Boxing Thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 20.03.2011, 12:43 PM
All Pro

Default Boxing Thread

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9430033.stm

Did anyone else watch Vitali Klitschko against Odlanier Solis?

Solis, to me, took a dive... The punch barely caught him and it didn't even hit his head direct as it hit his glove... Just glad i didn't pay to watch that rubbish.
Old 20.03.2011, 01:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/9430033.stm

Did anyone else watch Vitali Klitschko against Odlanier Solis?

Solis, to me, took a dive... The punch barely caught him and it didn't even hit his head direct as it hit his glove... Just glad i didn't pay to watch that rubbish.
no i think something seriously went seriously wrong with his knee, no way that is a knockout shot, but he knee went, and if you look at his legs after, something went big time, he couldn't put weight on it.

also may i point out, solis tore a cruciate ligament!!! no way he continues.
Old 20.03.2011, 01:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
no i think something seriously went seriously wrong with his knee, no way that is a knockout shot, but he knee went, and if you look at his legs after, something went big time, he couldn't put weight on it.

also may i point out, solis tore a cruciate ligament!!! no way he continues.
Any injuries to his knee happened as he was falling.... He had no right to be falling in the first place.
The injury was self inflicted due to him taking a dive.
Old 20.03.2011, 01:23 PM
Hall of Fame

just seen it on skysports news and it did seem very odd. if its an act its a very very good act but how on earth could that punch have ended the fight?

watching it more it definitely seems his leg goes as he's stepping back
Old 20.03.2011, 01:28 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawkins#20 View Post
just seen it on skysports news and it did seem very odd. if its an act its a very very good act but how on earth could that punch have ended the fight?

watching it more it definitely seems his leg goes as he's stepping back
the punch wouldn't,

tearing your acl or something similar is. if you can barely stand on a leg, the fight would of been over within 30 seconds, of round two,

more to the point why does klitscho care, he wins, he retains, happy days, bring on haye.
Old 20.03.2011, 01:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksgtmason View Post
the punch wouldn't,

tearing your acl or something similar is. if you can barely stand on a leg, the fight would of been over within 30 seconds, of round two,

more to the point why does klitscho care, he wins, he retains, happy days, bring on haye.
There was nothing wrong with his leg till he fell... You can see it going as he slips.
As for Klitschko, nah i doubt he cares today either but he wasnt happy last night when he went down lol
Old 20.03.2011, 01:37 PM
Hall of Fame

i was going to say, we've seen acl tears before, you dont do anything for ages.
Old 22.03.2011, 12:47 PM
Starter

Solis was in the hospital after the fight with his knee, looks like he may have to retire or so the early reports stated. He looked ok in the 1st round, the punch was never enough to knock him out and it was definitely the fall that caused it but there are reports from his camp that his knee was damaged in training camp and they jsut did not want to lose the chance to fight for the title. They thought his knee would hold up. Obviously they were wrong.

Onto prizefighter this wed, always a great nights entertainment. Super middleweights this time so should be pretty exciting.
Old 22.03.2011, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Am not a big fan of the prizefighter format, am a bit old school in that respect, but i think i'm certainly in the minority there. It's a big success.

Am most looking forward to DeGale/Groves, hoping George can get the job done. I'm a fan of DeGale's style, but he's getting so classless outside of the ring that he really needs taking down a peg or two.

DeGale is an intelligent enough lad. Saying 'You is a ugly boy' in an interview is below him, and frankly, pathetic.

Last edited by HSTDriver; 22.03.2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 22.03.2011, 08:00 PM
Starter

I can't wait till the Degale/Groves fight, it should be a cracker I agree Degale has been going a bit OTT in the build up with some of his comments, I don't know whether that is pre fight nerves or sour grapes because Groves beat him in the amateurs.
I'm picking Degale to win by stoppage in the later rounds, he's more elusive and has the classier approach, Groves showed in his last fight against Anderson he is easy to hit, and he nearly lost that fight.

Who are u picking in this one fight fans?