Visiting New York to see the Jets - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 29.08.2013, 11:59 AM
Rookie

it will be on your ticket and then look at the MetLife Stadium Plan, but if i remember rightly I think it is Green L7 part of the parking lot.

You turn left when you get off the train and keep walking to that area.
Old 30.08.2013, 07:56 AM
All Pro

Thanks, mate, much appreciated.
Old 09.10.2013, 08:44 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavindbuck View Post
I can heartily recommend Tailgate Joe's.

I was there for the San Diego game last year (deflating experience that was after the Tennessee debacle) and the food is good. It was $40 then but it was the Xmas one, so I think they did something special.

The beer is typical Bud Light, Coors Light stuff. Not great in my opinion (I am a self-confessed beer snob), but it was ok.

The banter was great though. Talked to 2-3 guys from Long Island for a couple of hours.

I will be going back when me and my mate go see Jets Pats in October (more funnily, he is a Pats fan!!)

To get to the stadium, take the Meadowlands train, which you get from either Penn Station or Hoboken and change at Secaucus Junction (or at least the Hoboken one did). Costs about $20 (12 from Hoboken). Another great source of banter.

Have fun. I will watch on Gamepass and decry the Revis pick 6 Sanchez will inevitably throw.

Gavin.
Me and a friend will be at that game, would a Pats fan be welcome at Tailgate Joes as we are looking for somewhere to tailgate for that one.
Old 11.10.2013, 10:21 PM
Rookie

I will be there and my mate who I am bringing is a Pats fan, so I am hoping

If you look at a Bucs game video on Tailgate Joe's, there are quite a few Bucs fans in attendance, so as long as you are willing to put with banter, I think it should be fine.
Old 17.10.2013, 10:57 AM
All Pro

I'm getting a flight midday tomorrow for Patriots @ Jets.

As Sunday is an early kickoff anyone got any advice on where to watch the later games?. Or anywhere decent to eat?. Are there any lively pubs (stupid question) that stay open like our pubs and clubs in the uk?.

Also, I'm hoping to watch Cardiffs game at Chelsea on Saturday. It will be on at 10am because of the time difference. Last time I was out there I had Premier League football on my hotel TV but I think this might be harder to find!. Chelsea are huge though. Not sure how many Americans are interested in a team from South Wales :-/.
Old 18.10.2013, 12:36 PM
Rookie

Just general info for anyone looking to go to a game for the first time (i realise there are folks on here that have been and already have their preferred methods of travel as well as places to eat and drink)

I have been over to watch the Jets four times now and on each occasion i have taken the dedicated bus service from port authority station (manhattan) to right outside the stadium. I think it is only around $10 return. I have usually went to the station a day or two before to book tickets but really no need as you can pay as you board i think.
http://www.coachusa.com/info/coachusa/ss.351express.asp

There are tons of places in Manahttan to watch later games and also Scottish / English football. Legends Bar on 33rd streed between 5th and broadway is decent.

If on a budget try out 123 burger shot beer bar on 10th avenue between 50th and 51st street. i have watched a few jets road games in there. there has always been a jets crowd and the food /beer is pretty cheap for NY Manhattan standards. Also a free shot with every TD scored!

Reading the posts above, we are deffo going to try out tailgate joes for the Miami game in December. Let's hope we are playoff hunting by that time!
Old 24.04.2014, 09:13 AM
Rookie

Question Going to see the Jets

After a bit of info if poss from some of you, we are Bears fans looking to go to game 3 this year at MetLife. We have been to see the Bears at home and in San Francisco & Washington and have had advice from this forum on all venues.
So where best place to get seats in stadium
Best way to get to stadium as this is a night game
Best places to go before game for a drink
Best areas for hotels to stop in to see other things
Old 24.04.2014, 11:00 AM
Starter

So where best place to get seats in stadium : good views from all seats, I sat lower tier, which was amazing

Best way to get to stadium as this is a night game: train or bus, but expect BIG wait after, so perhaps get a taxi between you

Best places to go before game for a drink: no nearby bars, Tailgate Joe does a great pre game party (see his website)

Best areas for hotels to stop in to see other things: Manhattan (midtown), or I have stayed in Jersey by Penn Station as a cheaper option.

I could well go to this game, and Washington @ Philadelphia the day before, so may meet you for a beer!
Old 06.06.2014, 02:02 PM
Rookie

I have just booked flights and everything, plus got my tickets off stub hub for the SD & DEnver games this year.

Cannot wait. Anyone else planning on making the schlep over?
Old 09.06.2014, 08:13 AM
Team Captain

Send a message via MSN to Kingsley2003 Send a message via Skype™ to Kingsley2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavindbuck View Post
I have just booked flights and everything, plus got my tickets off stub hub for the SD & DEnver games this year.

Cannot wait. Anyone else planning on making the schlep over?
I really really REALLY would love to, but I just cant afford it at the moment.

Hopefully in the next 5 years I'll be working / living in NY / Phoenix / Florida so will be able to go see a fair few games.