MNF & ESPN Coverage (or lack of) - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Old 10.09.2012, 11:09 PM
Rookie

Default MNF & ESPN Coverage (or lack of)

I'm sure that I'm not the only person who subsribes to ESPN in order to gain access to more American Football content. The loss of NFL Sunday Countdown and MNF is annoying in itself, especially as NFL Sunday Countdown is now not available anywhere in the UK.
I am glad BBC took up MNF (and that it is free to watch) but it will not be the same not in HD/ Also the way in which the BBC are going to have to deal with the advertisement breaks without a commentary team is worrying.
Is there no way we can get Sunday NFL Countdown (and the MNF Countdown) back on ESPN?
Also, why can't BBC stick MNF on actual BBC One so we can see it in HD?
Old 10.09.2012, 11:20 PM
Rookie

I can't get my head round the fact that ESPN can't show their own coverage in another country? I'm baffled?

Unless NFLUK owns the rights, not ESPN?

The red button thing is a joke though.
Old 10.09.2012, 11:22 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyhedge View Post
I can't get my head round the fact that ESPN can't show their own coverage in another country? I'm baffled?

Unless NFLUK owns the rights, not ESPN?

The red button thing is a joke though.
Well, the NFL does own the rights. But it's still stupid...
Old 10.09.2012, 11:25 PM
Pro Bowler

ESPN did not bid for the rights.
Old 10.09.2012, 11:34 PM
Pro Bowler

There is alot of rumors that ESPN are not doing that good here in the UK and won't last very long. It looks to me they didn't want to invest in any NFL Rights even tons of the their content: pti, sportsnation, sportscenter, around the horn, etc use it. Something doesn't make sense. I mean ESPN America is pretty useless to me know. I should really get rid of Cable now. And the red button thing is stupid. But at least we are able to watch it.
Old 10.09.2012, 11:40 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganrunner View Post
There is alot of rumors that ESPN are not doing that good here in the UK and won't last very long. It looks to me they didn't want to invest in any NFL Rights even tons of the their content: pti, sportsnation, sportscenter, around the horn, etc use it. Something doesn't make sense. I mean ESPN America is pretty useless to me know. I should really get rid of Cable now. And the red button thing is stupid. But at least we are able to watch it.
ESPN will be finished at the beginning of September next year.

They have no NHL, no NFL, they lose the Premier League in May and the newly signed UFC tv deal is only for one year which ends in the beginning of August. The only way they survive is by lowering the subscription price and market themselves as the home of European football and American sports. They have only survived this long because of the EPL game they get.
Old 10.09.2012, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

This thread is already running in many different guises lads.
Closed Thread

Tags
bbc , espn , mnf , tv coverage