Yes! He's going to be right!

#KeepTheFaith
Old 12.11.2012, 06:57 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
I cant be positive at all.

That is all.
C'mon Stocksy man.....keep it together.....that's the sort of chat that's going on in Chiefsville.

We've been in deeper holes before and stuck it out.

J-E-T-S......
Old 12.11.2012, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Positives? Our Defense was awesome for three Quarters before our total lack of Offense finally did for them. If they can play like that and get some sort of support from the Offense, wr're not going to concede many points.

Offensively? I've got nothing. We suck so badly it's ridiculous. Fingers can be pointed but it really doesn't matter who's to blame, the whole unit needs a major overhaul. We had two weeks to sort things out after the Miami debacle but nothing's changed. The promised commitment to 'Ground and Pound' has yet to materialise, we still give up on the run far too easily and I don't think anyone throws more than we do on third and short. Shonn Greene may not be the best back around (far from it) but he should be getting more than 15 carries and Powell and McKnight should be getting far more carries as well...
Old 12.11.2012, 10:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Positives? Our Defense was awesome for three Quarters before our total lack of Offense finally did for them. If they can play like that and get some sort of support from the Offense, wr're not going to concede many points.

Offensively? I've got nothing. We suck so badly it's ridiculous. Fingers can be pointed but it really doesn't matter who's to blame, the whole unit needs a major overhaul. We had two weeks to sort things out after the Miami debacle but nothing's changed. The promised commitment to 'Ground and Pound' has yet to materialise, we still give up on the run far too easily and I don't think anyone throws more than we do on third and short. Shonn Greene may not be the best back around (far from it) but he should be getting more than 15 carries and Powell and McKnight should be getting far more carries as well...
Well put W.E.

The defence held up as long as they could. Some time OFF the field would have helped them last a bit longer maybe but nothing was going to help that offence last night.

Sanchez said afterwards it rests with him (kind of). There was some comments that his head went down after the shocking pass decison - followed by RedZone INT. I'm not surprised. Apparently it was visible that Bart Scott told him to get his head back up and lead the team. Didn't see that myself.

I'm very disappointed with Hill. Seems like he couldn't catch a cold in Winter but maybe that's harsh on my part? Not sure what Keller was doing with his drops?

Powell is totally under used. Would love to see him get a fair crack at it.

If you always do what you've always done......etc etc so no change and we'll get nothing.

Mildly happy that Tebow got some fresh downs for us. He's probably never going to fix things but his demeanour and "can do" spirit is sorely needed amongst an offense that's lost near all its direction and identity.

And with all that said I still say we end up 2nd in AFCE. I've not had a drop to drink tonight either!
Old 12.11.2012, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Keller continues to be one of the most frustrating players I've seen in a Jets uniform. Virtually unplayable on his day but far too inconsistent. If he doesn't false start at the Seattle goal-line, I have no doubt we would have got the TD and gone up 14-7. May or may not have made a difference to the final outcome but it certainly would have put pressure on Seattle.

I've always been a Sanchez backer and still believe he can be successful in the right system but I don't see what we stand to lose by giving Tebow a shot. He's not exactly the greatest passer around but has a decent deep ball and would undoubtedly lift the team and fans. If we don't start him then we should just leave him on the sidelines. Rotating QBs is just counter-productive imo. I've lost count of the times Sanchez has got into a rhythm this season, been pulled for a play or two to get Tebow into the game, then come back in and struggled. Just pick one and stick with them.....
Old 13.11.2012, 08:31 PM
All Pro

Always find myself coming back to the CBS Playoff Picture as I like the format of it....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

And thought...ok, I'll have a look at Colts and Steelers remaining seasons....

Wish I hadn't.

Steelers, Big Ben or not, have Ravens x2 , Browns x2 ....and Bolts, Bungles and Boys.

Colts have Texans x2 , Pats x1 ....and Bills, Lions, Titans and Chiefs.

Any predictions?

Bungles look to have a fairly tough run, as do the Chargers (inc. us so make of that what you will).

Our Titans game could be pivotal as they face the Jags x2 but have Packers, Colts and Texans in there too so may well be bust I expect.

Oakland behind us. Saints and Broncos being their 2 tough games.

It's proper tight. And we are playing *something that rhymes with tight*

Will the Bills p on our chips as the Fish did last year in the last game? Can't hack that again.

We're sneaking in somehow.
Old 13.11.2012, 11:16 PM
Pro Bowler

We will do this! BELIEVE (and cross those fingers)!
Old 19.11.2012, 10:06 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scots Warrior View Post
So far so....eh....good.
Ok....I'm out by 1 game so far (Fins/Bills)...but apart from the Bungles win this weekend everything else looked to be in our favour. Still positive. Locker room spat is just overhyped media pish.

Roll on Thursday and lets see what we get.
Old 23.11.2012, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Hmm, I got nothing.... Anyone?