ESPN College Pass - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 13.08.2010, 03:18 PM
Pro

Question ESPN College Pass

Hi all,

Is anyone planning to, or has anyone already, sign up to this year's ESPN College Pass? I'm only interested in the College season from September to January and would rather not pay £90 for a whole year as I don't care two hoops (oh dear...) about basketball!

Are there any other web based options?
Old 13.08.2010, 08:14 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewi View Post
Hi all,

Is anyone planning to, or has anyone already, sign up to this year's ESPN College Pass? I'm only interested in the College season from September to January and would rather not pay £90 for a whole year as I don't care two hoops (oh dear...) about basketball!

Are there any other web based options?
You can buy the monthly college pass - works out cheaper than £90 if you want to go from September to January and it spreads the payment.

Other legal internet options are:

Big Ten Ticket - $45 last year - Big Ten games only.

CBS XXL - $120 for a season - mainly Mountain West and WAC - not many BCS conference teams - I think it's expensive for what it is.

SEC website is free - but again only the one conference and the Bowl Games aren't on there.
Old 13.08.2010, 08:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Duesouth are the SEC games shown live on thier site?
Old 14.08.2010, 10:30 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
Duesouth are the SEC games shown live on thier site?
I'm not sure to be honest - I only discovered the site after last season finished.

I wouldn't imagine they are live as it's free and some early season SEC games are Pay Per View (e.g. Week 1 - San Jose State at Alabama and Tennessee Tech at Arkansas).
Old 14.08.2010, 11:43 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth10 View Post
You can buy the monthly college pass - works out cheaper than £90 if you want to go from September to January and it spreads the payment.

Other legal internet options are:

Big Ten Ticket - $45 last year - Big Ten games only.

CBS XXL - $120 for a season - mainly Mountain West and WAC - not many BCS conference teams - I think it's expensive for what it is.

SEC website is free - but again only the one conference and the Bowl Games aren't on there.
I couldn't see a monthly option this year, So I think I might pay for particular days instead.
Old 14.08.2010, 12:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffer View Post
I couldn't see a monthly option this year, So I think I might pay for particular days instead.
I think they will put the monthly option up around a week before the season starts.
Old 15.08.2010, 01:28 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vann_mcelroy View Post
I think they will put the monthly option up around a week before the season starts.
Oh i hope so, i dont feel like spending £90 in one go!
Old 15.08.2010, 08:25 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Red View Post
Oh i hope so, i dont feel like spending £90 in one go!
it's well worth it, there are tons of games there, and coverage is superb (ESPNU, ESPN3 feeds).
For NHL last March they introduced HD (2200kbps streaming) so i assume the same is gonna be available this year for College Football

anyway, to me it's 10x greater value than the bloody NFL game pass which is ridiculously expensive.

also you might want to register from for example german IP (i.e. using proxy cloaking service). "Continental" Europe price is 99 EUR which is roughly 81 quid - bit cheaper. Then you can use it normally from your home IP again, it's just for registration. I did so last year (unless they somehow prevented it this year but I highly doubt it)
Old 15.08.2010, 09:44 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by filek View Post
it's well worth it, there are tons of games there, and coverage is superb (ESPNU, ESPN3 feeds).
For NHL last March they introduced HD (2200kbps streaming) so i assume the same is gonna be available this year for College Football

anyway, to me it's 10x greater value than the bloody NFL game pass which is ridiculously expensive.

also you might want to register from for example german IP (i.e. using proxy cloaking service). "Continental" Europe price is 99 EUR which is roughly 81 quid - bit cheaper. Then you can use it normally from your home IP again, it's just for registration. I did so last year (unless they somehow prevented it this year but I highly doubt it)
Yes the NHL in HD was superb. I have ESPNA but will also get NCAA if it is in Widescreen this year. It was 4:3 last year so I did not bother.

Tags
college football , espn , internet , ncaa