NFL Gamepass discussion. - Page 1003 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 22.08.2017, 12:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpickle1 View Post
This may be controversal!

ive actually been happy with gamepass this season, and i think the new platform and layout seems better than previous years .

Yes, totally agree their customer service needs to improve but their streaming quality has been spot on with no issues on IOS,

downloads re now available and game archived is back to 2013. Yes its 140, which i know is a lot more than previous years, but only works out about 12 quid a month!
same, updates seem to be regular and they seem to be listening to the complaints and issues.

admittedly the start of august was awful from a customer service perspective but there has been dramatic improvements ever since.

content and streaming wise, the quality is spot on, no buffering and airplay seems to work seemlessly and with the exception of a few games here and there the game in 40 downloads are available before my daily commute.

now if they can develop a decent samsung app as promised i will be very happy.
Old 22.08.2017, 12:56 PM
Starter

Pleased to say that the latest IOS update has worked and I can now watch games I have downloaded when in offline mode without a problem.

Last edited by KING ARTHUR; 22.08.2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 22.08.2017, 03:24 PM
Team Captain

Seems a lot of positive comments from people new to the forum.

Cough....ringers
Old 22.08.2017, 03:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guards1656 View Post

Cough....ringers
new to the forum and new this year to gamepass so i am one of the lucky ones not to be charged a renewal in euro, dollars, yen or shillings!

also using iOS 10 and airplay this seems to be the way to download and stream with the least amount of issues, however having a 3rd gen ATV the lack of a working app is a bit annoying (fingers crossed the samsung app turns out ok)

so ignoring the past issues and on the basis the people that got overcharged get compensated realistically what are the remaining issues?

- ads during games
- ads cut out when watching on demand
- consistently quick availability for the game in 40 downloads the morning after
Old 22.08.2017, 04:20 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guards1656 View Post

Cough....ringers
Credit where credit is due, when the new Gamepass launched it was extremely barebones but they have listened to peoples complaints and most of them have been addressed or will be by the time the actual proper games start.

I know the lack of selectable streaming quality is an issue for some people, particularly on mobile, that they don't intend to fix but the streaming quality for me is now at the same level as it was for me last year. I paid £140 last year so the price was exactly the same for me and I was lucky enough to have no billing issues such as wrong currency.

It remains to be seen how well it holds up come week 1, the fact it imploded when they sent out the renewal emails isn't promising sign but lets see what happens.
Old 22.08.2017, 05:07 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzza12 View Post
£140 and all I want to watch is my team's games and nothing else it's ridiculous.
At least you appear to be a Patriots fan, you're gonna get better value than most of us!

In all fairness though, that works out at less than £9 a game and even though you say you don't want to watch anything else - the amount of content available is brilliant.
Old 22.08.2017, 05:33 PM
Rookie

Several weeks after I sent it, I have just been told by Deltatre that because I subscribed from outside Europe (I didn't), my request for a refund has been passed back to non-Euro support. This is getting ridiculous, and while I had intended to re-subscribe when my financial situation improves, I am second-guessing whether I will ever do this. Utter rubbish.
Old 22.08.2017, 07:07 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobsgrg View Post
I know the lack of selectable streaming quality is an issue for some people, particularly on mobile, that they don't intend to fix but the streaming quality for me is now at the same level as it was for me last year.
There may be hope on the horizon for streaming quality. The Twitter account has put out a new update: https://twitter.com/NFLGamePassEU/st...66289024106497

In there it lists "Quality Options for downloads will be available later this week". Now that could just be the downloads as stated rather than control over the stream, however, it does seem to be a hopeful sign that they understand the need to have some control over it.

They've also stated that you can now use multiple devices if using the same IP address. I know that was key to some people.

For me, the desktop DVR controls (arrow keys, not just icons to click) are the major one that's left, what others are people wanting as a priority?
Old 22.08.2017, 08:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Cutting out the ads for on demand games is the biggie left for me. This simply needs to happen so a full broadcast game is around 2hrs same as what it was in previous years. Right now it's coming it at 3.5hrs and getting past all the breaks is a pain.

Also on the Xbox one app all the NFL network programming archives and on demand daily shows have yet to make a reappearance. This is disappointing.
Old 22.08.2017, 08:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich View Post
Cutting out the ads for on demand games is the biggie left for me. This simply needs to happen so a full broadcast game is around 2hrs same as what it was in previous years. Right now it's coming it at 3.5hrs and getting past all the breaks is a pain.

Also on the Xbox one app all the NFL network programming archives and on demand daily shows have yet to make a reappearance. This is disappointing.
Yes my goodness i cannot believe they've left ads in broadcast games!! Its doing my head in so far in the pre-season. I just to want to hit play watch 2hrs of play not mess around trying to fast forward ads that they cannot even play in the UK! Also not helped is the fact chromecast has no proper forward or rewind. They even leave in the half time! They need to sort this out as otherwise i will become more & more put using gamepass.
I am also hoping the PS4 app is out soon and has better controls than chromecast.

Tags
football , game , nfl , pass , super