this is ruining the Nfl experience for me.. - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 10.09.2018, 09:21 AM
Pro

Default this is ruining the Nfl experience for me..

I am online again trying to get tkts for the hawks and eagles games and reseller sites have them already.Can a real fan even get tkts for these games.

really stressed now as am every year at this time and have flights and hotels booked in advance and doesnt look like ill get them now...

very dissapoointed with the NFL/TICKETMASTER setup as their reseller(max profit sites) have tkts before the genuine fan.

hardly going to come over to the uk now on the chance id get some from a tout,dont really want to support that system....

ARAGHHHHHHH
Old 10.09.2018, 12:19 PM
MVP

??

Something like half the tickets in the stadium were sold before this morning in season ticket sales. Nothing suprising about tickets being on sale for the last week or so...
Old 10.09.2018, 12:52 PM
Pro

Angry Shambles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagamuffin View Post
I am online again trying to get tkts for the hawks and eagles games and reseller sites have them already.Can a real fan even get tkts for these games.

really stressed now as am every year at this time and have flights and hotels booked in advance and doesnt look like ill get them now...

very dissapoointed with the NFL/TICKETMASTER setup as their reseller(max profit sites) have tkts before the genuine fan.

hardly going to come over to the uk now on the chance id get some from a tout,dont really want to support that system....

ARAGHHHHHHH
The NFL take such a severe stance over live streaming from various internet sites of the games but allow the touts to resale on these resale ticketing sites. I mean give me a break when you have hundreds of tickets available you know that 99% of those tickets were bought to resale and not a genuine fan who cannot make the game!!
Old 15.09.2018, 11:31 AM
All Pro

The simple reality is the games are popular and a season ticket is basically the only guaranteed way to get the game you want. And it's only going to get tougher, Spurs stadium WILL happen, almost certainly next year and that's going to squeeze supply further
Old 15.09.2018, 08:36 PM
MVP

Resale prices are very high at the moment. I am going to wait. If prices drop I will try to go to Titans Chargers since it's our bye week but I'm not paying silly money. The thing is though, if it is silly money then I'm not going to get outraged by it - it suggests that is what the market is prepared to pay for tickets. Otherwise people are left with a load of tickets they don't want/can't use.

I'm not a fan of touts being able to buy up tickets en masse and sell them on. But the reality is that I am well used to paying massively over face value from my trips to the US. For the Steelers I'll normally assume it will cost me $200 for a $70 ticket. That's just how it is. Teams with less core fanbases don't have that but Pittsburgh does. There will doubtless be season ticket holders who buy every year and who never go, selling off each ticket one by one at a large markup. I also know in the US that some fans list their tickets for sale at a very high price, on the basis that they intend to go to the game but if someone offers from a crazy price they will cash in. Others will sell the premium game of the season and use the profit from that to fund the rest of their season ticket - a Redskins fans told me once that he did that with the Cowboys game each year.

I'd like to add that I don't find this process awful at all. In fact I'm grateful for it. How on earth would I get a ticket for Pittsburgh otherwise if I had to be a season ticket holder or live locally or whatever? I wouldn't have a hope. The system allows me to get a ticket in the first place. I pay over the odds, but I get to pick exactly where I want to sit. If I bought face value, (a) I'd be met by a sold out sign, and (b) if I ever did get a ticket it would no doubt be a seat on its own in either a very expensive or least good view area of the stadium. Neither of which I would want.

If the NFL doesn't intervene in tickets over in the US then there's no reason to think it will do here. Ultimately they don't care who is in the seat, so long as they get their money. They should care if the seats are empty (though even that is debatable looking at the US). And there are plenty of NFL games in the US where you can get in for very cheap, usually where the game is a dud. People make a loss selling those on. Maybe that is the case here too, or will be one day, I don't know. But if people are genuinely buying seats at huge markups it suggests demand is exceeding supply still.

I think a lot of the outrage in the UK is cultural. Culturally, most fans here are not used to buying tickets on the secondary market. Most US fans are. Here, the mentality for most is you get your tickets face value from the original point of sale, and if you can't, you don't go. In the US, you decide you'll go to the game, check the secondary market, and get the best deal you can.

Last edited by European Bob; 15.09.2018 at 08:40 PM.
Old 15.09.2018, 09:18 PM
Pro

It might be worth keeping an eye on https://www.twickets.live/ to see if any NFL tickets pop up on there. Tickets are sold at face value, with an additional fee of 10-15%.

Admittedly, I've never used the site myself, maybe someone on here has first-hand experience (good or bad), but I've seen the site mentioned on a couple of tv shows and is probably as legitimate as any other resale site but without the extortionate prices.

However you get your tickets, I hope everyone here gets to go to at least one game.
Old 17.09.2018, 05:31 PM
Pro

tks for the replys lads, feeling a little less pissed today, good to see some games on Tv at last
Old 17.09.2018, 06:57 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitchB Niner View Post
It might be worth keeping an eye on https://www.twickets.live/ to see if any NFL tickets pop up on there. Tickets are sold at face value, with an additional fee of 10-15%.

Admittedly, I've never used the site myself, maybe someone on here has first-hand experience (good or bad), but I've seen the site mentioned on a couple of tv shows and is probably as legitimate as any other resale site but without the extortionate prices.

However you get your tickets, I hope everyone here gets to go to at least one game.
Sold a couple of tickets to Ed Sheeran through Twickets earlier this year and it was smooth enough. I didn't talk to the fella who brought them even though he was sat next to me but he seemed happy enough.

There have been a few Titans v Chargers tickets put on there recently, praying the Jaguars tickets get posted soon.
Old 18.09.2018, 12:35 PM
Pro

ya im watching it now as well.

Ill have a second hotel room at wembley as a buddy has pulled out due to tkt fiasco so if anyone had spare tkts for raiders game id swap a hotel room or do some deal£££
Old 21.09.2018, 01:07 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagamuffin View Post

ARAGHHHHHHH
I was absolutely seething last year that the Saints / Fins game sold out before tickets went on sale (all "snapped up" via presale and despite registering, I never got a link!!) but knew there would be another batch of tickets eventually and managed to get a few at a half decent price.

At least this year, they scrapped the presale and despite Ticketmaster's site saying it had sold out at 10:01am, kept trying and eventually got some. It's incredibly stressful & should not be that way.