Goodies for someone! - Page 8 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 16.11.2013, 08:42 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Da Bear View Post
Oops sorry guys I forgot that I'm doing a weekend of top golf for childeren in need so will post the winner of the composition up on Sunday before the end of the second game on sky sports. Sorry for the little screw up on my behalf.
You twist and turn like a twisty, turny thing!
Old 17.11.2013, 02:04 PM
All Pro

Default And The Winner Is

Drum Roll Please the win is jags_mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags_mad View Post
I do agree, a great selection of goodies there Miss Bear. Gonna be one lucky Jags fan somewhere soon!

Well I first started following the Jaguars around 1999-2000. I used to round to my grand parents house to see them and read the paper (they only lived next door at the time so wasn't exactly far out of my way). I used to read it front to back and even look at the scores from games/sports I had no knowledge of. I came across the NFL results and I think it was a game against the Steelers but Jacksonville were the team that I noticed and remembered. I don't even remember if it was a game we won? I hadn't heard much of the NFL until then apart from an old computer game a friends brother had when I was little.
A few years passed and when in the Army I bought a PS2. I bought Madden '02 with it and while scanning the teams to play as, I came across the Jaguars and remembered them from the paper. I played as them and my friend played as the Giants (I think). From here, I learned players names and positions. Learned the game effectively. My favourite players were Fred Taylor, Donovin Darius and Jimmy Smith. If I had to choose one though it would have been Donovin Darius because he was a no-nonsense SS who just seemed to destroy anyone he came into contact with (on the game at least!). I bought a white Taylor jersey from the U.S but not knowing the size differences, I bought a Large! At the time I was only about 5'7'' and about 10st. I've grown since (to the gigantic 5'8'' and 11 1/2st) but it still does not fit.
Being based in Germany, I had no access to sky TV to follow the league and limited internet. Only once I left the Army did I really get into the whole following of the sport and although the Jaguars received little media coverage I had been hooked and never really cared for any other team. I have since, bought an old teal Tyson Alualu jersey and a new Nike Cecil Shorts III jersey in black but I really want a teal one. Gonna get a teal Cyprien one next year!
I went to the I.S game this year but it is the first one I have been to. I have not had the finances to go to the games the other years. Not having any affiliation to any of the teams playing at previous series, I have always found it hard to justify spending so much money to the wife when we have 3 kids. Once the Jags were announced as the team playing tho, she had no way of stopping me if she wanted to. Thankfully she was well chuffed I was able to go and is even looking forward to me going next year
I have not yet had the opportunity to visit the U.S but I am going to New York next month for my (belated) 30th and visiting Orlando, Florida for a wedding next September. I will be travelling up to Jacksonville for a game while there and I can not wait!!

Thanks for reading
Please PM your address
Old 17.11.2013, 06:37 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Da Bear View Post
Drum Roll Please the win is jags_mad

Oh yeah, thanks very much Claire. Over the moon and can't quite believe it!

I would like to thank all my family and friends for their unconditional support and especially my parents for allowing me to go round to my nanas the day I read about the Jaguars. Without them, I would not be here to claim this fantastic prize! I seriously didn't think I would win so did not plan a speech but thank you, everyone
Old 17.11.2013, 09:32 PM
All Pro

Thanks to Claire for running the competition and well done jags_mad
Old 18.11.2013, 03:12 PM
All Pro

Congrats Jags_mad, hope you enjoy your goodies and well done to claire da bear, very generous and nice to hear people's stories of how they chose the Jags.
Old 29.11.2013, 09:47 PM
Pro Bowler

Came home from work to find a parcel delivered today. Christmas came early for me

Courtesy of Claire Da Bear.

Thanks