Going to the JetLife Stadium 2nd Dec 2012 - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 09.10.2012, 04:51 PM
Pro

I'll be lucky if the Jets have enough fit players to put on the field by the time December rolls around
Old 11.10.2012, 09:52 PM
Pro Bowler

Don't worry, it's can't be worse than my first game - the 34-0 loss to the 49ers! You think they could've at least put three points up on the board for me, considering I'm travelled 3,500 miles to watch them. Never mind !

I would advise getting the train from Penn Station to Meadowlands Sports Complex (includes change at Seacacus Junction). It's only like $10.50, so not too expensive! I just followed loads of other Jets fans, and it's really simple. Can't wait to go next time!

It's a great day out, and a great experience, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. Have a good one, mate .
Old 12.10.2012, 09:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeYankee View Post
Don't worry, it's can't be worse than my first game - the 34-0 loss to the 49ers! You think they could've at least put three points up on the board for me, considering I'm travelled 3,500 miles to watch them. Never mind !
thought of you that night as I watched it....brutal....glad you still managed to enjoy the experience though....just going to the stadium is a buzz eh?
Old 13.10.2012, 09:17 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeYankee View Post

I would advise getting the train from Penn Station to Meadowlands Sports Complex (includes change at Seacacus Junction). It's only like $10.50, so not too expensive! I just followed loads of other Jets fans, and it's really simple. Can't wait to go next time!

It's a great day out, and a great experience, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. Have a good one, mate .
Good to know its still enjoyable even when the game is that bad!

Did you partake in any tailgating?
Old 30.10.2012, 04:32 PM
Rookie

I've had a quick read through this, as I'm going to the Pats game on Thanksgiving.

I'll follow the advice and take the train

Can anyone advise if the area around the stadium is worth checking out, or is just a case of turning up to tailgate and then leaving straight from the end of the match?
Old 30.10.2012, 10:17 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBC View Post
I've had a quick read through this, as I'm going to the Pats game on Thanksgiving.

I'll follow the advice and take the train

Can anyone advise if the area around the stadium is worth checking out, or is just a case of turning up to tailgate and then leaving straight from the end of the match?
Nothing anywhere near the stadium really.

Train journey is a doddle and good banter both ways.....if they win (Jets that is.....youre not going to cheer that other lot are you? )

Get there for tailgating a good few hours in advance and soak it up.

Went to Tailgate Joes on Sunday there and had a great time. Mrs said it was the highlight of the Jets part of our trip and that she'd definately go again because of that part (that was before the strorm got us stuck here another week....she hates the Jets right now and anything to do wih them )

I hope you have a ball and that the Jets win. God they need some luck to come their way after the bye week.....hard, hard times otherwise.
Old 31.10.2012, 09:59 AM
Rookie

No worries there - I'm not a Jets fan, but I'll be supporting the home team.

I'm assuming Tailgate Joes will cost - is it worth it? Any idea if I can pay on the day? Are there other options around?

Thanks for the advice - I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 02.11.2012, 05:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBC View Post
No worries there - I'm not a Jets fan, but I'll be supporting the home team.

I'm assuming Tailgate Joes will cost - is it worth it? Any idea if I can pay on the day? Are there other options around?

Thanks for the advice - I'm really looking forward to it!
Got back home today (after 3 rather animated 1hr calls to United Airlines) and will fire up some pics from TGJ's later on. It's $35 to pay on the day and well, well worth it IMO.

I ate my weight in very tasty food. I drank about 8pts of Heineken which inside would have cost $9 a pop. And got chatting with a great mix of Jets fans and fans of other teams too.

Not aware of other options but have wandered round the car park on previous visits and got involved at other tailgates. If your doing this then take plenty beer with you......and don't drink it on the train! Seen a lad get the cops rifle waved in his face at Secaucus station for taking a slug out a can!
Old 05.11.2012, 08:41 PM
Pro

Get the photo's up!

Pretty sure I'll do TGJ. The food looks pretty awesome.
Old 05.11.2012, 09:22 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan67 View Post
Get the photo's up!

Pretty sure I'll do TGJ. The food looks pretty awesome.
Didn't get any photos of the food....

Seriously....get involved at TGJ....all the beer and banter you could wish for.