ESPN Player 2012 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Old 24.08.2012, 09:45 AM
Pro

Default ESPN Player 2012

Morning all,

I'm an avid follower of college football on top of the NFL and have used ESPN Player these past few years, despite it's flaws and the sizeable price increase last year. I know from the ESPN Player Facebook page that the price will be staying the same this year, at £17.99 a month, and that an app is in development which is a big plus for me. Does anyone have any update on any of that? Or a more cost effective way of following college football? I don't have Sky.

Thanks,

S
Old 26.08.2012, 12:04 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewi View Post
Morning all,

I'm an avid follower of college football on top of the NFL and have used ESPN Player these past few years, despite it's flaws and the sizeable price increase last year. I know from the ESPN Player Facebook page that the price will be staying the same this year, at £17.99 a month, and that an app is in development which is a big plus for me. Does anyone have any update on any of that? Or a more cost effective way of following college football? I don't have Sky.

Thanks,

S
The Notre Dame home games are shown on NBC's website (live and delayed for free) I believe. Also theres a section called SEC Live on the CBS site which says it will stream games on there. Not sure if they're available outside the US though.
Old 26.08.2012, 10:30 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fez222 View Post
The Notre Dame home games are shown on NBC's website (live and delayed for free) I believe. Also theres a section called SEC Live on the CBS site which says it will stream games on there. Not sure if they're available outside the US though.
Thanks. The sec games on CBS.com were blacked out in the uk last year sadly but who knows?
Old 27.08.2012, 12:23 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewi View Post
Thanks. The sec games on CBS.com were blacked out in the uk last year sadly but who knows?
Wasn't too sure but the CBS college basketball games definitely were watchable in the UK. (Except the NCAA tourney of course)
Old 27.08.2012, 10:48 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fez222 View Post
Wasn't too sure but the CBS college basketball games definitely were watchable in the UK. (Except the NCAA tourney of course)
Let's hope that's the case with the SEC games too!
Old 27.08.2012, 05:53 PM
Starter

Does espn player have games that are shown on the Big 10 network? Thanks.
Old 27.08.2012, 06:24 PM
Pro Bowler

Didn't last year. But the biggest big 10 games are generally on ESPN and therefore ESPN player. Not good if you're a fan of the lesser teams and wish to watch every game, however.
Old 28.08.2012, 12:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by southowramonsea View Post
Does espn player have games that are shown on the Big 10 network? Thanks.
No. The last 2 years they have only been available via Big Ten Ticket - last year it was $90 for the year.

This year it seems to have been rebranded as BTN2Go International - available for $19.95 per month or $119.95 for the year.

For Pac 12 fans - they have future plans for international availability - but not right now.
Old 29.08.2012, 02:45 PM
Pro Bowler

are all the games on ESPN player archived? I see they have the Tennessee game live, but I can't see it because I am in Dublin for the Navy game so will I definitely be able to see it when I get home on demand???
Old 29.08.2012, 03:02 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenk24 View Post
are all the games on ESPN player archived? I see they have the Tennessee game live, but I can't see it because I am in Dublin for the Navy game so will I definitely be able to see it when I get home on demand???
For the most part, yes they do, however only for a limited time (typically a week or so if memory serves), and some games are only available live. There's no way to know in advance which will be archived but it's usually most.

Tags
college , espn , ncaa