Anyone want to see the Jaguars next year........in Florida? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Old 09.12.2013, 10:12 AM
Team Captain

Default Anyone want to see the Jaguars next year........in Florida?

I was wondering if any of you (or a few of you) might be up for going over together - a Union Jax road trip so to speak. I know the UK patriots fans do a similar thing on an annual basis (go over to New England on mass to see 1 particular home game, coordinating their trip with the team to get tickets for the group).

Basically I am planning a trip to Jacksonville next year to see a home game, enjoy the Florida sunshine and take in some of the local ambiance. I know some of you have done similar trips or might be planning to do so in the future, if so I would love to hear your thoughts/experience on doing this sort of trip.

I have been working out the best way to do it, obviously we don't have the schedule for next years games yet but I am looking to do a game that falls in mid-November to mid-December. My reasoning for this is twofold:

1) I didn't want anything too near the 3 Wembley games next year.
2) Hotel prices in Jacksonville are more favourable at this time of year. (I have based this opinion on this years hotel prices which I have been monitoring)

The are no direct flights to Jacksonville that I can see so am planning to fly from London to Orlando (Return flight £470) and then make my way by some as of yet undecided means to Jacksonville, I have been looking at Train, Coach and Car hire options (it's 2 hours drive by car).

Hotel costs would be dependent on how many nights you want to stay in town for, am thinking different people might want to stay for longer than others but the are some reasonable deals to be had in Jacksonville and with the dollar-pound exchange rate helping us out you can get a room £25 per night (cheapest – by Jacksonville airport). The average cost for a hotel in Jacksonville is £57 per night and it is thins average cost that I am basing my personal calculations on.

I am sure our friends behind the Union Jax with connections in the organisation will help with getting game tickets, I have already asked about this and have been told that when I want tickets doing so via this route would be the best option and should be no problem but until we know the schedule and which game we want to go see it is best waiting to have that conversation with them.

So it's very doable and I’ll defiantly be making the trip, but would like to gauge the interest levels of others on here of doing a coordinated trip with a few of us British fans going. So please let me know if IN THEORY and without committing yourself to anything at this stage if you might be interested in what I am proposing. Just want to see if the is any interests in doing this sort of trip with a few of us going over or if I am completely barking up the wrong tree with the going to a game as a group idea.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old 09.12.2013, 04:57 PM
MVP

Would love to but simply do not have the cash. The once a year trip to Wembley is my limit, trying for a posh Premium Club Wembley this year if I can.

So along with some cheap non Thundercat logo merchandise from Ebay that'll be it for me. I just tried getting some Jags stuff from their recent 40% off sale but I have received the "you owe us money" card from the Post Office so clearly any savings I made have now disappeared!
Old 09.12.2013, 05:14 PM
All Pro

im heading to florida next year in September for 3 weeks going to try and ether head to a dolphins or a jags game in that time haven't decided yet before heading up to newyork/philly for a week to fit in an eagles game.

my parents have a villa in Kissimmee so ive been pretty much every year of my life and know the roads. first time ive been to a any games stateside though so will be an adventure
Old 10.12.2013, 06:06 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
but I have received the "you owe us money" card from the Post Office so clearly any savings I made have now disappeared!
They never lose those in the post do they?

I'm the same i'm afraid. Would love too just not able too at the moment. The Wembley game is as good as i'll be able to do when the single game tickets go on sale.
Old 19.12.2013, 09:26 AM
Team Captain

I have come up with a "what we know so far 2014 schedule" to see which week might be a good week for a trip to Florida:

week 1 - Sunday, September 7
week 2 - Sunday, September 14
week 3 - Sunday, September 21
week 4 - Sunday, September 28 - Miami Dolphins @ Oakland Raiders 6pm
week 5 - Sunday, October 5
week 6 - Sunday, October 12
week 7 - Sunday, October 19
week 8 - Sunday, October 26 - Detroit Lions @ Atlanta Falcons 1:30pm
week 9 - Sunday, November 2
week 10 - Sunday, November 9 Dallas Cowboys @ Jacksonville Jaguars 6pm
week 11 - Sunday, November 16 Jacksonville Jaguars Bye week
week 12 - Sunday, November 23
week 13 - Sunday, November 30
week 14 - Sunday, December 7
week 15 - Sunday, December 14
week 16 - Sunday, December 21
week 17 - Sunday, December 28

