Los Angeles Chargers Thread - Page 816 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Los Angeles Chargers

Old 12.12.2017, 12:40 PM
Starter

Had 3 moments of worry all game.
1) When Okung got hurt
2) When Perryman got hurt
3) When Travis C went to block a return from his own kick and I had visions of Kaser kicking points for the rest of the game

Will be watching through my fingers, hiding behind the couch. Such a huge game.
Old 14.12.2017, 07:37 PM
All Pro

So i decided to spend some time today watching highlights of this seasons chargers game and one thing became incredibly apparent... Rivers has stopped seeing ghosts....

I think for the first time in years he finally trusts his o-line, can make reads down the field and take his time to make the pinpoint throws that he was making years ago. I feel at the start of the season he was still making "ghost" errors which is why we lost so many close games (as well as the obvious kicking woes seeing as we have had 4 different people attempting field goals this year).

Saturdays game is going to be nail biting, however i genuinely feel that Rivers will show once again how comfortable he is in the pocket and make the plays we need him to.

If we whitewash the chiefs just as we whitewashed the redskins, bills and cowboys, I genuinely think we go from being playoff contenders to being the team NOBODY wants to meet in the playoffs. We were unlucky against Jacksonville and brady hasn't been playing his best the last few weeks. The only team i really fear going into the playoffs are pittsburgh. If we can avoid heading there during this run, given a win this saturday and Rivers form, I cant see why we cant go all the way. I've never felt so confident of a Chargers team
Old 15.12.2017, 02:22 PM
MVP

Thing is if Pitt win this weekend, they are the number 1 seed guaranteed so will play 2 meaningless games and then have a bye.

I wouldn't mind going into Pitt off the back of that. In other circumstances I agree but after 3 weeks of meaningless or no football? Id fancy our chances.

I can't remember the last time I was this nervous, the game is over 24 hours away and I have butterflies. I'm grateful, id rather it this way than us being 1-12 but I hate feeling nervous!!
Old 16.12.2017, 03:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLegend View Post
Thing is if Pitt win this weekend, they are the number 1 seed guaranteed so will play 2 meaningless games and then have a bye.

I wouldn't mind going into Pitt off the back of that. In other circumstances I agree but after 3 weeks of meaningless or no football? Id fancy our chances.

I can't remember the last time I was this nervous, the game is over 24 hours away and I have butterflies. I'm grateful, id rather it this way than us being 1-12 but I hate feeling nervous!!
I wouldn't mind playing a college football team in the playoffs either if I were the Chargers. Certainly easier playing the Panthers than playing the Steelers

We aren't guaranteed the no1 seed if we win this weekend. The guarantee is that the Patriots won't have it, not that we will. If we lose the last 2 games and the Jags win out then they take no1 since they have us on the head-to-head from week 5. But anyway I expect the Patriots to win in Pittsburgh this weekend.
Old 17.12.2017, 11:33 AM
MVP

11 years, 11 years I've been a Charger fan. I've seen more bad times than Good, seen just about every way you can throw away a game or a season and yet I still allowed myself to believe this season would be different.

I actually thought we would win out and go into the playoffs hot at 10-6. I allowed myself to believe the hype. All this "no1 will want to face the chargers in January".

What's wrong with me?

Why do I do it to myself. I don't know if I'm more annoyed at the Chargers this morning or myself. I should have seen this coming, I should have known this was coning.

Congratulations chargers, you fooled me again.
Old 17.12.2017, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
11 years, 11 years I've been a Charger fan. I've seen more bad times than Good, seen just about every way you can throw away a game or a season and yet I still allowed myself to believe this season would be different.

I actually thought we would win out and go into the playoffs hot at 10-6. I allowed myself to believe the hype. All this "no1 will want to face the chargers in January".

What's wrong with me?

Why do I do it to myself. I don't know if I'm more annoyed at the Chargers this morning or myself. I should have seen this coming, I should have known this was coning.

The division's gone, but I still think a Wild Card's a definite possibility. Guaranteed a win next week, and you should beat the Raiders at home...
Old 17.12.2017, 12:42 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
The division's gone, but I still think a Wild Card's a definite possibility. Guaranteed a win next week, and you should beat the Raiders at home...
For anyone that still cares...

To win the division the chiefs must lose to Miami and Denver and we must beat the Jets and Oakland.

Is still possible for KC Oak and LAC to all finish 8-8 but the chiefs take the division on tiebreaker so as mentioned before, chargers must win out and chiefs lose out.

Possible but extremely unlikely so yes I agree the division is gone.

As for WC, if I've worked it out right, given tiebreakers, to get a WC the chargers must win out and get to 9-7 and then 3 of the following 4 things must happen

Titans lose all 3 of their remaining games

Ravens lose 2 of their remaining 3

Bills lose 2 of their remaining 3

Dolphins lose 1 of their remaining 3

Yeah agreed, it ain't happening.

And this is all before knowing the extent of the slurry of injuries we had last night which may hinder out ability to win out anyway

Edit - another scenario

Chargers win out and get to 9-7
Ravens win out and finish with 10 wins
Titans lose out and finish with 8 wins
Miami lose 1 of their remaining 3
Bills win 2 of final 3

Meaning ravens are #5 seed and bills and chargers would be tied at 9-7 for 6 seed but chargers take it on h2h

Last edited by UrbanLegend; 17.12.2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 17.12.2017, 02:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:

What's wrong with me?

Exactly how i've been feeling today. I was stupid enough to stay uo and keep watching. Its like we were the first 4 week chargers rather than the last 4 week chargers
Old 17.12.2017, 03:33 PM
MVP

Quote:

What's wrong with me?

To be fair we run a pickem league and 5 out of 8 of us went Chargers last night, me included, and I was definitely on that band wagon too thinking they might win out. As I was last year!

I just did my predictions for the remainder of the season on the ESPN playoff machine and I just have the Chargers missing the playoffs, by losing out on a wildcard on a head-to-head with Miami. Which, given the way the Chargers lost that game with the kicking fiasco, you'll probably say is the most Chargers way possible to miss the post-season.

Last edited by European Bob; 17.12.2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01.01.2018, 10:40 AM
MVP

Not sure if I feel positive or negative about our season.

Probably both. After 4-12 and 5-11 seasons it's been great to see us win games and have something to cheer for right up to week 17 and after starting 0-4 too!!

I've seen some fans say we may as well have gone 3-13 but that's hard to consistently watch plus at some point you want to see your high draft picks pay off and the team start to improve? Hard to cheer your team to consistently lose right? Clear positives heading into next year.

But can't help think we've blown a shot. If you break losses down into "deserved, could've won & shouldve won" we should have won 2.

1 more win gets us a wildcard, 2 more and we are the 3 seed. Never any guarentees going into the next year so feels a little like a wasted year.

We were pretty healthy this year too. That is rare.

Last edited by UrbanLegend; 01.01.2018 at 10:44 AM.