Going to a game. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 07.10.2010, 07:46 PM
All Pro

Default Going to a game.

Planning on going to New York next October and hoping to catch a game whilst we're there. Ideally the Vikings and Giants will finish in the same position in their divisions and will play each other whilst we are there but with that being a long shot it'll probably most likely be a Jets game I'll be looking for.

We're probably gonna be staying in the Times Square/Broadway area and just wondering if anybody has any advice about getting to and from the stadium? We're not really wanting to get the subway so it would be more likely cab/bus but need to think about how much it will cost, how long it will take etc..

Thanks for any advice!
Old 07.10.2010, 08:23 PM
All Pro

Why don't you want to take the subway.
Taxi from times square should take about half an hour and cost you about $35 each way.
Old 18.10.2010, 03:44 PM
Rookie

Default No, no, no

First off, as a visiting fan, just know that we don't have "Away supporters" areas...you're mixed in with the lot, so remember to keep the smack talk to a serious minimum. I've "dealt" with a few away fans at Giants stadium in years past, so keep that in mind.
The best way from Times square area to the games is a bus from Port authority. They're usually about $6 round trip and drop you off right at the staduim doorstep. Cheaper, and more festive than a taxi any day.
Old 18.10.2010, 07:19 PM
Rookie

This is good to know,

Thanks
Old 21.10.2010, 10:21 AM
Starter

Im seeing Bills@Jets on the last week of the season
Old 21.10.2010, 01:15 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskilz View Post
First off, as a visiting fan, just know that we don't have "Away supporters" areas...you're mixed in with the lot, so remember to keep the smack talk to a serious minimum. I've "dealt" with a few away fans at Giants stadium in years past, so keep that in mind.
The best way from Times square area to the games is a bus from Port authority. They're usually about $6 round trip and drop you off right at the staduim doorstep. Cheaper, and more festive than a taxi any day.
Don't worry, although I'm a Vikings fan I do have a soft spot for the Jets and as the 2 teams won't be playing each other next season if I go to a Jets game I will be hoping to see them win! My sister has joked that she's gonna wear a Giants jersey to the game but I've told her if that's her plan she's not coming! lol

Thanks for the info about the bus, that sounds perfect!
Old 26.10.2010, 12:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs View Post
Don't worry, although I'm a Vikings fan I do have a soft spot for the Jets and as the 2 teams won't be playing each other next season if I go to a Jets game I will be hoping to see them win! My sister has joked that she's gonna wear a Giants jersey to the game but I've told her if that's her plan she's not coming! lol

Thanks for the info about the bus, that sounds perfect!
No worries. The prices fluctuate each season, but I know the port authority busses are the best way to get to/from the game. Port Authority is a massive building on the corner of 42nd st. and 7th Ave. You'll need to go to the NJ transit ticket counters (If coming in the main entrance...straight ahead, up a few stairs, and on the left hand side)
Old 20.04.2011, 09:30 AM
All Pro

So the schedule has just been announced and I'm lucky enough to get a Jets home game whilst I'm in New York and it will be the MNF Dolphins game! *fingers crossed this season is gonna go ahead* I'm so excited at the thought of going to a MNF game! But do you reckon it will harder/more expensive to get tickets or really just the same?
Old 21.04.2011, 03:00 PM
Pro

If you miss out on getting tickets from Ticketmaster, stubhub.com is the place to get them. I was at a Jets game last year and got lower endzone tickets for about $230 which was not too bad!
Old 22.04.2011, 01:11 PM
All Pro

Hopefully I'll get them off ticketmaster relatively cheap. Got to pay for tickets for 3 people so looking at under $200 each hopefully! Either that or I'll go by myself