Where on earth do the Tampa Bay Bucanneers go from here? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Old 28.11.2009, 11:01 AM
Starter

Default Where on earth do the Tampa Bay Bucanneers go from here?

To me they have been alot better than a 1-10 team or whatever they are. They have far more than contended in 4 games they have lost narrowly this year.. It looks asif Freeman will be the guy heading up the future for the organisation.. Just wondering what you think they will do?

To me i would:
Trade Antonio Bryant for a Draft pick- does more harm than good to the bucs
Pick up Jason Campbell in the offseason or Rex Grossman or someone like that
Sort out the backfield; Ward has been a flop this year as too has Graham. Bring in a back, maybe chester taylor (heard he doesntwant a deal with the Vikes)
Sort out the defense, Really clear it out, build it arounf Barret Ruud & Aqib Talib
WR'S Stroughter looks like a player with some potential as a 2/3 choice wideout, looked good at wembley and has a return gamem to him aswell. Cut guys like Clayton, Stovall who consistantly get roster spots but do nothing with them...

Your views?

Joel
Old 28.11.2009, 11:16 AM
Rookie

Hi Folks ,
This is Kammy, I finished my studies this
year itself. I am glad to introduce myself
in this site. Please to meet all other members.
Old 28.11.2009, 11:23 AM
Hall of Fame

Kammy - You must be a spammer, thankfully the link to the crappy Acai berry site (So often used by spammers) has been deleted.

Anyway ! Surely Jason Campbell will want to be a starter somewhere, cant see him coming to Tampa as a backup straight away. Freemans the future for the Bucs and needs another year or two of starting before you can decide if hes the long term answer or not. Freeman will be the QB next year for sure
Old 28.11.2009, 11:27 AM
MVP

Also, another problem with your suggestions is what sort of Draft pick would you expect from Antonio Bryant if you did trade him? I wouldnt want him so cant imagine youd get that high a pick for him!
Old 28.11.2009, 11:29 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Also, another problem with your suggestions is what sort of Draft pick would you expect from Antonio Bryant if you did trade him? I wouldnt want him so cant imagine youd get that high a pick for him!

I totally agree on second thoughts, you could maybe try and trade him away for a low end pick & player. Chicago or Oakland would be my favouitres
Old 28.11.2009, 01:03 PM
Pro Bowler

I'm not sure I'd do anything with the backfield - remember that Tampa run it by committee with Ward, Graham and Cadillac.
Old 28.11.2009, 01:49 PM
MVP

The offensive line is solid and Donald Penn is standout on the left side.
Freeman has looked good without much talent around him.
The backfield is fine with doing it by commitee.
IMO someone would offer TB at least a 3rd if not 2nd rounder for Bryant. WRs are needed however

The main thing though is to draft Ndamakong Suh in the first round to add some bulk to the interior of the line. A DE is also key and IMO this should be addressed in round 2.
Ruud, Talib and Jackson are solid guys and some cheap solid FA acqusitions could go a long way to making the D that much better.
Old 28.11.2009, 03:06 PM
MVP

I agree with John, theyve already had their clearout and they just need to spend an offseason picking up underrated players and fill the roster, much like Denver did last off season.

They have a talented base but they need time and coaching and a few more pieces to the puzzle to make it work.
Old 28.11.2009, 03:14 PM
Hall of Fame

Teams can come back from the depths of adversity quickly, see Atlanta & Miami last year. Tampa need to pick up solid veterans and concentrate on solidifing both lines. From the little I've seen Freeman looks the real deal, so even there, there is a foundation to build upon
Old 28.11.2009, 03:19 PM
Starter

I agree with all of you, what position is the most key for them to cover? They have a solid qb or franchise qb in freeman, back in cadilac, TE in winslow, Penn on the left side, Ruud at MLB, Talib & jackson in the secondary. For me its that DT spot ot OLB.. They cant stop the run and thats killing them