The Dawg Pound! - Page 453 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Cleveland Browns

Old 30.04.2017, 09:01 AM
Pro

I agree. The front office didn't panic, and as you said, they clearly put a ceiling on what they were prepared to give up for each QB. Let's not forget that some mock drafts late last year had Garrett, Peppers and Kizer going 1, 2, 3!

Overall, I completely agree with you on our business. This may be the most optimistic I've ever felt as a Browns fan.

A bit of research I've found from around the web:

Njoku - looks like a complete stud at TE. The more research I do on the guy, the more excited I am about him

Kizer - studying the playbook already. Complete opposite of Manziel.

Peppers - will be a leader on the team. Fans love him already.

Brantley - if innocent then we've got a steal. He was projected to go late in the first round.

Gonzalez - STEAL. Holds the record for the most field goals in NCAA history. Once made a field goal from 71 yards and has 7/9 from 50+ yards. The best kicker in the draft and was projected for the 4th round. He fell into our lap because of what happened with the Bucs and Aguyo last year.

Next year - we have twelve picks!

The Philadelphia trade - Because of our Moneyballin', here's what we got for the Philly trade.

Wide receiver Corey Coleman (15th overall pick, 2016).

Offensive tackle Shon Coleman (76th, 2016).

Quarterback Cody Kessler (93rd, 2016).

Wide receiver Ricardo Louis (114th, 2016).

Safety Derrick Kindred (129th, 2016).

Wide receiver Jordan Payton (154th, 2016).

Offensive guard Spencer Drango (168th, 2016).

Safety Jabrill Peppers (25th, 2017).

Quarterback DeShone Kizer (52nd, 2017).

Houston's first-round pick in 2018.

Philadelphia’s second-round pick in 2018.
Old 30.04.2017, 09:10 PM
All Pro

Good info, thanks.

71yard FG attempt; now that would be a gutsy call
I had a further thought on the trade-down scenario and to your and Zagura's point on the additional assets we have gained from the Wentz deal; with 1 player you not only have to hope that you've hit on an elite NFL talent, you also have to hope he stays healthy eg as in Bridgwater or Courtney Brown. With multiple assets, not only are you increasing your chances of getting talent(we're not talking trading a top 10 pick for 8 7th rounders), you are also spreading your risks.
Yes, in hindsight we could argue that we might have had Garrett and Hooker (2 projected studs) as well as a reasonable shot at a QB. This is not fair to Sashi though as by trading down he was hoping that by sacrificing picking Hooker or Howard, we would get Peppers or similar plus a next year first. This would increase our chance of getting a better shot at a QB either by trade, straight drafting or trading up in future.
And, I will say again, I applaud that we didn't just plump for desperation QB pick, instead taking the value pick in round 2.
Old 04.05.2017, 06:29 PM
Pro

Looking forward to the game at twickenham....will be supporting the Browns, the underdogs, ostweiler who gets loads of stick....
Old 03.08.2017, 05:52 AM
All Pro

Default Season approaching

The excitement is ratcheting up with the season approaching and the Twickenham game will be on us before we know it.

I noticed that Nathan Zagura was tweeting a welcome to Bernie as he was joining a Browns program. I thought it was starting during training camp and that it was going to be available to watch from the Browns website. Did anyone pick up when it was starting?

It sounds from CBD that training camp is going well. Although they will usually try to put a positive spin on things, I remember 2 or so years ago them slating the amount of time off players were getting and subsequently the lack of aggression in scrimmages against the Bills. Watching Hue in his press conference yesterday, he really seemed excited and I like that the Browns have looked at using analytics to try and minimise soft tissue injuries.
Go Browns
Old 23.08.2017, 12:40 PM
All Pro

Default QB decision coming today

It is beginning to sound like Kizer will get the nod. If so, it'll be anything but boring.
We'll find out soon
Old 23.08.2017, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce70 View Post
It is beginning to sound like Kizer will get the nod. If so, it'll be anything but boring.
We'll find out soon
As a ND fan, I'd advise the Browns against it. Still, with my track record, he will probably go on to be an All Pro...
Old 23.08.2017, 05:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
As a ND fan, I'd advise the Browns against it. Still, with my track record, he will probably go on to be an All Pro...
Make that one ticket for the plunge pool!
Old 07.09.2017, 07:22 PM
All Pro

Default 24 hours in Berea!

What a difference 24 hours makes in Berea!

Myles Garrett out with injury an unspecified time and now a punch up!
I like rollercoaster rides. I was ok with drop off in DLine but feel our secondary will struggle against the Steelers receivers. Nice one, Pryor
Old 14.09.2017, 04:29 AM
All Pro

I used to respect Mike Tomlin as a coach. However, I found his latest comments about his position on player safety a joke.

They are consistent with his sideline antics when he was most upset that Gay was called for a head to head contact penalty on Louis. Apparently, our Mike holds player safety paramount
I suspect there will have been a sombre mood in the old Steeler dressing room as he gave his team a real good dressing down for the number of cheap shots they put in. Perhaps he didn't have time after delivering his severe 'talking to' to his players, to get to the Zebras' dressing room to express his real disappointment in the late flag on that penalty and the no flag on Ben. If he had, he could have kept this criticism in house as well, instead of speaking out in the media.

While, I agree that it is not desirable that penalties should be called from replays, I was confused that the penalty wasn't flagged sooner as it took place right in front of the official (and I don't think Mikey had too bad a view either! Surprised he didn't tell the official to throw his flag, given his concern for player safety).

Still the most amusing part of his comments was him highlighting himself as Mr Respectable, on the Competition Committee. We all remember how much you rely on the big screen to watch kick returns, Mike
Old 01.10.2017, 07:45 PM
All Pro

We soooo need to do something with the wide receiver room.

Even a rusty Gordon would be an improvement on this display.
CBD discussed whether there was even a remote possibility to try to get Odell Beckham Jr