Going To Denver - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Old 06.06.2012, 01:05 PM
Pro

Default Going To Denver

So I've scored some tickets for our opener against the Steelers at home in September and I'm flying out to Denver for the game.

I'm there for 4 days before driving to Vegas and was just wondering if anybody has been before and if you have any recommendations on things to see and do in the city. Any ideas of the best bar etc to head to before the game and where might be the best place to watch Monday night football the night after.

Cheers!
Old 06.06.2012, 07:53 PM
Pro Bowler

Send a message via Yahoo to broncoblue Send a message via Skype™ to broncoblue

the red lion is good .There are two hotels in the same chain ,ive stayed in both. One is in walking distance and the other is a taxi ride away.If I remeber they both do a free airport shuttle as well. There is a supurb Mexican on the outskirts,I cant remeber for the life of me what its called( i have facebooked my cousin who lives there for its name) and shotgun willies is a must.
If you have any pics send them and I will post them on the overseasorangearmy website.
Old 07.06.2012, 08:15 AM
Pro

Thanks, oh I've heard a little bit about Shotgun Willies
Old 07.06.2012, 08:20 AM
Hall of Fame

http://www.rockbottom.com/denver-downtown

Went to Rock Bottom Brewery with the group who did the Thankless Tour with Sports Travel Tours least year. (Saw the Jets at Broncos game while we were there)

Some of the group had been before and recommended it...........the food was excellent, Waitresses were pleasing on the eye and their were big screens showing a couple of different live games of Football.

Highly recommended

Odd city.........looks like Wolverhampton on the outskirts......dank, decaying, soulless. Once you get to downtown area, its lovely, and cultured!!
Old 07.06.2012, 03:06 PM
Pro Bowler

there is another as well a bit rougher than shotguns but its a scary place.Cant say anymore or I would get banned off here hahaaha ...still waiting my cousin.Also look up the orangemane tailgaters and say broncoblue sent you.
Old 07.06.2012, 08:54 PM
Pro Bowler

http://local.yahoo.com/info-19612969-casa-bonita-denver
here we go .Its supurb and the shows are amazing .
Old 09.06.2012, 10:23 AM
Pro

Thanks guys! I'll check those out.
Old 10.06.2012, 10:36 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoblue View Post
http://local.yahoo.com/info-19612969-casa-bonita-denver
here we go .Its supurb and the shows are amazing .
I just read the reviews for that place...This is my favourite :

"My family and I went for the first time last night. And even after reading all the reviews about how horrible the food was, I tried to stay as positive as I could about it. Sorry to say the reviews are pretty dead on. Food was repulsive. The atmosphere was so commercial it was tacky at best. I just still can't get over how bad the food was! I thought for sure it couldn't be any worse than Taco Bell. But alas, Taco Bell would have been a huge step up from this place. The orange/brown liquid they tried to pass off as cheese sauce... I'm pretty sure was made of water, baking powder, and the color orange. I'm still feeling the effects nearly 24 hours later. If by some misfortune you get dragged to this place not of your own free will, buy the cheapest meal on the menu (You have to buy a full meal to even get in the joint) and throw it in the trash. Then get as drunk as possible. Because I'm pretty sure that everyone who gave this place a decent review was no more than 2 shots away from death. A good alternative to going to Casa Bonita? Buy a dozen enchilada tv dinners. Set them in the toilet and let soak for about 3 hours. Take them out and leave them in the sun for about 30 minutes or until luke warm and semi damp. Then throw them on a scolding hot plastic plate and serve in a poorly lit room that smells of an indoor playground with a copy of "Barney the Purple Dinosaur" playing on high in the background. You'll get the full experience for a few bucks less and you'll be in the comfort of your own home for when you start throwing up."

Last edited by phoenix492; 10.06.2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10.06.2012, 04:19 PM
Pro Bowler

Well Ive been twice and loved it on both occasions.
Old 17.06.2012, 10:23 AM
Pro

Odd city.........looks like Wolverhampton on the outskirts......dank, decaying, soulless. Once you get to downtown area, its lovely, and cultured!![/QUOTE]

hahahah its sounds like home all ready hahahahah iam there in oct wacthing the saints vs the broncos canit wait