Game Pass 2011 - UK Blackouts - Page 28 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 09.11.2011, 07:22 PM
Aristotle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewi View Post
Is the contract due for renewal soon? I sure hope so. Sky's attitude to the NFL and it's British fans has been appalling, starting with charging the same for a subscription while losing the red button and Sunday night games and now the 6 day wait for blacked-out games. The sooner ESPN take full NFL rights the better. They don't insist MNF is blacked-out.
You actually think Sky's pricing strategy is controlled by it's NFL output? Try again.
Old 09.11.2011, 09:39 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul31 View Post
There is no evidence to suggest any of these things would be any better as it's unprecedented territory.
ESPN America is shown in Europe, there is no Blackout for Gamepass .......
Old 09.11.2011, 09:50 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven 1889 View Post
ESPN America is shown in Europe, there is no Blackout for Gamepass .......
The title of this thread is UK blackouts, so I stand by the notion there is no precedent.
Old 09.11.2011, 10:00 PM
Team Captain

Here is a sky story which will illustrate their wonderful customer service ethos. September 17th I rang sky to upgrade to the sports package in order to watch our beloved NFL. Due to a system error on sky's end was unable to do so. 8 weeks later and no progress made despite 6 e mails and almost no replies with any sense of customer service or prowess on their end. Sometimes I envy the American customer service ethos..... plus they get to watch the NFL.
Old 10.11.2011, 08:22 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul31 View Post
The title of this thread is UK blackouts, so I stand by the notion there is no precedent.
Acutaslly if anything there is a precedent, ESPN knows full well that NFLUK granted exclusivity to Sky and therefore would most likely insist on the same would they be in the position to demand so.

Agree with everything else you say though, don't know why people think ESPN = good and Sky = bad. It's all about money at the end of the day and both companies will do whatever they can to protect their investments.
Old 09.12.2011, 02:25 AM
Pro

Starting to get very bored of having every Green Bay game blacked out.
Thankfully, this is the internet, but I do get very upset at having to find alternative means, when I have already paid for a service to show me games of my team! It is getting ridiculous!

It is sad that Sky shows so little variety of teams coming in to the end of the season. There are plenty of teams which are going to make it to the playoffs, yet Sky are completely obsessed with who they think may win, just like their obsession with superbowl rings.

Really hope going into next year, NFL don't end up sign some spactastic contract with Sky which causes all this rubbish.

Last edited by PavlovsDog; 09.12.2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09.12.2011, 02:44 AM
Hall of Fame

Other potential playoff teams play against the Packers in these games though. If they were showing the Packers against 3-10 teams, then you might think it's all about the Packers.

But the games with NY Giants and Oakland in Weeks 12 and 13 - these are as much about these playoff hopefuls as they are about the Packers.
Old 09.12.2011, 09:56 AM
Team Captain

The 6 day blackout rule certainly negates buying a single team season pass....it's like russian roulette on how many of the 16 games you'd actually be able to watch live for your money.

[edit] Why is it that this forum puts question marks whenever I type UK sterling symbols!? [/edit]
Old 09.12.2011, 12:43 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Steeler View Post
[edit] Why is it that this forum puts question marks whenever I type UK sterling symbols!? [/edit]
Another side-effect of the great forum "upgrade".
Old 10.12.2011, 02:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaz View Post
Here is a sky story which will illustrate their wonderful customer service ethos. September 17th I rang sky to upgrade to the sports package in order to watch our beloved NFL. Due to a system error on sky's end was unable to do so. 8 weeks later and no progress made despite 6 e mails and almost no replies with any sense of customer service or prowess on their end. Sometimes I envy the American customer service ethos..... plus they get to watch the NFL.
i hear a lot of these sorts of complaints about a lot of big companies. they can be solved very easily.

don't allow them to tell you what they can or can't do. don't ask them to do things. don't leave any of it up to them. you TELL them what they are going to do and when they are going to do it by. to ask to speak to their manager or superior if they cannot give you what you want. tell the person on the other end of the line that it isn't their fault but you aren't hanging up until to get what you want. you have to be hard, and sometimes sound pretty mean. don't be affraid to tell them they are wrong and that what they are doing isn't good enough. keep telling them that they will do better. use this line: "if you aren't prepared to do what i want; find me someone in your company who will."

we make the mistake of thinking that these large companies have the power to shift national/political agendas but they aren't capable to flicking a switch or cutting an individual customer's bill. for instance, when i became uphappy with sky's broadband (about 18 months ago) i simply refused to pay them any money but demanded that they keep my internet running so that they could fix the problem. when the customer service person said this wasn't possible, i disagreed and told them to make it possible and to it do it immediately. eventually, you'll get put through to someone who gets paid way too much to deal with a customer and just wants to shut you up.

last month my friend got a brand new sky HD box plus sky sports & movies for six months for FREE. my friend had been a long term sky customer and hadn't taken out insurance on her HD box. when it broke they refused to pay for it. she said that if she didn't have a new box installed in her house by the end of the week, she'd cancell her subscription. they refused so she asked to be put through to cancellations. within one hour, she'd got the new box plus the free bills because she asked the customer service manager for his name and his boss' name so that she could complain about the appalling care she'd received as a long term sky customer.

don't let these companies do what they want to do. make them do what you want. we pay enough. it doesn't take much, other than a little patience.

Tags
black out , blackout , blackouts , game pass , gamepass