2016 Season - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 28.10.2016, 03:09 PM
Pro

Romo back practicising but listed as limited. Dak is starting against the Eagles, I think it's great that we have two quality QBs. Mad to even consider a trade for Romo as if Dak gets injured we are back to square one
Sponsored Links
Old 29.10.2016, 08:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Bye week in the books, back to business!

Cowboys/Eagles, always a game to look forward to but never easy. Brandon Graham up against Doug Free should make for interesting viewing, hopefully the Cowboys can run at Graham early and often to slow his pass rush down a little as the game wears on. No Bennie Logan at DT for the Eagles, out with a groin injury, so that should help.
Old 31.10.2016, 09:41 PM
Hall of Fame

It took OT to win, but it's a win nonetheless, a divisional win at that. Dak had his wobbles coming off the bye, but Zeke ground out 96 more yards on the ground, Dez returned with somewhat of a bang, 114 yards and a TD, and the D came away with a fumble recovery and 3 sacks. Some good play calls and some bad play calls, some good decisions and some bad decisions, some good defensive plays, some dumb penalties. It was an up and down game but the Cowboys (and Dak) came good in the end.

Sean Lee, making plays as always. Having a healthy Lee is a difference maker for this D. Seeing him read the game and make tackles for a loss is a joy to watch.

A couple of injuries put a downer on things for the D though. Church possibly fractured his arm and the ever improving Mo Claibourne could have a sports hernia. Losing Mo would be worrying, Church too, but we're thin at CB and we don't want to be moving Byron Jones back to CB to fill the gap.

On the road in Cleveland next, the Browns might be 0-8 but they've lost 4 of those games by 6 points or less. It won't be the cake walk that the standings suggest.
Old 01.11.2016, 04:44 PM
Team Captain

Being reported we might be interested in Cameron Wake from the Dolphins. Has 3 sacks so far this season. Wonder what we would have to give up, a couple of draft picks maybe?
Old 01.11.2016, 05:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan1971 View Post
Being reported we might be interested in Cameron Wake from the Dolphins. Has 3 sacks so far this season. Wonder what we would have to give up, a couple of draft picks maybe?
He's 34. If they give up anything of value then it's odd. Yes, he'll improve the pass rush but this isn't the Cameron Wake of a few years back.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Cowboys try do something though, I think Jerry will be starting to dream.................
Old 01.11.2016, 10:01 PM
Hall of Fame

No trades it would seem, and given the Cowboys available cap space it's no real surprise.

Mo Claibourne and Barry Church look like they'll miss up to 6 weeks with a groin injury for Mo and a broken forearm for Church. A big test for JJ Wilcox and Anthony Brown now. Wilcox seems to have up his game in the tackling department of late thankfully, and Brown has shown some promise in the slot. it'll be interesting to see if they kick Scandrick outside or play Brown there in Mo's absence. Either way getting pressure on the QB just became even more important.
Old 07.11.2016, 08:40 PM
Hall of Fame

The Browns game didn't turn out to be all that tough after all. As others have said it wasn't exactly much of a contest to be honest.

The offence continued to roll, with Witten the star this week with over 100 yards receiving and a TD. Great to see him stack up some yards, even at his age he's still moving the chains but it's rare to see him dominate the stats sheet as he did against the Browns.

4 sacks for the D. Always helps when the oppositions starting center gets ejected early on. Speaking of which, handbags all round really but stupid behaviour from David Irving to be fair. Maliek Collins turned up a big way with a couple of sacks. If he can continue to be disruptive the centre of the Cowboys line could really become a strength.

Steelers up next. After their lacklustre performance against the Ravens you'd be expecting some sort of response. Despite the loss they bottled up Terrance West quite well. As usual, not many teams running games compare to the Cowboys, but it should be a stern test for our line facing Timmons & Co in the Steelers front 7.

Roethlisberger, Bell and Brown, on their day are possible the best trio in the league. This game could well be season defining game, at the start of the year you'd have probably said the toughest games the Cowboys would face would be on the road at Green Bay and Pittsburgh. They dealt with business at Lambeau, can they do the same at Heinz Field?

Last edited by RichardCunliffe; 07.11.2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10.11.2016, 09:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelts_Cowboys View Post
Romo back practicising but listed as limited. Dak is starting against the Eagles, I think it's great that we have two quality QBs. Mad to even consider a trade for Romo as if Dak gets injured we are back to square one
Thats the thing-Jones aint gonna have a 25 mill QB on the bench, Romo has to start when healthy, hes not going to be a back up
Old 11.11.2016, 01:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar1963 View Post
Thats the thing-Jones aint gonna have a 25 mill QB on the bench, Romo has to start when healthy, hes not going to be a back up
I don't think Romo will be '100%' until he starts i.e. the owner/HC won't say he's 100% and not start him. IF Dak has a wobble/loss then Romo will suddenly be '100%' and ready to start.

Interestingly the Cowboys have a short week between the Ravens (20th Nov) and the Redskins (24th Nov), maybe that turns out to be the ideal time to make the switch if they want to, just let Romo spend the next couple of weeks preparing for the Redskins.
Old 16.11.2016, 08:31 AM
Pro

Emotional Press conference from Romo,the passing of the torch it seems. Can't help but feel for the guy but thought he handled it well as he said he has been in a dark place this season but also that he has been 'that guy' to come in and take over.

The one thing I did pick up and maybe I am reading to much into it was that he said " I think Dak knows I have his back and I think he knows I have his" .
If they only think they have each other's back does this mean thats it not all good between them, Romo seems like a team guy and Dak seems mature so maybe I am wrong.