Jets 2011 Draft - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 30.01.2011, 04:12 PM
All Pro

Will there still be a draft if the strike goes ahead? Why would the teams take the players on only for them to strike.
Old 30.01.2011, 04:39 PM
All Pro

My understanding is that the teams will still draft players, however they won't agree contracts until the new CBA is in place. So the players won't be paid until their contracts are in place.
Old 29.03.2011, 05:38 PM
All Pro

Lately I've been hearing Justin Houston (OLB) out of Georgia is a possible target for the Jets.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1620558
Old 31.03.2011, 11:20 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocheb73 View Post
Lately I've been hearing Justin Houston (OLB) out of Georgia is a possible target for the Jets.

Sounds intriguing.I still would like a D-linemen but if Rex wants a pass rusher then I wouldn't object.

Phil Taylor sounds intriguing.He's got that size and potential to be a great NT.Although I think he has off the field issues which puts me off a bit.
Old 31.03.2011, 10:49 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley_Man View Post
Phil Taylor sounds intriguing.He's got that size and potential to be a great NT.Although I think he has off the field issues which puts me off a bit.
Yeah I agree, Phil Taylor is top of my list. I'm aware of the off-field issues which are always a warning mark, although most of the talk now is of that being in the past. We are the type of organisation that will cut a little slack when it comes to off-field stuff too.

Last edited by Tocheb73; 31.03.2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01.04.2011, 08:37 AM
MVP

Quote:
Yeah I agree, Phil Taylor is top of my list. I'm aware of the off-field issues which are always a warning mark, although most of the talk now is of that being in the past. We are the type of organisation that will cut a little slack when it comes to off-field stuff too.
Very true.I also feel that Rex could get the best out of d-linemen so I'm not too worried about any red flags about a guy being lazy.
Old 02.04.2011, 02:55 PM
All Pro

It is great having a coaching staff you have full confidence to get the best out of guys in. The other thing I love about Rex and the current staff we have is guys genuinely want to come and play for us. I feel we have an advantage in Free Agency with because of this, and not just with bringing guys in but with keeping our own guys too. It's great.
Old 03.04.2011, 10:59 AM
Team Captain

Quote:

Akeem Ayers (UCLA) is on a couple of mocks for us to finally address the age old pass rush issue but,,,,I dunno,,,,,
Anybody dispondant on the Draft or am I still scarred with the VG scam?
I mean,,,I cant trust anyone in the combine still
Big gap till our 3rd pick concerns me also but someone akin to Jarvis Jenkins (puoha backup) may still be available in a Def-packed class?
Hope I havnt contradicted oneself here?
eyes down and see what falls,afterall,,It can NOT be nor ever should be a biggger bust than `ol No.6 a while ago :/
Old 06.04.2011, 11:11 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSE View Post
Akeem Ayers (UCLA) is on a couple of mocks for us to finally address the age old pass rush issue but,,,,I dunno,,,,,
Anybody dispondant on the Draft or am I still scarred with the VG scam?
I mean,,,I cant trust anyone in the combine still
Big gap till our 3rd pick concerns me also but someone akin to Jarvis Jenkins (puoha backup) may still be available in a Def-packed class?
Hope I havnt contradicted oneself here?
eyes down and see what falls,afterall,,It can NOT be nor ever should be a biggger bust than `ol No.6 a while ago :/
I think there is only a slim chance Ayers will fall to us, would be good if he did though. I'm pretty confident about our draft this year, every team has a VG in some shape or form so I wouldn't let that put you off! I can see Mike Tannenbaum trying to trade up into the second. We only really have two major needs; so losing some later picks to addresses those needs would be great.
Old 28.04.2011, 04:33 PM
Pro

The depth on Pass Rushers seems to go deep, so quite confident