Europa League - Page 13 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 15.05.2013, 09:54 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
Oh i agree and happy for you, although that final last year was a robbery on Worldwide TV!
Any team that misses 3 spot kicks in the same tie deserves absolutely nothing in my opinion
Old 15.05.2013, 09:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
Any team that misses 3 spot kicks in the same tie deserves absolutely nothing in my opinion
oh it was funny to see a German side lose on pens!

At least it was a good game, unlike the FA Cup Final you beat us in a few years ago.
I was forced to watch it at a mates in Cardiff, i wanted to poke my eyes out it was that bad! At least Drogba spared us pens!
Old 15.05.2013, 09:57 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Oh i agree and happy for you, although that final last year was a robbery on Worldwide TV!
Haha! I've still got it on Sky+, still not entirely sure how we did it!

What a night that was, had all the family over, my dad hiding behind the Sofa during the penalties was priceless, memories!
Old 15.05.2013, 09:58 PM
MVP

Quote:
oh it was funny to see a German side lose on pens!

At least it was a good game, unlike the FA Cup Final you beat us in a few years ago.
I was forced to watch it at a mates in Cardiff, i wanted to poke my eyes out it was that bad! At least Drogba spared us pens!
Your a United fan and talking about 2007? Yeah that was a stinker of a game...stopped you lot doing the double too!
Old 15.05.2013, 10:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bear View Post
Your a United fan and talking about 2007? Yeah that was a stinker of a game...stopped you lot doing the double too!
That Final wasn't even the worst final with United playing in it, the one we played vs Arsenal was even worse! They parked the bus for 120 minutes!

I was a passionate Soccer nut, would watch every game in any league anywhere on TV. Nowadays I watch very little so I would say I am a reformed United fan who prefers the Football League and the not so mighty Bristol City
Old 15.05.2013, 10:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavlovsDog View Post
I don't understand this mocking attitude.

Sure the Europa League is far inferior to the Champions League.

Sure, some teams devalue the competition by playing weakened teams.

But it's still a trophy there to be won, you can only beat what is in front of you and Chelsea have done just that.

Stating the obvious, but only one team can win each trophy each year and there are only 5 trophies to be won (CL, EL, PL, FAC, COC) so why the negativity?
Good post - unfortunately you'll still get the bitter little snipes with the fake "I'm happy for Chelsea (no you're not) but...."
Old 15.05.2013, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Not a Rafa fan but you have to hand it to him. He goes to a team where he's almost universally hated and walks away with his reputation enhanced... Wouldn't surprise me if he takes over from Pellegrini at Malaga.
Old 16.05.2013, 12:00 AM
Starter

What a team outplayed for 50 minutes should have been at least 2 down before half time. So many Chelsea players having bad games, it did not look to clever for a lot of the game, but it all worked out well in the end.

Im so proud of my team, no one really wants to be in the Europa League but you just have to get on with it and try to put another trophy in the cabinet.
We now have the full set of trophy's, I can hear some of you say 'its only a 2-bob cup', yea right did you see them Benfica fans crying their eyes out? that's what this little competition meant to some fans, me i'm over the moon.

Hats off to Raffa the man is real class, its been a pleasure if Jose wasn't coming I would love to see the man stay at the bridge.

The blue flag is flying over in Amsterdam, what a night, what a result and what a team.

Chelsea Chelsea

Last edited by packersfan91; 16.05.2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 16.05.2013, 12:10 AM
Starter

Quote:
If I didn't think better of it I would have to say your 'trolling' maybe your just a hater, let it all go it dos'nt to anybody any good,

How about a little credit in making history, no thought not
Old 16.05.2013, 12:15 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishLion86 View Post
NO WAY - he actually did it again.

John Terry, what an absolutely classless indivdual.
Is there something wrong with you he's club captain.
His fellow players want him to lift the trophy, the management and more important the fans the same. But you have a problem with it.