Cowboys @ Pats - Week 6 - How did we do? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 17.10.2011, 02:03 AM
Pro

Default Cowboys @ Pats - Week 6 - How did we do?

Ok so i thought i'd start a thread for Week 6 and see where it leads. I want to see where people place the team performance this week. (I thought it was the best so far.) And how did you think individuals did.

I started the Week 1 thread and I must say that I was very opinionated about the overall performance and so very pissed off with the QB performance. Mainly because I stayed up all night to watch it and then we literallly threw the game away. I thought that this week was a much better overall performance. In the end I think that both O & D played well but ultimately lacked the determination the the Pats showed. We were after all playing in Foxboro and against Tom Brady (who did his usual and pulled out a TD pass at the end) . I think that it was generally unlucky that we didn't close them out in the last few minutes, but hasn't that been the story of our season so far...
Old 17.10.2011, 09:58 AM
Pro Bowler

I think the team is a lot better than people thought they were gonna be.

We played the patriots well enough at foxboro and I hope they build on it and put together afew wins now.
I dont think our division is very good this year so we may be in the mix at the end.

The secondary has been much better than I thought it would , but we still seem to play very scrappy games, stupid mistakes etc.
Old 17.10.2011, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like you played well on both sides of the ball (especially Defensively) and were only let down in the end by Garrett's playcalling. I think everybody (even Jerry Jones) knew the Patriots would get at least a FG after the horrendous decision to go run-run-run then punt it away. With the Patriots still having their timeouts and plenty of time left, there had to be at least one pass play in there. If it fell incomplete then so be it, but they had to take a shot downfield when one more first down would have almost certainly won it.

Dallas seems to find a new way to lose every week and, although Romo's definitely been part of the reason for that, imo Garrett has to shoulder a fair bit of criticism as well.....
Old 17.10.2011, 06:15 PM
Banned

Be interesting to see how we play against the Rams next week. We played yesterday at the level the Patriots play at at were unfortunate to lose, again. But will we play at level next weekend? Unlikely. We seem to play to the level of our opponents quite alot, so it will be hard to call the Rams game. Won't be surprised if we lose again. Never ever dull with the Cowboys, hey.
Old 17.10.2011, 07:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mo Romo View Post
Never ever dull with the Cowboys, hey.
Thats why we love them!
Old 17.10.2011, 09:46 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Looks like you played well on both sides of the ball (especially Defensively) and were only let down in the end by Garrett's playcalling. I think everybody (even Jerry Jones) knew the Patriots would get at least a FG after the horrendous decision to go run-run-run then punt it away. With the Patriots still having their timeouts and plenty of time left, there had to be at least one pass play in there. If it fell incomplete then so be it, but they had to take a shot downfield when one more first down would have almost certainly won it.

Dallas seems to find a new way to lose every week and, although Romo's definitely been part of the reason for that, imo Garrett has to shoulder a fair bit of criticism as well.....
Totally agree with everything you've said there.

Daz
Old 17.10.2011, 11:54 PM
Pro

Default cowboys

I think the important thing for us on the drive before the pats scored their touchdown was for us to either score a field goal or at least use up a whole load of clock to put pressure on them. What we saw was 1st quarter play calling and we gave it right back adn hey presto, brady threw a TD pass. Then when we came back out it was like we'd already given up, (a couple of incomplete throws and a shake of the hands). I still think that Romo is overrated by far, i don't care what the stats say i've never been happy with him and he wouldn't be in my top 10 QB's. But as 'wayne ellis' says Garret's play calling of run,run,run punt was terrible. So for one week at least Romo can hide behind the coach. Lets see if he can throw away a lead next week. again.
Old 18.10.2011, 12:01 PM
Pro

After the Lions heartbreak and the bye it has to be said that the Patriots away was not the greatest game to come back to. We competed until the dying seconds though and there will be easier opponents than the Patriots as the season progresses.
Old 18.10.2011, 12:03 PM
Starter

I think garratts call to run the ball on that last play shows a lack of confidence in romos ability to throw the ball in the fourth quarter. he obviously has lost faith. now with felix jones out i hope we see phillip tanner in the game with murray.
Old 19.10.2011, 09:32 AM
Pro Bowler

I think the option to run was more down to the criticism of been overly aggressive in the Detroit game than a lack of faith in Romo. Garrett got his hot assistant status on the basis of the 07 season in which he had a lot of help running the offense. Be interesting to see if he will reunite that partnership when Sparano is fired in Miami.