Visiting New York to see the Jets - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Old 04.08.2014, 07:54 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage17 View Post
Going to my first NFL game at Wembley in November and my second will be watching the Jets host the Pats in December. Read this thread from start to finish and picked up some really good info.

We're staying in Times Square, is it easier to get the bus to the stadium from Port Authority or the train (from Penn?)?
Either - both the Port Authority Bus Terminal (8th Ave/41st St) and Penn Station (7th Ave/33rd St) are in easy walking distance of Times Square.

Train may give you a slightly quicker getaway after the game.
If you get the bus, sit on the right hand side - you'll get a great view of the NYC skyline from the Lincoln Tunnel exit ramp on the way out to the stadium.

Last edited by BigTone; 04.08.2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04.08.2014, 10:14 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone View Post
Either - both the Port Authority Bus Terminal (8th Ave/41st St) and Penn Station (7th Ave/33rd St) are in easy walking distance of Times Square.

Train may give you a slightly quicker getaway after the game.
If you get the bus, sit on the right hand side - you'll get a great view of the NYC skyline from the Lincoln Tunnel exit ramp on the way out to the stadium.
Thanks for the reply
Old 22.09.2014, 03:50 PM
Pro

Talking

To all the people going to Metlife stadium for a J E T S game who haven't been before - It's awesome! The atmosphere at any NFL game in the USA is about twenty times better than at Wembley and you simply cannot put the Wembley games in the same class. The tailgating is fantastic and when you walk out of the concourse and view the stadium you will probably be speechless. It is massive. And the fans tend to be fine with away fans as well in my experience. I think Metlife is the best stadium in the NFL, certainly the best I've ever been to.

ENJOY!
Old 26.09.2014, 05:09 PM
Starter

Just returned from our trip to New York where we got to attend the Giants v Cardinals and Jets v Bears games. I have to agree with the post above that the atmosphere is miles better than any of the 8 Wembley games I've been to so far.....not one hint of a Mexican wave ..thank God!!

Out of the two games in NY, the Jets game had by far the better atmosphere with their fans really getting behind their team despite some bad errors and the large amount of Bears fans in the crowd certainly created some tasty banter round by where we sat.....a fantastic experience all round.

We got the New Jersey transit train from Penn Station to the Metlife on both occasions...cost $10.50 return. Pretty good service, obviously a bit of queuing on leaving the stadium but nothing too much.

Also prior to the Jets game, the cheerleaders and team walk through the crowd to enter the front of the Metlife, get there early and grab a spot by the roped off area to get a close up view.