Brandon Marshall - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01.01.2010, 07:42 PM
Aikman_8's Avatar
Aikman_8 Aikman_8 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.11.2009
Posts: 4,617
Default Brandon Marshall

I see big Brandon Marshall's situation in Denver has taken a turn for the worse. I beleive the guy is a fantastic WR and all out play-maker and would suit us perfectly.

Do you guy's think it's a move we could/need to make? And if so What do you think we'd have to give up to get him? I beleive he'll be a restricted F/A this off-season but i think we could get him for less than a 1ST rounder!

Last edited by Aikman_8; 01.01.2010 at 07:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01.01.2010, 09:17 PM
No Mo Romo's Avatar
No Mo Romo No Mo Romo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 13.09.2006
Posts: 1,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman_is_god View Post
I see big Brandon Marshall's situation in Denver has taken a turn for the worse. I beleive the guy is a fantastic WR and all out play-maker and would suit us perfectly.

Do you guy's think it's a move we could/need to make? And if so What do you think we'd have to give up to get him? I beleive he'll be a restricted F/A this off-season but i think we could get him for less than a 1ST rounder!
Good player alright, but just another bad egg. Let's just see this season through and then we can talk about what if's for next year. We sound like Giants fans here
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02.01.2010, 06:32 PM
TheCloWnsPockEt's Avatar
TheCloWnsPockEt TheCloWnsPockEt is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 24.05.2008
Posts: 38
Default

For the love of god we just got rid of TO and you want to bring in another diva at WR. We have Austin plus a comitee at the moment. Instead of bringing in more talent which might disturbe the current locker-rooms dynamic the cowboys should continue the development of Miles, Sam Hurd and Kevin Ogletree and get Martellus Bennett more involved. If the boys want to add another playmaker to the team Damien Williams should be available in when were picking in the first round and Dez Bryant could be there if he takes a fall. There is little point giving another massive contract to a wide out when we have all that money tied up in Roy Williams.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02.01.2010, 06:36 PM
Aikman_8's Avatar
Aikman_8 Aikman_8 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.11.2009
Posts: 4,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCloWnsPockEt View Post
For the love of god we just got rid of TO and you want to bring in another diva at WR. We have Austin plus a comitee at the moment. Instead of bringing in more talent which might disturbe the current locker-rooms dynamic the cowboys should continue the development of Miles, Sam Hurd and Kevin Ogletree and get Martellus Bennett more involved. If the boys want to add another playmaker to the team Damien Williams should be available in when were picking in the first round and Dez Bryant could be there if he takes a fall. There is little point giving another massive contract to a wide out when we have all that money tied up in Roy Williams.
I find your argument very short sighted!!! Do you think T.O would be of been cut had he been the same age as marshall?? I dont!!! Dez Bryant?? Damien williams? Get off walterfootball draft rankings and wake up Marshall is a pro bowl proven NFL receiver!!! I was just floating the idea of an opportunity arising to get an Elite Receiver!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02.01.2010, 07:29 PM
TheCloWnsPockEt's Avatar
TheCloWnsPockEt TheCloWnsPockEt is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 24.05.2008
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman_is_god View Post
I find your argument very short sighted!!! Do you think T.O would be of been cut had he been the same age as marshall?? I dont!!! Dez Bryant?? Damien williams? Get off walterfootball draft rankings and wake up Marshall is a pro bowl proven NFL receiver!!! I was just floating the idea of an opportunity arising to get an Elite Receiver!!

How many locker room fights have you heard about in Dallas this year, how often have we had players demanding trades or throwing teammates and coaches. Marshall is a proven troublemaker and would be the last thing we need in the Cowboys. Besides Dallas are hardly short on offensive talent at the moment. Left tackle should be the number one offseason priority because Adams penalty count is becoming more and more of a liability
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02.01.2010, 07:37 PM
Aikman_8's Avatar
Aikman_8 Aikman_8 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.11.2009
Posts: 4,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCloWnsPockEt View Post
How many locker room fights have you heard about in Dallas this year, how often have we had players demanding trades or throwing teammates and coaches. Marshall is a proven troublemaker and would be the last thing we need in the Cowboys. Besides Dallas are hardly short on offensive talent at the moment. Left tackle should be the number one offseason priority because Adams penalty count is becoming more and more of a liability
I agree on the Left tackle point and i also like the look of ogletree and austin. I still think the offense has struggled at time's this year and another legimate big play threat is needed,it may be that ogletree becomes that man (i hope he does) but to me marshall is a beast and his upside far out way's any downside's. I'm sure if you asked Romo he would love that target.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02.01.2010, 08:57 PM
towen5's Avatar
towen5 towen5 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 16.09.2006
Posts: 9,807
Default

if you want TO mk. II then yeah...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03.01.2010, 06:12 PM
Mattlee123's Avatar
Mattlee123 Mattlee123 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 24.10.2008
Posts: 435
Default

No. Just another locker-room disturbance that we dont need.

We have other priorities right now - The O Line could do with some help in the draft (LT) and we should be looking at a kicker - Not in the draft we just need to find another kicker - as Suisham isnt the answer - At least i dont think anyway - and it has been stated on a lot of early draft boards we will go Safety first round anyway, which i agree with.

And if we are going reciever we might as well take one in the draft rather than give away the few picks we have for a player who will just cause another mess.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03.01.2010, 06:27 PM
Aikman_8's Avatar
Aikman_8 Aikman_8 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.11.2009
Posts: 4,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattlee123 View Post
No. Just another locker-room disturbance that we dont need.

We have other priorities right now - The O Line could do with some help in the draft (LT) and we should be looking at a kicker - Not in the draft we just need to find another kicker - as Suisham isnt the answer - At least i dont think anyway - and it has been stated on a lot of early draft boards we will go Safety first round anyway, which i agree with.

And if we are going reciever we might as well take one in the draft rather than give away the few picks we have for a player who will just cause another mess.
Agreed i think were a safety away from being an elite defense!! I like the look of brandon Lafell out of the wideout's in this year's draft.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03.01.2010, 08:34 PM
bigdewgo's Avatar
bigdewgo bigdewgo is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 07.02.2007
Posts: 1,489
Send a message via MSN to bigdewgo
Default

I thought Sense has had agreat year. But i guess anything is an upgrade on Williams. But as said no Marshall great player but no thanks. O line needs help and NT too. Not saying 1st rounder but need depth after ratliff, siava seems solid but not 100% on him.

bigdewgo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 04:34 AM.