Dallas Cowboys FA and Draft 2012 - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Old 16.03.2012, 04:51 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman_8 View Post
Do you guys still think Kirkpatrick is the pick?
At the moment the need is more on the OL unless we get Livings, so I could now see us taking DeCastro.

However, truth is swapping Newman out for Carr is an upgrade, but Jenkins has not been consistent enough to say we are are now done at CB. I think we'll take a CB in the first 3 rounds now, whereas I did think it was a nailed on 1st Round move.

We may now take DeCastro, and could then take Gilmore or Robinson in Round 2, as our CB pick.
Old 16.03.2012, 11:02 PM
Team Captain

Just saw an interesting Mock Draft on NFL.com.

Cowboys at 14 take: DE - Quentin Coples

Jerry Jones would be ecstatic if the board shook out this way with one of the top defensive ends falling out of the top 10. Coples is an ideal five-technique with the size and athleticism to wreak havoc on the interior. Although questions about his motor need to be addressed, Coples could be a star in Rob Ryan's 3-4.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-d...y-brooks/90107

The fact the Bills have signed Mario Williams should mean they don't draft a D-linemen which could push Coples down. Although I'm hoping for Melvin Ingram. lol

EDIT: Also not really liking the Kevin Ogletree deal. I mean there is a reason Robinson was brought in last year. Then we've got 3 young guys with potential in Harris, Holmes and Radway.

Last edited by N_E_V_; 16.03.2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05.04.2012, 01:36 PM
Team Captain

I think we've put ourselves in a position whereby we can draft the best player available. While I still favour getting Dre to play CB, because our secondary has held us back for a while, I wouldn't be upset to see Coples fall to us.

I also found the Ogletree deal a bit strange, as I can't see him getting much play time. As you say, we brought Robinson in because we weren't happy with what Ogletree was giving us.

For me though, I can see us targetting a mid-late round slot receiver like Jarius Wright or Marquis Maze in the draft. That role will get some decent playtime, while Ogletree then waits behind Bryant and Austin, waiting for an injury.

Harris will then compete with the rookie slot receiver, and that's a decent receiving core.

What about TE, do we draft one to replace Bennett, or pick one up from Free Agency?
Old 05.04.2012, 03:40 PM
MVP

Guys, do we know the reason why we let Laurent Robinson go? Did he want too much money?

Considering how well he did for us last year, im trying to work out why we didnt sign him?
Old 05.04.2012, 03:48 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Guys, do we know the reason why we let Laurent Robinson go? Did he want too much money?

Considering how well he did for us last year, im trying to work out why we didnt sign him?
I think the price got too much according to JJ. Even without the cap penalties it would of been difficult. I'm sure he's getting around 6m a year in Jax.
Old 05.04.2012, 10:30 PM
MVP

Oh right, shame really. He was so productive for us last year, would have loved to have kept him.
Old 11.04.2012, 10:04 AM
Pro Bowler

Would`ve been nice to be able to keep him, but he could just have been a one year wonder. Arguably he benefitted from having a decent QB throwing the ball, so I`ll be very surprised if he puts up similar numbers in Jax.
Old 18.04.2012, 06:19 PM
All Pro

Mark Barron seems to be getting very popular to the Cowboys on alot of boards.

I really hope we don't draft him that early. I'd much rather get a D Lineman 1st and then a Safety in the 2nd.

Trumaine Johnson is the guy i want in rd 2. Pure playmaking safety.
Old 20.04.2012, 11:54 AM
Team Captain

D-Line or Outside Linebacker for me. More pressure on the QB helps plug a lot of holes in the secondary.