We Will Not Make The Play-Offs - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 21.12.2009, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflcowboys View Post
We will lose in Washington will we?

I will keep my fingers crossed for a win anyway, as your predictions so far have been pretty crap.
You just dont seem to see a talented team in Dallas, and thats fine, but to keep saying the same "we cant win this week,its impossible" is getting old.

Before the season started, you said you would rather have Kitna than Romo?????? Your predicted Romo will flop in december has already been shot down.
I can hardly see us being complacent against washington ever!

Ive supported the cowboys since the mid 80s and want them to succeed this year more than ever, just to keep you from slagging them off for just one week. Other peoples fans do that more than enough.
Since when did that comment become slagging the team . You just seem to be just too optimistic when it comes to the Cowboys. And doh, dont we all want our team to succeed. But you have to be realistic and it is December after all. No more to be said. We were lucky against the Saints that they did not turn up for three quarters. Pessimisim is always good as when we do lose out this season the pain will just be that bit less. I have learnt that trait over the last 13 years following the cowboys. I will be alot more pessimistic next season for example.
Old 21.12.2009, 11:07 PM
Pro Bowler

I hope you are joking about being lucky against the saints.

We beat them good and proper, in their home stadium.
At this point in the season, do you really think it is unrealistic to make the playoffs? Yes I am optimistic at the moment (apart from in our kicking game).

If the redskins beat us this week, however, I will reluctantly join the cowboys suck this year brigade.
Old 22.12.2009, 06:48 PM
Starter

We werent excellent Sat against The Saints, not lucky at all.

The reason The Saints didnt 'turn up' was because we didn't allow them to.

Romo played his best game for a couple of years and the defense was awesome.

Let's give them some credit and if they play like that against Washington and Philiy then we'll win the NFC East.
Old 23.12.2009, 07:22 AM
Rookie

The playoffs is our to take now, I would have like for the f***skins to beat the G-girls and put all the pressure on NY, but now it's on us, which can be a good thing, we will have earned it and not been backed into the playoffs. We didn't get any favours from Wash. Mon. and I don't think we'll get any Sun. night.
This team has way to much talent not to be fighting for the division title every year, the problem has been we are immature. I mean this by not being able to finish the job or close out games. Plus the circus with the media last year and the locker room becoming devided. We were in the same position last year 9-5 and controlled our own destiny, but blew it against the Ravens and Eagles, for that matter against Pitt. also, we had that game won and blew it at the end.
We still are a bit like that in a sense that we seem to give up the big play after scoring, but this is a different team. These guys stand behind Wade, and really fight for him. Firing Wade would be stupid. (thats a different topic- I knew Shanahan and Holmgrem weren't coming here.) This team lost in Dec. before he got here. Also if you noticed the attidute of the players last year compared to this it's different. Last year it was the T.O. side against the Romo side, plus the frenzy following Tank and PacMan. And the interviews that they gave afterwards was different, where it was ho-hum, "we can't control anything". This year it's "it's ours to loose".
Long story short, this team has the potential to beat anyone in the league, but haven't learned how to finish. Let's hope Sat. changed that, they kept fighting, after the missed FG. So I think they are learning. We will beat Wash. Let's hope we keep fighting and win the NFCE and somehow play the Packers this time at the Death Star, and get revenge for that sloppy game last month.
We have the talent and potential, and until the last 4 years we owned Wash. this decade. Sunday we see if were maturing, here's to giving the f***skins a good southern beatdown.
Sorry if a little long winded, I don't really like posting and when I do I usually write sloppy, fearing I'm not getting my point across.
HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24.12.2009, 12:50 AM
All Pro

this thread seems overly pesimistic looking at things now
Old 24.12.2009, 11:52 AM
All Pro

I think 1 win in our last 2 games will be enough for a wild card.... The Vikings need to win their 2 games or risk losing the No2 seeding to either ourselves or the Eagles so any hopes New York had of them putting out 2nd stringers is out the window.... And i don't fancy the Giants secondary against Favre so i can see them losing that game at least.
Old 28.12.2009, 06:13 AM
Starter

Cowboys 17-0 Redskins.

I might start doubting The Cowboys more often.

Playoffs here we come.
Old 28.12.2009, 08:38 AM
Pro Bowler

Yes!!!!

As expected. Hopefully this will quiet down the pessimists for a week at least.

Hey SG, we didnt finish 8-8....
We didnt lose to the saints OR the skins
We have made the playoffs...

Now get on here and predict a certain thrashing this week at the hands of the eagles and a meltdown in the playoffs... Since we seem to do the complete opposite of your foresight, we might end up in the superbowl!!
Old 28.12.2009, 11:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflcowboys View Post
Yes!!!!

As expected. Hopefully this will quiet down the pessimists for a week at least.

Hey SG, we didnt finish 8-8....
We didnt lose to the saints OR the skins
We have made the playoffs...

Now get on here and predict a certain thrashing this week at the hands of the eagles and a meltdown in the playoffs... Since we seem to do the complete opposite of your foresight, we might end up in the superbowl!!
We are going to get our ass whooped next week and in philly in the wild card round. Does that sound good enough to you?
Old 28.12.2009, 11:30 AM
All Pro

Well we are in just as SG predicted
It's going to be a bloodbath next week i feel and if we play each other the following week as well then the team who wins will likely be beaten up for the rest of the play offs.... Anyway, am knackered from watching it till the end and am off out at 2 for an all dayer....Be $hitfaced by 8 probably

Last edited by NeathBlue; 28.12.2009 at 12:10 PM.