The Official 2019 NFL draft discussion thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 23.04.2019, 08:41 AM
All Pro

Default The Official 2019 NFL draft discussion thread

Right similar to last year, here is the discussion thread for the few days pre draft talk (rumours), and then for us to talk during the draft itself!

Who is staying up? I will be up for both days one and two, can’t wait!
Old 23.04.2019, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Yep, never miss it! Going to be a long wait for the Jets’ second pick if we stay at #3 though...
Old 23.04.2019, 10:00 AM
All Pro

NFL Network on my phone, Espn on my laptop, unfollow a couple of journos on Twitter and stay off Twitter completely from about 30 mins before the Bills pick is my plan.
Old 23.04.2019, 10:48 AM
Hall of Fame

I should be around, although I was wavering at one point. Problem is, it's not quite the same when it isn't Live. Plus I never trust that I'll be able to get the same coverage 'on demand' or when I want it.

I'm waiting for a little bit of doubt to creep in about Murray going at no.1. If Bosa went 1st it would be interesting to see the knock on effect. Quinnen Williams might be the best player in the Draft, but he's not the ideal pick for the 9ers or Jets. They've already got top 10 picks at DT, and they'll need paying soon too.
Old 23.04.2019, 10:55 AM
All Pro

I think that "little bit of doubt" is already there Richard. Some reports out there that the Cards are cooling. Prisco reporting that it was all a tactic to generate more season ticket buyers that fell flat on top of his low Wonderlic. Time will tell I guess.
Old 23.04.2019, 10:58 AM
Hall of Fame

I'm in the camp that struggles to place Rashan Gary in this Draft. Lack of production and motor/work ethic questions leave a cloud over him that's hard to shake despite the athleticism.

Now Rapoport has said Gary's shoulder/labram was 'flagged' as a mild concern. Demarcus Lawrence played most of the past 2 seasons in need of labrum surgery, so it's not the end of the world.

It's another 'flag' though.
Old 23.04.2019, 11:01 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
I think that "little bit of doubt" is already there Richard. Some reports out there that the Cards are cooling. Prisco reporting that it was all a tactic to generate more season ticket buyers that fell flat on top of his low Wonderlic. Time will tell I guess.
Not sure whether the Cards deserve credit for keeping everyone guessing, but they are doing a good job of it considering how long the Murray circus has been going on.

So many opinions start to surface at this time of year its impossible to know what's going on (which is the way it should be).

It's like the Raiders 'surprise pick' talk.
Old 23.04.2019, 11:54 AM
Hall of Fame

Won't be until Friday evening until I get to sit down and watch the first round so will be avoiding all things NFL until then

Now happy with my opinion that Murray will be a bust. Too many character red flags and whilst the game has evolved since the likes of Doug Flutie not many 5'9" QBs are likely to have a career a first overall warrants
Old 23.04.2019, 12:01 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Won't be until Friday evening until I get to sit down and watch the first round so will be avoiding all things NFL until then

Now happy with my opinion that Murray will be a bust. Too many character red flags and whilst the game has evolved since the likes of Doug Flutie not many 5'9" QBs are likely to have a career a first overall warrants
This, this and a hundred times this!

You don't make a number 1 pick in order to prove everyone wrong. Character seems suspect, Wonderlic on the very low side, measurables, at best, too small. Lighter and shorter than Wilson, who is the only player even remotely comparable and who is the only QB ever to be both under 6 feet tall and a Superbowl winner?

Seems nuts to me too.
Old 23.04.2019, 02:40 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterHayes View Post
This, this and a hundred times this!

You don't make a number 1 pick in order to prove everyone wrong. Character seems suspect, Wonderlic on the very low side, measurables, at best, too small. Lighter and shorter than Wilson, who is the only player even remotely comparable and who is the only QB ever to be both under 6 feet tall and a Superbowl winner?

Seems nuts to me too.

wonderlic doesnt matter.

i like Murray a fair bit in the right system he will be a star.

where does the character concern come from?
i will focus on the play rather than the size.

as much as i'm a bit negative on the QBs most of them have things to like and it could turn out to be a good class but they also come with some doubts.