........Dallas Cowboys thread - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 30.01.2005, 08:25 PM
Rookie

Default Re:........Dallas Cowboys thread

It doesn't matter if Henson is ready or not, If Vinny is still in Dallas next year he will start, He is BP's Boy. I dont agree with it but Henson will not beat him out in Training camp. Look at how Vinny started the year. If he does start then i hope Henson finishes.
As for Clayton, all reports are he has performed well at the Senior bowl this week and his stock has soared to be a 1st rounder. We need a deep threat. I think the WR's we have have a bright future but they dont scare anyone. We need speed!
I agree we do have good young RB's but we could still do with an experienced senior Tailback that can do some damage with 10-15 carries a game.
Sponsored Links
Old 30.01.2005, 08:30 PM
Starter

Cliffs back! ;D

Back to your thread.....
Old 30.01.2005, 08:35 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Howe link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=0#msg164731 date=1107116729]
It doesn't matter if Henson is ready or not, If Vinny is still in Dallas next year he will start, He is BP's Boy. I dont agree with it but Henson will not beat him out in Training camp. Look at how Vinny started the year. If he does start then i hope Henson finishes.

[/quote]

We need a FA QB, Vinny can back him up. There's something about the Henson situation that seems to me like he's not got it. Why would you give up on a QB so early if you didn't have good reason?

Quote:
As for Clayton, all reports are he has performed well at the Senior bowl this week and his stock has soared to be a 1st rounder. We need a deep threat. I think the WR's we have have a bright future but they dont scare anyone. We need speed!
Last year, all we had was speed with Glenn, Galloway and AB. Although Glenn will be 30, he can still run. And Keyshawn is better than Galloway because he can block and go over the middle. Morgan can go deep as well (I'm glad we got rid of that a$$ Bryant). Patrick Crayton and Terence Copper are coming along great, but I think Randall Williams should be gone

Quote:
I agree we do have good young RB's but we could still do with an experienced senior Tailback that can do some damage with 10-15 carries a game.
I think Bikerstaff could do that. He was unlucky last year with tearing his ACL. There's more important things to address in FA (FS/CB/RT/RG 1tech DT). And ReShard is ma boy! Ask jerry
Old 31.01.2005, 10:07 AM
Rookie

I still dont agree on a FA qb, I do agree that there is some question marks about Henson. But until you play him we will never find out about his talent. Besides what FA qb's out there would you break the bank for?
I dont think BP is too happy to blood a young QB, he wants to win, that is his best quality. That is why we did not see more of Henson last year. We need to find out fast and move on if he has nothing to show. This Dallas QB merry-go-round must end soon, we must find a qb to lead us forward.
As you listed we do have alot of other needs, we are at least 8 players away from post season play.
Old 31.01.2005, 01:44 PM

Nah, I agree with Ghod. There is something that says they aren;t going to go with Henson. He was a risk but for a sixth round pick possibly one worth having but I don't think he cuts it or is likely to anytime soon.

I agree he would really need a go but I don;t see him in practice, Parcells does and if he wont play him then there must be something he sees that convinces him otherwise.

So, come on guys... who should we go for in FA to dislodge Vinnie? (even though we probably will still go with VT)
Old 31.01.2005, 01:46 PM
All Pro

IMO the FA QB route has been more or less knocked on the head now. Jerry has said their not going that route in recent interviews (okay, he has lied plenty of times before, but still...) plus I seriously doubt they would bring back Vinny for a second year just to back-up a vet QB. Nope, I think we will findout once and for all what the QB situation is next season - Henson, Romo or neither!

As for the other points - defence, defence, defence in the draft; thats what I say. Dont even look at O until the 3rd round (assuming we get hold of a round 3 pick ). A WR would be nice yes, but its a luxury compared to other (numerous) pressing needs.
Old 31.01.2005, 01:48 PM
All Pro

[quote author=DarloPaul link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=0#msg165051 date=1107179074]
Nah, I agree with Ghod. There is something that says they aren;t going to go with Henson. He was a risk but for a sixth round pick possibly one worth having but I don't think he cuts it or is likely to anytime soon.

I agree he would really need a go but I don;t see him in practice, Parcells does and if he wont play him then there must be something he sees that convinces him otherwise.

So, come on guys... who should we go for in FA to dislodge Vinnie? (even though we probably will still go with VT)
[/quote]

It was a 3rd rounder we gave them I think. I wouldn't mind Drew Bledsoe. He might be out for JP Losman and he's a youngster compared to the dinosaur we have under centre. He'll also be able to play until/if Henson is ever ready to play. And he does well behind that awful Bills O line.
Old 31.01.2005, 01:54 PM
All Pro

Drafted by the Texans in the 6th coz everyone knew he would go the baseball route, but we gave a 3rd for him. He would have been near the top QB pick in that years draft by all accounts (I have no idea personaly - I know nowt about college football!).

Bledsoe? No I dont like that move at all. Yes hes younger than Vinny, but who isnt?! Hardly a reason to sign him I think.

I actualy think Parcells likes Henson; numerous times hes said 'hes just not ready', which suggests BP can see a time when he IS ready. This season, we do what many thought last year should have been about; finding out once and for all if one of the two young guys can do it. If not, the 2006 #1 pick is for a QB - no more ******* around with bargain deals.
Old 31.01.2005, 02:16 PM
All Pro

[quote author=Crackity-Jones link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=15#msg165060 date=1107179680]
Bledsoe? No I dont like that move at all. Yes hes younger than Vinny, but who isnt?! Hardly a reason to sign him I think.
[/quote]

BP also drafted him - he's a Parcells guy. I'd like to get him. And I'm not suggesting him because the fact he's about 9 years younger, lol. He could be a QB in need of a job and I think we should take him. I don't think Brees or Hasselbeck will be in FA this year so I think Bledsoe is more likely
Old 31.01.2005, 04:42 PM
All Pro

[quote author=DarloPaul link=board=1;threadid=7996;start=0#msg164614 date=1107110177]
Hey Cliff, you've finally done something worthy!

Julius is a definite prospect for us. Just gotta hope he can stay injury-free if he is expected to carry 30 times a game. That said I don't think he will be.
[/quote]

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D(thumbs up if I had one)

and we do need a new QB because Vinny is alright but henson/ Romo are preety bad and vinny is VERY old for a QB, he's probably only got 1/2 more years in him.