ESPN America - Europe/UK - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 20.12.2011, 12:26 AM
Team Captain

Default ESPN America - Europe/UK

I've been in Paris the last week, and had ESPN America in my room.

They have a lot more NFL programming than we have here, and I don't see any reason right now for why we cannot have some of the programming.

For example, NFL Live is shown on ESPN America in Europe, but not shown here. It was a decent programme as well.

Then there are the shortened replays of different games that are shown. I was able to watch the Bengals-Texans and Bears-Broncos games again back-to-back one of the days.

It doesn't seem right that we pay extra for the ESPN America channels and are then denied the full use of their programming due to what I presume is more Sky monopoly rulings.

Taking the NFL off Sky may end up being the best for this sport. ESPN America and NFL Network would at least give it the attention it deserves, despite being a minority sport.
Old 20.12.2011, 04:20 AM
GOAT

. . . and this debate continues. . I happen to agree I cold pay for ESPN and be done with it rather than ESPN nad then the full SKY Sports package saving myself a fortune, I could evenm hold SKY ransom a little more over other issues, such as why as a HD cutomer who wants to upgrade to a 1TB box must I pay ?199 but a new customer can get the same box for ?49 currently with a free wireless connector that will cost ME as an exsisiting customer of over 10 years ?60 . but that is another story. .
Old 20.12.2011, 01:50 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotscpfc View Post
I've been in Paris the last week, and had ESPN America in my room.

They have a lot more NFL programming than we have here, and I don't see any reason right now for why we cannot have some of the programming.

For example, NFL Live is shown on ESPN America in Europe, but not shown here. It was a decent programme as well.

Then there are the shortened replays of different games that are shown. I was able to watch the Bengals-Texans and Bears-Broncos games again back-to-back one of the days.
I've just got back from Disneyland Paris, and they too had ESPN in the room. Fantastic coverage and programmes. Just a shame the UK version is not like our European cousins (or enemies depending on who you talk too)
Old 20.12.2011, 01:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Hello 4,000 Poster Club!

This debate is crazy to me!

We have amazing coverage over here and are are totally spoilt.

Thou shall not covet what Europe has, thou must be grateful for what one has! :-)
Old 20.12.2011, 02:52 PM
All Pro

Well we do have five live games a week,with channel 4,sky and ESPN.It's not to bad for a sport that isn't that big over here.
Does the rest of europe get that many live games on ? that I don't know I'm asking.Either way sky have the monopoly over here,thats something that isn't going to change any time soon.
Old 20.12.2011, 06:36 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
Well we do have five live games a week,with channel 4,sky and ESPN.It's not to bad for a sport that isn't that big over here.
Does the rest of europe get that many live games on ? that I don't know I'm asking.Either way sky have the monopoly over here,thats something that isn't going to change any time soon.
Yes most of Europe on ESPNA gets all what we get plus AS Live games the day after. The issue to many is that in Europe you get daily NHL programming including a great highlight show on Monday evening plus NHL live all week long every evening plus other espn NFC programming.

There is however a reason for that ...sky in the uk have the rights to mid week shows and highlight shows.. But don't show too much. Hopefully the next rights discussion will sort this issue out. Thre is more to the NFL than the games and hopefully we get addtnl espn NFL programming next year.

In addition a number of countries also have NHL programming on other channels as well as ESPNA.

Tags
espn , sky