Why the jets?? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 02.10.2012, 10:44 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv01jw View Post
I am completely new to the NFL and have only been watching this season (regular games, not the preseason ones). I have tried to keep an open mind about which team to support until I know a bit more about the game, but so far every time I watch the Jets I seem to just like them.

So, with no real understanding as to why, you have a new Jets fan here, even after watching their game against the 49ers last weekend.
No better time to start following them. Things can only get better. Win or lose I love this team and many many times it's been
hard to explain why.

Stick with it. When our day comes it will be sweeter than anyone else's!
Old 02.10.2012, 09:08 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Warrior View Post
No better time to start following them. Things can only get better. Win or lose I love this team and many many times it's been
hard to explain why.

Stick with it. When our day comes it will be sweeter than anyone else's!
First home team I saw live, so that's my rationale
Old 14.10.2012, 12:05 AM
Rookie

I was doing my second year at uni in Pennsylvania and stayed in Long Island for Christmas with a friend.

In Week 17, 2001, the Jets needed to beat the Oakland Raiders to get into the playoffs. My friend's Dad said to me, "Today, we are watching Football. I am going to teach you it. One thing though, you have two choices, support hr Jets or sleep in the snow!!"

That kind of makes your mind up for you really doesn't it.
Old 18.10.2012, 04:39 PM
Pro

Back in the dim distant past when all we had was an hour of week old highlights on channel 4, a few of us used to watch pre trip to the pub, eventually we started choosing teams, while most people were choosing the likes of the Bears, Dolphins or Raiders I chose the Jets can't explain why it just felt right, and it still does.
Old 18.10.2012, 05:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavindbuck View Post
I was doing my second year at uni in Pennsylvania and stayed in Long Island for Christmas with a friend.

In Week 17, 2001, the Jets needed to beat the Oakland Raiders to get into the playoffs. My friend's Dad said to me, "Today, we are watching Football. I am going to teach you it. One thing though, you have two choices, support hr Jets or sleep in the snow!!"

That kind of makes your mind up for you really doesn't it.
That made me laugh! Fantastic!
Old 21.10.2012, 10:54 AM
Team Captain

I blame masochism for my choice, but honestly it was because they were a compelling story in 2002 when I started to get interested in the game.
Old 24.10.2012, 07:39 PM
Banned

Monday Night Miracle .....say no more, JUMBO!!!
Old 20.12.2012, 10:19 AM
Starter

...and the Titans game just gone will be know as the Monday Night !*&$"%!!!!!!
Old 31.12.2012, 11:03 AM
Rookie

When I was a kid I decided I wanted a football jersey as I loved watching the game on ch4. Trouble was in the 80's there was no NFL merchandise in the UK, our local sports shop had one football jersey, so I had to have that one or nothing.

Turned out it was green with a white stripe and a big white number 99 on it. The shirt had no badges but it could only be one team to me. So for many years I ran around the garden chasing my brother (who was holding a rugby ball being Dan Marino) imagining I was Marc Gastineau. The rest is history as they say.
Old 10.01.2013, 12:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetster View Post
When I was a kid I decided I wanted a football jersey as I loved watching the game on ch4. Trouble was in the 80's there was no NFL merchandise in the UK, our local sports shop had one football jersey, so I had to have that one or nothing.

Turned out it was green with a white stripe and a big white number 99 on it. The shirt had no badges but it could only be one team to me. So for many years I ran around the garden chasing my brother (who was holding a rugby ball being Dan Marino) imagining I was Marc Gastineau. The rest is history as they say.
I had the same jersey...and expect a few of our fellow fans on here did too...the shop I got mine in had Raiders, Dolphins, 49ers, Bears and Jets. No sign whatsoever of a Pats variant...

The good old days!

If I recall it correctly it said Jets across the back and not Gastineau?