Game Pass 2011 - UK Blackouts - Page 20 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 18.09.2011, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_H View Post
Unrestricted Gamepass would be great of course, from a lot of peoples personal perspectives if they subscribe to S/Sports for the NFL and nothing else. But will GP really be the way forward for the NFL to be available here until broadband in this country is good enough everywhere that everyone who would want it could have it?.

On the other side of the coin many people don't want SKY either. This game will never catch on here, we've been at it for 30 years, it's still niche, it still gets tiny viewing figures and always will - it's a niche product and market that needs a niche solution.

I get the BB point but we can't be dictated to by SKY forever, and if you want to live in the sticks and enjoy the p and q and the beauty there's gonna be drawbacks, just as there are benefits from urban living and downsides too.

The deal runs out this season, and it's time to move on.
Old 18.09.2011, 01:55 PM
Hall of Fame

I hope Sky renews. We will regret it if they don't
Old 18.09.2011, 03:18 PM
Rookie

Default NYG v Redskins Blackout

I tried to watch the NYG v Redskins game last night, but being a 9pm Sunday night game it was not available. I was then pointed to this forum.

I can understand SKY's desire to blackout games. It was good when it was just whilst it was live, acceptable for 24 hours, but the 6 days is over the top. I can only hope the NFL change this when the contract is renegotiated.

All we can do is make our feelings know in the hope, vain or otherwise, that someone is listening.
Old 18.09.2011, 04:16 PM
Rookie

Yep.

It's right there in the NEW T&Cs of gamepass subscription.

The problem is... That this might as well work out to be a week long blackout! I may drop game pass next year as this wasn't brought up front and centre given the fact that it was a MASSIVE change in the product I feel cheated here!
Old 19.09.2011, 12:25 AM
All Pro

Are the Sunday night channel 4 games blacked out?

It's 1:23am on Monday morning, the eagles falcons game is about to start but game pass think there's 23 hours until kick-off. It's not the usual blackout message.

It did the same last Sunday night.
Old 19.09.2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny73 View Post
Are the Sunday night channel 4 games blacked out?

It's 1:23am on Monday morning, the eagles falcons game is about to start but game pass think there's 23 hours until kick-off. It's not the usual blackout message.

It did the same last Sunday night.
For UK subscribers, Sunday Night Football games are NOT subject to blackouts.
Old 19.09.2011, 11:43 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesp View Post
For UK subscribers, Sunday Night Football games are NOT subject to blackouts.
Why do I get a countdown to kick-off with 23 hours to go, when the game has kicked off and is live on Channel 4? It's done this the first two Sunday Night Football games.

I'm in the UK and using an iPad 2.
Old 21.09.2011, 11:34 AM
Hall of Fame

I think at worst it needs to be a 24hr blackout, I'm thinking of Gamepass for next season (otherwise Ill never get to watch the Dolphins) but 6 days is excessive. It will be an interesting off-season with regards to TV coverage.
Old 21.09.2011, 11:52 AM
Hall of Fame

Two weeks in, have we seen any evidence of why Sky have decided to enforce the full 6 days this year? I expected that the reason might be because they actually planned to use the footage right up to the Saturday, but I don't recall seeing any additional airings beyond what they have done in previous years.
Old 21.09.2011, 02:21 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul31 View Post
Two weeks in, have we seen any evidence of why Sky have decided to enforce the full 6 days this year? I expected that the reason might be because they actually planned to use the footage right up to the Saturday, but I don't recall seeing any additional airings beyond what they have done in previous years.
Because it's in the contract and it wasn't being enforced and they noticed, doesn't matter if they use it or not cos the NFL signed a legally binding contract to black the games out for 6 days.

Tags
black out , blackout , blackouts , game pass , gamepass