Game Pass 2011 - UK Blackouts - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 07.08.2011, 06:46 PM
Pro

Understood Charlesp, thanks for the clarity.

In regards to the EU/US thing, that wasn't my point. Oz isn't in the EU either, but as far as I can understand it, a UK subscriber could watch it there. It is just the fact that since GamePass isn't available for purchase in US and the other countries you mention at all, that is the reason you can't watch it there.

It is not so much the location as the reason. That you have cleared up and I thank you for it.
Old 07.08.2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokubetsu View Post
Understood Charlesp, thanks for the clarity.

In regards to the EU/US thing, that wasn't my point. Oz isn't in the EU either, but as far as I can understand it, a UK subscriber could watch it there. It is just the fact that since GamePass isn't available for purchase in US and the other countries you mention at all, that is the reason you can't watch it there.

It is not so much the location as the reason. That you have cleared up and I thank you for it.
Not sure what you mean regarding EU/US. Even if you purchased Game Pass in the UK, you cannot and will not be able to access Game Pass in the US. No where have I ever intimated or stated that users can access Game Pass in the US. Hopefully this clears any confusion you have or addresses the point you are trying to make.
Old 07.08.2011, 06:53 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
the European Commission has already ruled that national blackouts are lawful
Fine by me, buying a 3pm Satellite Subscription from within Europe now circumvents that.

Anyhow, getting a bit too off Topic ............
Old 07.08.2011, 06:57 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM2 View Post
I did kinda suspect this would be the case, but I just thought I'd check

Oh, and the Bears @ Eagles Monday Night game is already on my schedule for when I'm out there
Niiice That'll be an ace game - and a MNF one too...lucky you.

The Seahawks @ Rams is definitely confirmed on my schedule for our visit this year (I'm still 'negotiating' on the Broncos @ Vikes game a couple of Sundays later ). I can live without Gamepass if it means being there in person!
Old 07.08.2011, 11:01 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM2 View Post
Is Gamepass available to purchase in the US?

I ask because as a UK subscriber, I will be in the US for a 2 week vacation in Novemeber, so I wanted to make sure that I can use my Gamepass account without any problems whilst I am over there.

I know you said it is not a question of where you purchase your subscription, but a question of where you watch it, but I wondered, if Gamepass isn't available to purchase in the US, what would happen if I try to watch it in a country that Gamepass isn't available for purchase?
Gamepass is not offered in the US (or Canada or Mexico, I believe). Only way to legally stream games is if you subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTV.
Old 08.08.2011, 03:22 PM
Starter

Charlessp

Can I ask if any consideration was given to a reduced price for UK fans which would take into account that 2 games per week are not available to watch live?

I understand that the NFL/GamePass has no control over the blackout rules, but they do have control over the price point for GamePass.

If you're looking for a quick win to appease all these people, it would go a long way. Not like the NFL needs the money...
Old 08.08.2011, 07:39 PM
Starter

Problem is, the reason why the NFL is awash with revenue is precisely because they charge a high price for fans to watch. I admit I never thought of Game Pass as an option for me, but it could be for next season. The NFL is never going to do anything else other than find the very top of the earnings curve between price and viewers / subscribers, and will exploit live streaming to the full. The NFL will in all likelihood not care too much about the blackout clause, on the basis that most fans interested in Game Pass and get it to watch their own team will probably just put up with the few weeks in the season when they will have to wait and watch their team's game.
Old 08.08.2011, 08:16 PM
Pro Bowler

One thing I take issue with is people who decide to use illegal streams to watch the games instead of gamepass and cite the blackouts as the direct reason for this.

While the blackouts are frustrating, its clear that if the people who resort to illegal broadcasts to watch the games changed to legit methods, the price for gamepass may actually be a lot less for subscribers
Old 08.08.2011, 08:42 PM
Pro

Can anyone confirm than gamepass works in the netherlands before i go ahead any buy iy?
Old 08.08.2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifey_Spoony View Post
Can anyone confirm than gamepass works in the netherlands before i go ahead any buy iy?
Not sure how you mean by confirm it works in the Netherlands, but I can tell you that Game Pass is available in the Netherlands and there are quite a number of subscribers from that territory the last few years. So yes, I guess I can confirm it's works there.

Tags
black out , blackout , blackouts , game pass , gamepass