Draft - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 14.04.2010, 05:37 PM
Starter

Well our receiving corps is looking pretty good now, so i think we can safely say we won't be drafting a WR, or at least not in the early rounds. I think we will focus on both lines.

My 'wannabe-expert/dream' mock draft for the Jets is as follows:
1st round: Jared Odrick DT Penn State, 6-5 296lbs
Odrick currently plays DT, but would fit in as a 3-4 DE very well. He is very good at shedding blocks and disrupting the backfield. Widely considered by many to be the best DT on the board after McCoy and Suh. DT or DE, he is the type of player that Rex would love to have.

2nd round: Jon Asamoah OG Illinois 6-4 305lbs
Asamoah can play at either RG or LG. Very capable at both pass blocking and run blocking. Has good footwork and moves off the snap very fast. Intelligent player who would do well to practice with the likes of Faneca.

4th round: Myron Rolle SS FSU 6-2 215lbs
One of the most intelligent prospects in this years draft, very athletic, reads the game very quickly and (unlike Rhodes) doesn't shy away from contact. Safety is one of the few uncertain positions on our defence. Rolle has the ability to contribute immideatley. Only weakness is his ball skills, and only has 1 career INT. Some are predicting him to drop as far as the 6th, but he's a player i'm pretty high on and think he's worth a 4th round pick.

6th round: John Connor FB Kentucky 5-11 246lbs
Old school FB who hits the hole hard. Also capable of running the ball and making catches out of the backfield. T-Rich doesn't have long left and we need to invest in someone to help Shonn Greene in the future. Recognised for his good work ethic

7th round: Joique Bell RB Wayne State 5-11 220lbs
Patient back with good vision. Has the ability to gain tough yards inside and break tackles in the secondary. Needs to improve his blocking and his speed has pushed down to the lower rounds, running 40 yards of 4.7 and 4.8 He should be a good addition to an already powerful running game

Keep an eye on: Ed Wang OT VT 6-5 318lbs
Could go anywhere from the 4th-6th round and i'd be happy if we did pick him.
Very athletic for a tackle of his size, some consider him to lack the mean streak needed to be effective in the trenches. More effective as a run blocker and downfield than as a pass blocker

Last edited by JetsDom; 15.04.2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 18.04.2010, 01:35 AM
Pro

Nice Draft there JetsDom

My ideal picks would be the following:

Round 1: Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina

Can play DE straight away for us and spell Jenkins to keep him fresh, would be perfect for our D line

Round 2: Tyson Alualu, DE, California

An absolute beast who really increased his stock at the senior bowl. Is just so powerful he would cause a hell of a lot of damage. Would give us great options on the D line with Ellis, Jenkins, Pouha, DeVito and Alualu.

Round 4: Chad Jones, S, LSU

Top athlete who was a star in the national title winning Baseball team meaning he has won national titles in football and baseball. Fast strong and a really good prospect who would see time in his first season.

Round 6: Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame

A very good tackle to cover our impressive O line and could potential fill in LG in the 2011 season to cut Faneca too save cap room to resign all our big time stars.

Round 7: Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan

We need a punter badly so why not draft Mesko, very good punter and would be a big improvement on our special teams

Just thought I'd add my perfect draft before it all gets underway on Thurs night, hope we get some good solid players and do nothing silly.
Old 22.04.2010, 01:02 PM
MVP

I'm getting a bit worried as a lot of mocks and the beat writers are saying the jets will take a corner.I hate the idea of either ditching Cromartie after a year or spending a 1st round pick on a corner.

I'd really like either Jared Odrick ,Maurkice Pouncey or Mike Iupati with our pick.Probably any pick so long as it's on a linemen.The guy that scares me is Taylor Mays,I hope we've learned our lesson from Gholston.
Old 22.04.2010, 01:35 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
I'm getting a bit worried as a lot of mocks and the beat writers are saying the jets will take a corner.I hate the idea of either ditching Cromartie after a year or spending a 1st round pick on a corner.

I'd really like either Jared Odrick ,Maurkice Pouncey or Mike Iupati with our pick.Probably any pick so long as it's on a linemen.The guy that scares me is Taylor Mays,I hope we've learned our lesson from Gholston.
I agree completely I cant believe so many experts have us down as picking a corner in round 1?!!?!?!

that defies logic. we filled the need with cromartie so that we didnt have to be forced to take a corner if better players were on the board.

I think Rex is being honest when he says he will look at who is available when its our pick. He will pick the best player left in his opinion regardless of posistion. I doubt this will be a corner.
Old 23.04.2010, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Not a betting man are ya Stocksy??!! Very surprised with the decision to draft Wilson but everyone (except Cody) who I thought we might pick was gone so taking probably the best available player isn't a bad move.
Old 23.04.2010, 11:41 AM
Pro

There are two ways to get to the QB, with great pass rushers or with coverage. Our defence just got a hell of a lot better.

Stick Cromartie and Wilson into our team for the AFC championship with an 11 point lead and see what happens.

This basically lets Rex come up with a hell of a lot more exotic blitz packages and means he can pack the box and leave the cb's to go man on man. Trust me this move rocks and puts Cromartie under pressure to perform in a contract year and by the way if Cromartie performs like I think he will he will get a new contract with us.

Got this off a jets forum, how funny is this:

Revis Island with Wilson and the Crow hahahaa
Old 23.04.2010, 04:42 PM
Starter

Rex's defence is based around great CBs he just can't have enough and Kyle Wilson is going to be a brilliant addition playing the nickel, can't wait to see him take on Wes Welker
Old 23.04.2010, 07:02 PM
MVP

This rumour that we are trying to get rid of Faneca just won't go away.I wanted to get a Faneca's replacement this draft but my idea was that he sits for a season and then we cut Faneca next year.

Either way it looks like it might be a guard tonight.I want a linemen of some sort.
Old 23.04.2010, 07:46 PM
Starter

Quote:
This rumour that we are trying to get rid of Faneca just won't go away.I wanted to get a Faneca's replacement this draft but my idea was that he sits for a season and then we cut Faneca next year.

Either way it looks like it might be a guard tonight.I want a linemen of some sort.
apparently Slauson our 7th round pick from last year is more than able to replace Faneca.
I think we do need some depth on the O-Line but i'd rather see us take a D-Lineman
Old 24.04.2010, 10:25 AM
Starter

Quote:

Vlad Ducasse good enough for you?
Ducasse