Draft - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 23.02.2010, 06:03 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi 54 View Post
They'd already been in the league a year though. Ryan's only been your coach for a year.
He had quite a few from his Baltimore days. Back to the Pats forum with you
Old 23.03.2010, 02:35 PM
MVP

Tannembaum came out and said that we would of drafted a CB if we didn't get Cromartie,but now we've got a lot of options.

I was against drafting a WR simply because we may re-sign Braylon Edwards.But the more I think about it the more I like the idea.

Edwards is in his final year of his contract and it's possible that he puts up big numbers which makes him harder to re-sign.And Edwards should be lower than Revis,Mangold,D'Brick and Harris(and maybe Washington) on the re-sign priority list.Even if we re-sign him,there's alwasy the chance he gets complacent and reverts to recent form.

By drafting a receiver we could have a starter for 2011 and won't have to pay big money for Edwards who is probably alwasy going to be a bit of an enigma.Not only that but becase we are drafting at the end of the round,we can sign a guy for 5 years on a fraction of the price we will have to pay Edwards.It makes the trade for Edwards look bad because we gave up a 3rd and a 5th for a season and a halfs worth of games but it does save a bit of money.

And we can't forget Braylon Edward's greatest weakness...his lack of a funny and unique first name.For years our rceiving crop has featured funny names such as Jerrico,Chansi and Laveranues.This year we could add a Golden Tate to the mix.
Old 23.03.2010, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Most "experts" seem to be leaning towards us taking a WR. We do need to upgrade the depth at the position but I'm against us using our first round pick on one. We're primarily a running team and Cotchery, Edwards and Keller are a good enough starting trio for now. I'd much rather see us spend the #29 pick on a DL or Safety and, considering the apparent depth at those two positions in this year's draft, we should be able to get a good one (even with such a low pick).
Old 23.03.2010, 04:56 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Most "experts" seem to be leaning towards us taking a WR. We do need to upgrade the depth at the position but I'm against us using our first round pick on one. We're primarily a running team and Cotchery, Edwards and Keller are a good enough starting trio for now. I'd much rather see us spend the #29 pick on a DL or Safety and, considering the apparent depth at those two positions in this year's draft, we should be able to get a good one (even with such a low pick).
WR would be depth for this season but could pay off for the next season.

We haven't re-signed MArques Douglas yet and we may not,I'm happy with Mike Devito as starter but I believe Shaun Ellis is entering his final year of his contract.DT/DE makes a lot of sense.

We have no real imediate needs so we have alot of options and the chance to get a good player.I'm started to get pretty excited about the draft.

The only position I wouldn't be thrilled with is OLB.I'm happy with Pace and Thomas.And I don't want to trade up this year.
Old 27.03.2010, 09:58 PM
Starter

Myron Rolle anyone?
will be one of the most intelligent players ever to play the game, we're not 100% set at Safety and he could drop as low as the 4th round
Old 27.03.2010, 10:21 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsDom View Post
Myron Rolle anyone?
will be one of the most intelligent players ever to play the game, we're not 100% set at Safety and he could drop as low as the 4th round
My perfect draft for the jets (never going to happen) is Earl Thomas falling to us in the 1st and taking Tyson Alualu round 2.

Obviously never happening but sure we can dream
Old 05.04.2010, 04:42 PM
MVP

While browsing http://www.nyjetscap.com/ ,i noticed that we can save 7 million by cutting Alan Faneca next season.With so many of our young cornerstones needing to be re-signed, I can see us drafting Mike Iupati if he's there and then cutting Faneca next year.
Old 05.04.2010, 06:48 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
While browsing http://www.nyjetscap.com/ ,i noticed that we can save 7 million by cutting Alan Faneca next season.With so many of our young cornerstones needing to be re-signed, I can see us drafting Mike Iupati if he's there and then cutting Faneca next year.
uncapped year would mean hopefully Woody can fork out some cash and we wont need to worry (too much) about salaries.
Although D-Line and arguably WR are our biggest needs right now, i agree with you 100% that we need to get some depth on that O-line, because both Faneca and Woody are getting towards the end of their careers.
Old 05.04.2010, 07:26 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsDom View Post
uncapped year would mean hopefully Woody can fork out some cash and we wont need to worry (too much) about salaries.
Although D-Line and arguably WR are our biggest needs right now, i agree with you 100% that we need to get some depth on that O-line, because both Faneca and Woody are getting towards the end of their careers.
I'm expecting that salary cap will be back for the 2011 season,or the season after the lock out if it happens.So while teams could go crazy just now,they have to prepare to go back under the cap.
Old 12.04.2010, 02:46 PM
MVP

I think it's safe to say we won't be taking a WR now.

I thinik I'm in favour of taking Maurkice Pouncey over Mike Iupati.from the sound it,Pouncey will be a much better pulling guard,making him a better replacement for Alan Faneca.

Pulling guard,DL or safety,OLB is a possiblity but I doubt we'll draft one in the first if we get Taylor.