Looking at this I think week 14 & 15 are looking pretty good should a home game be scheduled for either\both of these dates.
Old 19.12.2013, 09:53 AM
Team Captain

Thinking about it I have been able to add a few more things to narrow the best time to visit down a bit more, in particular the Florida–Georgia collage football rivalry game at Everbank on week 9 indicating the is not likely to be a home game this week.

week 1 - Sunday, September 7
week 2 - Sunday, September 14
week 3 - Sunday, September 21
week 4 - Sunday, September 28 - Miami Dolphins @ Oakland Raiders 6pm
week 5 - Sunday, October 5
week 6 - Sunday, October 12
week 7 - Sunday, October 19
week 8 - Sunday, October 26 - Detroit Lions @ Atlanta Falcons 1:30pm (UK half term week start)
week 9 - Sunday, November 2 - Florida–Georgia collage football rivalry game day before at Everbank so unlikely to be a game this week (UK half term week end)
week 10 - Sunday, November 9 Dallas Cowboys @ Jacksonville Jaguars 6pm
week 11 - Sunday, November 16 Jacksonville Jaguars Bye week
week 12 - Sunday, November 23
week 13 - Sunday, November 30 (Thanksgiveing week)
week 14 - Sunday, December 7
week 15 - Sunday, December 14
week 16 - Sunday, December 21 (Christmas week)
week 17 - Sunday, December 28 (New Years week)

Can anyone else see anything I have missed? Any major event happening in Jacksonville that we would be wise to avoid?
Old 19.12.2013, 11:38 AM
Rookie

Hi all, first post on this forum, just saw a link to the thread on Twitter. Been a fan since Day One of the franchise and try to go over to Jax for one home game a season (didn't go this year for first time in five years due to the Wembley game but plan to go again next year as well as London).

My thoughts; Early in season is better - more or less assured fantastic weather and Jax Beach is great in early September. Also, early in the season dreams of playoff chances etc. are still alive!

The only alternative to a Jax trip I have been considering is maybe doing an away game next year. The BCB road trips look like great fun, so I've been toying with the idea of joining one of those, maybe in Nashville.

But if there's a group going to Jax from the UK for a game next season I think I'd like to be part of that. It'd be great to start to build a real hardcore in the UK that head over en masse every year.
Old 19.12.2013, 12:02 PM
Team Captain

Welcome to the forum taconick! It is great to have you on board

Thanks for your post, it is great to hear from someone who has been over a few times.

I hear what you say about a road game with the bold city brigade, I am sure this is fantastic, a heck of a lot of fun and might be a great idea for subsequent years but I feel we should do a home game first as for me (and I suspect others) this will be the first state side Jaguars game we have attended.

I agree about building up a following and I think an annual trip would be an excellent idea.
Old 19.12.2013, 12:23 PM
Rookie

Agree that the first co-ordinated trip should probably be a home game.

Once the schedule is released it'll throw up some options for discussion. The Jaguars will almost certainly get a Thursday night game again next season because every team gets at least one Prime Time match and realistically we're not going to be put on the Sun/Mon night schedule at the moment.

It might be that there are Sun-Thurs back to back home games, which could allow us to see two games in a one week trip, for example.
Old 19.12.2013, 02:03 PM
Team Captain

So far we are up to 3 people interested in doing this, BaronSamedi1980 (Alex), taconick (Nick) and Laura.

If a home game lands on the week 14 slot that is looking pretty good to me.

Last edited by BaronSamedi1980; 19.12.2013 at 02:19 PM.