Taxi for Jon Fox - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Old 13.01.2013, 02:01 AM
All Pro

Exclamation Taxi for Jon Fox

I think Jon Fox should fall on his sword - how can you not trust Peyton Manning to make one throw for 7 yards on 3rd down in regulation to see out the game and then later compound that error of judgement by taking a knee and the lottery of a coin toss in Over Time rather than let a great QB with 31 secs still on the clock and 2 time outs in a tied game not try to get you in Field Goal range to win the game - coaching decisions threw that game away as much as Baltimore's D won it!

Last edited by bluelionman; 13.01.2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old 13.01.2013, 02:20 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelionman View Post
I think Jon Fox should fall on his sword - how can you not trust Peyton Manning to make one throw for 7 yards on 3rd down in regulation to see out the game and then later compound that error of judgement by taking a knee and the lottery of a coin toss in Over Time rather than let a great QB with 31 secs still on the clock and 2 time outs in a tied game not try to get you in Field Goal range to win the game - coaching decisions threw that game away as much as Baltimore's D won it!
While I agree on the point on playing on, fall on his sword? Really? In two years he's turned a 2-14 team into a No1 seed that's won 11 straight before tonight (making the playoffs last year with Tebow/Orton/Quinn). It would be crazy for him to go.
Old 13.01.2013, 03:29 AM
Pro Bowler

Bit of a knee jerk reaction. There are many reasons we lost tonight, play calling is one of them, but it was a shambles.
Old 13.01.2013, 03:31 AM
All Pro

Awesome, knee jerk reactions from non-Bronco fans.

What I saw tonight was very much what I saw from the Broncos in the 1996 season in the playoff game against Jacksonville. If we had canned Shanahan then that would have been dumb and unwarranted. We were so close and got there in the end by winning back to back Superbowls. In fact like the 96 debacle I am sure this will be a learning experience and a rocket up the backside.

I am sure not everyone agrees with Fox and that's fair enough. However I am sure if Manning went to him and said we are going to try and win it now Fox wouldn't have had much say in the matter.

By the logic of the OP we should cut Manning as he threw a needless pick, cut Moore for his blunder, fire Del Rio for not blitzing enough, force Champ to retire etc. Nope, I think we as Broncos fans will hurt for a little while after the loss and look forward to using this season as a building block. Put together the very few missing pieces we need to be elite and then aim for the SB next year.

And to the OP - I sincerely hope your Lions build on this year. There is no reason why a solid 8-8 isn't out of your sights.
Old 13.01.2013, 04:00 AM
MVP

No way should John Fox resign or be fired. That's crazy talk. Fox has done a fine job in Denver so far and I'm sure he'll be taking them into the post season again next year.
Old 13.01.2013, 09:40 AM
All Pro

Calls of Fox to go are crazy!

But I can't understand not letting Manning have a shot with 31 seconds and 2 timeouts left to get into FG range in the Mile High air.

Pats fan in peace!
Old 13.01.2013, 11:24 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABrit View Post
Awesome, knee jerk reactions from non-Bronco fans.

What I saw tonight was very much what I saw from the Broncos in the 1996 season in the playoff game against Jacksonville. If we had canned Shanahan then that would have been dumb and unwarranted. We were so close and got there in the end by winning back to back Superbowls. In fact like the 96 debacle I am sure this will be a learning experience and a rocket up the backside.

I am sure not everyone agrees with Fox and that's fair enough. However I am sure if Manning went to him and said we are going to try and win it now Fox wouldn't have had much say in the matter.

By the logic of the OP we should cut Manning as he threw a needless pick, cut Moore for his blunder, fire Del Rio for not blitzing enough, force Champ to retire etc. Nope, I think we as Broncos fans will hurt for a little while after the loss and look forward to using this season as a building block. Put together the very few missing pieces we need to be elite and then aim for the SB next year.

And to the OP - I sincerely hope your Lions build on this year. There is no reason why a solid 8-8 isn't out of your sights.
Well said.
Old 13.01.2013, 11:36 AM
Pro

I would have liked to see a try at the end for a field goal push, 30 seconds and two time outs can be enough to take a team the length of the field let alone into field goal range. But obviously Manning and the coaches thought better of it.
Old 13.01.2013, 11:50 AM
All Pro

Was a bit weird not to try and get into range for the FG at the end of regulation. But there is no way Fox should go!
Old 14.01.2013, 02:01 PM
All Pro

You should probably take that sword and use it on Jim Schwartz!

Fox has done a fine job in Denver and will continue to do so.

Anyway wanted to come into the Denver forum to thank the Broncos for what is easily the most entertaining game of football I've ever seen! Truly what the NFL is all about a great spectacle. I'm pretty confident you guys will win a Superbowl in the next 3 years!

Last edited by Galdo52; 14.01.2013 at 02:04 PM.