Teebow - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Old 16.12.2011, 04:18 PM
Banned

Default Teebow

Guys...Do you think teebow is as good as what he is hyped up to be?
Or is he made to look good by the defence?

I like the guy i really do he shows guts. In the 49ers history my favourite was QB Steve young and he reminds me of a younger him.
My only concern is these QB's get banged up big time as in Vick and big Ben and are an offence co ordinaters nightmare let alone the coach.

i think he has to calm down a bit here and stay in the pocket more and then we will see for his own abilities but more for his injury limitations.

i think he has a bright future but one bad break early in his career he will be dust in the eyes of football
Old 16.12.2011, 04:21 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemask View Post
Vick and big Ben and are an offence co ordinaters nightmare let alone the coach.
I'd like to think he's a lot more durable than Mike Vick. In a year or two he could be as good as Big Ben.
Old 16.12.2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

I agree but if he makes it that far. Ben was not as mobile as he is now but then he has the years behind him. i think it's to early to tell. i love QB's like him they make great excitement for the game that's why he needs to calm it. i mean most of the time he never slides. if he gets a hit by one big hard hitting safety like our Willis because he does not slide well then he only needs a few of them.
What could be amusing is if our tim kaepernick gets a look in as if the sides play who needs RB's
Old 16.12.2011, 06:48 PM
Starter

Next year will be a big year. Bronco's will have to sign a QB this offseason - whether a free agent or through the draft.

Elway has already said he will spend almost all the offseason time with Tebow, 1 on 1, getting him to pass "correctly", so if he can pick it up, he's going to be Amazing.

The worst thing will be, if he doesn't show any improvement - this year, with the lockout, is a bit strange, teams that shouldn't be doing well are, and ones that should be arent' (but that is football!).

I don't think he's a gimmick, and can be one of the "elite" QB's in the league. You have to remember, although he is a 2nd year QB, he only played a couple of games last year - this is really his rookie year, and so far, he's on a par with the likes of Cam Newton, and better than Andy Dalton and the other rookie QB's...

But yeah, he does need to calm down a bit...and score some points early on...I'm going grey with the stress lol
Old 17.12.2011, 01:45 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix492 View Post
Elway has already said he will spend almost all the offseason time with Tebow, 1 on 1, getting him to pass "correctly", so if he can pick it up, he's going to be Amazing.
Earlier this season during a Green Bay game, the commentary team were showing video of Aaron Rodgers' throwing motion at Cal. It was pretty shoddy, low, and slow. But they said he spent an entire offseason working with his QB coach, and was quickly considered one of the best in the league. But apparently none of the talking heads think that Tim Tebow - one of the hardest workers in the entire league - can do the same?
Old 17.12.2011, 03:04 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statto00 View Post
Earlier this season during a Green Bay game, the commentary team were showing video of Aaron Rodgers' throwing motion at Cal. It was pretty shoddy, low, and slow. But they said he spent an entire offseason working with his QB coach, and was quickly considered one of the best in the league. But apparently none of the talking heads think that Tim Tebow - one of the hardest workers in the entire league - can do the same?
Yeah, it's a joke really. He does have alot "wrong" with his throwing, which has all been detailed, but he still manages to complete 50%+ of his throws (sometimes ). He makes long throws, short throws, and has started doing well on his third downs. What more do we want? He hasn't been a QB since college, and probably hasn't worked with a NLF QB coach properly prior to 8 weeks ago, other than just being part of the QB team. I think next season we'll see a massive improvement, as long as the front office don't trade up for a High QB Pick in the draft, in which case, that might send out the wrong message really
Old 20.12.2011, 09:00 PM
Starter

He looks to have improved a lot since I last saw him. He was probably one of the biggest victims of the lock-out, I wonder if Elway will give him the off season to prove his worth or whether he'll get a more "conventional" QB in the draft. I hope he's given a real shot, you can't help but like the guy - he's exciting to watch from a neutrals perspective.
Old 20.12.2011, 09:11 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersgrahame View Post
He looks to have improved a lot since I last saw him. He was probably one of the biggest victims of the lock-out, I wonder if Elway will give him the off season to prove his worth or whether he'll get a more "conventional" QB in the draft. I hope he's given a real shot, you can't help but like the guy - he's exciting to watch from a neutrals perspective.
He must be great to watch from a neutrals perspective, but for us Bronco Fans, it's Stress inducing stuff watching him play sometimes
After the draft, it will look pretty bad to someone who doesn't pay attention as Denver HAVE to draft a conventional QB. They only have Tebow under contract for next year, and there are no "Tebow-ish" QB's in the draft, only conventional ones.

What Denver will have to do is draft a 2nd/3rd round QB (if there are any left), and if Tebow goes down for whatever reason, will just have to switch to a conventional Offense...like...passing, until he's up and running again.

Next year, I expect Tebow to be alot different if Elway does become a personal QB Coach. His throwing has already improved a great deal, making decent throws that even some QB's in the league might have missed, but his reading is still pretty terrible. If you take away his number one reciever, he does struggle to find 2nd/3rd point. Hence our Recievers are going through stages of being number one - First Decker last month had a great run, now it's Thomas - Unlike other NFL teams, where they have multiple recievers who always have "good runs".

By the way, anyone see the pre-game coverage of the patriots game, where Tebow was throwing right handed? He seems even more settled than as a lefty...wierd
Old 09.01.2012, 12:08 PM
Starter

Tebow looked so much better last night, calm and composed and didnt panic at all. Really suprised no sacks against a good Steelers D still not sure what the Steelers secondary were doing. but anyway bring on Saturday and the Brady Bunch.
Old 09.01.2012, 12:17 PM
Pro Bowler

Congratulations Broncos fans - you were the better team last night & as for your guy......thought I was watching Steve Young! Hope he sticks it to those pesky Patriots & outplays pretty boy Brady!