all finish on the same record, thus we miss the playoffs. So people, complacency could very much kill us again. Dont expect any favours from the redskins. We will lose in washington as we are the masters of losing a game after a big win, so it may be a meaningless win against philly if it happens. Just using my head here and not being delusional that we are already there. Far from it.
Old 21.12.2009, 07:12 PM
Rookie

We were in the same situation last year losing to 9-5 then losing to the Ravens and getting thumped against Philly. We are 1-3 the last 4 years against the Deadskins in D.C. Love for them to win tonight against NYG, but I'm sure they would love to be spoiler and it's the primetime game also. I have to admit, I've been in a great mood since Sat. but still nervous about our chances, however feel a bit better with them than last week, SG-1 is right we seem to lay down and die after big wins. Very wishful thinking we can still be the 2 seed. But we know that won't happen, just hoping to get out with a win Sun.
Old 21.12.2009, 09:22 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG-1 RULES View Post
This topic is still very much alive. Only deluded fans will think otherwise and those are the ones that have not looked at and studied the schedule. If the Giants win their last three and Green Bay wins one of their last two, then we have to win our last two. Plain and simple as both Green Bay and the Giants finish ahead of us on head to head if we all finish on the same record, thus we miss the playoffs. So people, complacency could very much kill us again. Dont expect any favours from the redskins. We will lose in washington as we are the masters of losing a game after a big win, so it may be a meaningless win against philly if it happens. Just using my head here and not being delusional that we are already there. Far from it.
We will lose in Washington will we?

I will keep my fingers crossed for a win anyway, as your predictions so far have been pretty crap.
You just dont seem to see a talented team in Dallas, and thats fine, but to keep saying the same "we cant win this week,its impossible" is getting old.

Before the season started, you said you would rather have Kitna than Romo?????? Your predicted Romo will flop in december has already been shot down.
I can hardly see us being complacent against washington ever!

Ive supported the cowboys since the mid 80s and want them to succeed this year more than ever, just to keep you from slagging them off for just one week. Other peoples fans do that more than enough.