Clowney 7 29.17%
Bortles 3 12.50%
Barr 0 0%
Watkins 1 4.17%
Someone else 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28.04.2014, 03:56 PM
MVP

So far everyone is not going with a QB then. Interesting as we were all for "Tanking for Teddy" or praying for "Johnny Football" at the end of last year.

Have we just got more interested in the Draft this year more than other years and read more about the available players? I know I have.

Hell I'm just excited by seeing the new big screens being built and I'll never get to see them. Perhaps I need to get out more?
Old 29.04.2014, 07:13 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
So far everyone is not going with a QB then. Interesting as we were all for "Tanking for Teddy" or praying for "Johnny Football" at the end of last year.

Have we just got more interested in the Draft this year more than other years and read more about the available players? I know I have.

Hell I'm just excited by seeing the new big screens being built and I'll never get to see them. Perhaps I need to get out more?
Sorry, I was just commenting on your top 3 on your draft board. I still want Teddy but get the feeling that unless we trade down or up with our second pick, we won't get him. Can't believe a guy can fall so far in people's opinions in such a short space of time!
Old 29.04.2014, 07:51 AM
MVP

Quote:

I still do want a QB to be honest. History would suggest that at least 50% of the 1st round QBs will succeed and (at least one) would be come a regular fixture in the top QBs. You gotta be in it to win it and all that. My absolute worst outcome is that we pick an average player (again) and the next top 10 QB falls through our fingers.

Biggest problem is making the QB pick at 3. By our second round pick the QB will be a "project" (if we are lucky) but we'll just try to throw him in too early...
Old 01.05.2014, 12:10 AM
Starter

Two months on from saying Manziel I'm now torn between the trade back or Watkins. Think QB will come with the second pick, but expect us too have to move up for whoever that may be.
Old 01.05.2014, 07:44 AM
MVP

The more I read on the Draft the more I see "no stand out 'can't miss' QB" but lots of "very good" QBs all whom seem to have perceived weaknesses in some areas.

As we are clearly more than just a star QB away from making a Play Off run I'd be happy with either Clowney, Mack or Watkins. Either way I'm looking at booking off the 9 May to stay up and watch the whole Draft just in case we trade back into the First Round. How sad am I!? [Actually no don't answer that.]
Old 01.05.2014, 11:33 AM
Starter

Quote:
The more I read on the Draft the more I see "no stand out 'can't miss' QB" but lots of "very good" QBs all whom seem to have perceived weaknesses in some areas.

As we are clearly more than just a star QB away from making a Play Off run I'd be happy with either Clowney, Mack or Watkins. Either way I'm looking at booking off the 9 May to stay up and watch the whole Draft just in case we trade back into the First Round. How sad am I!? [Actually no don't answer that.]
Booked first round off last year, but couldn't get my night shifts off for the 8th or 9th off this year. Will have to avoid the other NFL fans at work all night to watch when I get home
Old 01.05.2014, 12:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkmcd View Post
Booked first round off last year, but couldn't get my night shifts off for the 8th or 9th off this year. Will have to avoid the other NFL fans at work all night to watch when I get home
Lot of sickness about this time of year. And stomach bugs. Back problems too.

Just saying...
Old 12.05.2014, 12:46 PM
MVP

So then how did we do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronSamedi1980 View Post
Well I wouldn't take a QB with the 3rd overall pick I would go for Clowney as he can start pretty much from game one or trade down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone1234 View Post
Clowney or Barr, because i reckon the team have spotted a decent prospect of a QB in the later rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
I put Bridgewater, then it'll be Clowney...
Quote:
Trade Back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock101 View Post
I went Clowney because I'm guessing Manziel and Bridgewater will be off the board
Quote:
Originally Posted by jags_mad View Post
I went for Bridgewater as I think he has the potential to develop into the best QB our franchise has ever had!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz View Post
Made my inexperienced guess of Teddy Bridgewater. I like the idea of finding a 'franchise quarterback' and apparently this quarterback is the best chance of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza_jags View Post
I went Clowney. I don't see us going for a QB in round one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Would you be totally gutted to see Bortles picked at three? I'd be chaffed if we pick up Watkins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronSamedi1980 View Post
Yes. There aren't any [Franchise QBs] available in this draft I'm still going to waste the 3rd pick on a QB and overpay him via his rookie contact. Watkins or Clowney will be the best available player when the Jaguars pick at 3 and we should take one of them.
Quote:
Manziel, I think Clowney and Bridgewater will be off the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martz View Post
Khalil Mack?
Quote:
Based solely on what I've read Manziel has that bigger upside and bigger risk, and I think we will be more prepared then most to take that risk.
Quote:
Two months on from saying Manziel I'm now torn between the trade back or Watkins. Think QB will come with the second pick, but expect us too have to move up for whoever that may be.
Well none of us picked Bortles! Well three people did according to the poll but they didn't leave comments so we don't know who they are unless Dave, Gus and Mr Khan have signed up on here and wish to remain incogneto!

Some of us were convinced we'd trade back () but we only traded up throughout the draft. Looks like none of us will be Scouting for the Jags next year then.