Hopes and Fears - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 08.08.2011, 01:31 PM
Team Captain

I'm not expecting big things this season but at the same time I think we will be better than last season. 6-10 doesn't paint the whole picture. Its 1-7 with Wade and 5-3 with Garrett. Garrett did it with Jon Kitna beating the Giants and Colts in the process. Came withing 5 yards and a fumble of beating the Saints.

I also love the way Rob Ryan approaches the game, its no different than a boxer. You never here boxers say, "Yeah, he is better than me and will probably kick my ****". Its not disrespectful, its not arrogance. He never calls the other teams bad or say they are rubbish players, he just says his players are better.

Its just to put his own players in the right mind set, get them fired up and give them some much needed confidence.

As Aikman said, Wade said nothing and that clearly wasn't working anymore, the players were not responding. Now we have got somebody on the other end of the spectrum. It might work out, it might not but give the guy a chance.

On a lighter not, I'm liking what I'm hearing about Lonyae Miller. I new he could run but had no idea he was 236lbs!!! :O If he carries on our trio could be Felix, Murray and Miller with Choice being traded or cut.
Old 08.08.2011, 04:34 PM
Pro Bowler

Already injuries around the league that have murmurs about Choice being traded. Detroit the most obvious so far.

And I also agree about Ryans style. Get the players willing to run through a brick wall for you. Get their back and they`ll play for you, and passionately.
Old 08.08.2011, 09:27 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_E_V_ View Post

On a lighter not, I'm liking what I'm hearing about Lonyae Miller. I new he could run but had no idea he was 236lbs!!! :O If he carries on our trio could be Felix, Murray and Miller with Choice being traded or cut.
I'm also liking what i hear about Lonyae Miller but i'd be hanging onto Tash until i see how good Miller looks when people are actually allowed to hit him. A lot of RBs look good in camp and then once the pads go on shrivel up.

Sounds like Tyron Smith gave Spencer a bit of a tough time in the full scrimmage practices, Spencer didn't get close to Romo and was also driven off the ball when a run was called.
Old 09.08.2011, 03:09 PM
Pro Bowler

Hope Smith is just being a beast......or our Offence will have to have a you score 49 we score 50 mentality!!
Old 09.08.2011, 10:24 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman_8 View Post
I'm also liking what i hear about Lonyae Miller but i'd be hanging onto Tash until i see how good Miller looks when people are actually allowed to hit him. A lot of RBs look good in camp and then once the pads go on shrivel up.

Sounds like Tyron Smith gave Spencer a bit of a tough time in the full scrimmage practices, Spencer didn't get close to Romo and was also driven off the ball when a run was called.
I guess we'll find out on Thursday... Can't wait!

I heard that as well about Smith but I was also following the play-by-play of the scrimmage on ESPN-Dallas and they said "Spencer breezes past Smith and would have sacked Romo. Romo threw the ball anyway to Dez for a TD who then slam dunked the ball over the goal"
Old 11.08.2011, 11:48 AM
Starter

Kevin Ogletree will need to step up - Witten, Bennett and Phillips will be doing more blocking than usual for the first few weeks of the season to help that O-Line and help the run game.

Leonard Davis still not signed anywhere - a cheap one year deal anyone? Plug and play at Right Guard for sure. Although Holland is a servicable Guard and would be happy for him to start.

I am expecting a lot of exotic packages on Defense. Some 4-3 even, moving Ratliff around, using Sean Lee a lot more. Elam is not the best, but he is an upgrade on Ball and he knows the scheme. Same for Coleman. Hoped Ryan has restored Jenkin's confidence and sorted out a few technique issues. I like what I have seen (albeit breifly) of Josh Brent.
Old 12.08.2011, 12:13 AM
Pro

I "hope" the Cowboys win the Superbowl, but I "fear" they won't.
Old 13.08.2011, 04:30 PM
Pro Bowler

Been away from the forum for the summer, so this seems as good a thread as any to get bac into the swing of things.

Hopes

- Dez stays healthy and out of trouble.
- O-Line gives T-Ro some protection.
- We beat the newly chirtsned 'Dream Team' from Philly.
- Ryan sorts the D out.
- We better last year's record

Fears

- The secondary (it was woeful last year)
- The O-Line. Our RBs had no hope last year.
- What was our ratio last year? Poor, is what i remember.
- Philly - That team is just stupidly good.
- Depth at WR. If Dez or Austin get injured, we are short on options.
Old 16.08.2011, 06:32 PM
Team Captain

Hopes

- Bryant stays healthy and out of trouble.
- remodelled O-Line gives Romo some protection.
- Ryan sorts the D out, especially the secondary.
- a 3rd receiver steps up, Austin, Bryant and Witten can not carry the load.
- the running game develops, Jones proves to be a 'stud' as a multi-purpose back and we find a beast to pound opposing defences.
- Ryan makes interviews fun to listen to.
- Philadelpia make the worst out of a talented roster.

Fears

- The secondary gets burnt regularly.....again.
- Philadelphia live up to their potential.
- Romo gets injured.....again.
Old 29.08.2011, 03:17 PM
All Pro

I really fear for our O-Line if we trade or cut Gurode. I think we will be extremely short of experience in there, not to mention numbers.