Going to a game. - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 15.05.2011, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
Went to opening night this past season. Even though we lost it was an incredible experience, one that every serious Jets fan should try to do. Got my ticket through Stubhub for $115 in the Upper Endzone and sent via email. Was a good seat for the price. Got the subway to Penn Station and then NJ Transit to the Meadowlands via Secaucus. Getting back to NYC was a pain, the train queue was awful. Food/drink is expensive at the ground like any UK stadium. But worth the hassle and every penny. Thinking about going to PHI vs NYJ this season in the City of Brotherly Love with my Eagles supporting mate. Gotta save up some serious $$$ though!

This was the view from my seat:

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask!
That shot is incredible, looks like great seats for that price. Would love to go see Jets @ Eagles this season too, should be a great, close game. I don't think ill be able to afford it though ...
Old 15.05.2011, 09:39 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs View Post
So went to buy my tickets lastnight off tickco. Was getting lower goal line tickets for $193 each so went for them. They were charging $144 processing fee! So decided against it. Is this normal? Do you get chraged these kind of prices on stubhub too? Also has anyone had their ticket sent to uk before? Cause not a lot of people on stubhub seem to offering electronic delivery?
The Stubhub processing fee was like $15, which is insane for emailing a piece of paper but that just sounds crazy. I used TiqIQ to compare all the ticket sellers, it's often used by Brian on thejetsblog.
Old 16.05.2011, 07:15 PM
All Pro

So decided just to buy my tickets now. Every site seems to be a rip off for service charges so just had to accept I was gonna be paying a wee bit more. Probably could have waited and got cheaper tickets but I'm impatient and just wanted to buy them now so I can get excited about going.. well as long as the season goes ahead!!
Old 18.05.2011, 03:31 PM
All Pro

Me and the missus are trying to put together our October holiday now. 10 dayer with nice hotels and hire car for the NE part. New York, Boston and New England. Really want to get tickets for the Giants/Seahawks game and the Patriots/Cowboys game on subsequent Sundays.

It's just this ticket thing that's causing me minor worries. It's kind of the whole point of going even though we want a nice holiday as well but these ticket prices seem high at the moment. I'm tempted to gamble and go through ticketmaster much nearer the time but what if the games are sold out? We would go all that way and not get to see either NFL game. Are there always tickets available a couple of weeks or less before the game (and 2 tickets together for that matter)?
Old 18.05.2011, 04:07 PM
All Pro

That's why I bought mine now just for peace of mind that I am definitely getting to go (well, as long as there is a season!) I know I'd probably get them cheaper nearer the time but with it being a Monday night divisional game I didn't wanna take the chance of them being sold out. Plus I needed 3 tickets and everyone seemed to be selling them in even numbers only.
Old 19.05.2011, 10:53 PM
Pro

My friends bought tickets for the Patriots Season opening game last year a week before the game, and got great lower endzone tickets. So there is always tickets available!
Old 20.05.2011, 01:40 PM
All Pro

Yeah I think I am going to wait until July(?) first for the official ticketmaster Single Game option and then their ticket exchange thing. if not then StubHub beckons nearer the time. There are always going to be tickets available. Worst case scenario is I have to pay top dollar at the last minute I guess.

We are putting the holiday together ourselves so hopefully what we save on that can go towards tickets.
Old 10.07.2011, 11:07 AM
Pro

Talking

Go to port authority bus terminal and they run busses on gameday to meadowlands and returning after the game. Think it's $10 return. Safe, hassle free and great Jets chat on the bus!
Old 10.07.2011, 05:22 PM
All Pro

I've got tickets to the Eagles at the Giants in November through Sports Travel Tours. It seems like reading this that the Port Authority bus is the easiest way to get to and from the stadium?

Looking forward to it, never been to NY or seen the Giants, even the wife is excited (well, as excited as a women can be with no interest in NFL and sitting in a freezing stadium on a cold Sunday night!).
Old 13.07.2011, 11:00 AM
Team Captain

I'm honeymooning in the US at the time we play the Bills in NY, but sadly NY was second to Orlando in the list of destinations. Heard there are a couple of Jets bars in Orlando though, so hoping to watch it from there.