Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Sponsored Links

Old 05.01.2009, 06:01 PM
Rookie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by danh View Post
Yes.

(that's the answer to the "Can you just watch the game at Bodeans?" question)
Actually, on the advice of this forum thread, I went to Bodeans for the Sun 4th Jan 2009 playoffs and was told by staff that they only have a food licence - therefore customers have to order food if they want alcoholic drinks. I could have ordered soft drinks if I wanted to stand and watch, but in any case all the people there were seated diners so I felt conspicuous.

I switched to Sports Cafe in Haymarket where I've had good times in the past watching crunch soccer games - only to find the place feeling empty. There were a lot of Dolphins fans in the downstairs big screen area, and there were diners in all the downstairs dining seats, but the other spaces were virtually empty. Upstairs they were playing piped music instead of commentary. Downstairs the commentary was barely audible, and the downstairs big screen (projected image) was very dimly lit.

The above venues may become lively or even crowded for the next postseason rounds - and Superbowl will be ticket-in-advance - but for the 1st round of playoffs I was unimpressed by what I found at these places.

Last edited by sredman; 05.01.2009 at 06:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09.01.2009, 03:47 PM
MVP

Four more options.

Perhaps the mod should sticky this thread, as it comes up loads this time of year.

Bonds of london - http://www.bondslondon.co.uk/ - free table booking and free entrance before midnight - near Bond St

Texas Embassy -
www.texasembassy.com - good deals on jugs of beer, big screens and trafalgar square location

Bodeans -
http://www.bodeansbbq.com/events/superbowl/ - £25 a head, guaranteed seat with view of screen and lots of food

Belushis -
http://www.belushis.com/home - various venues in london, nothing on web about the superbowl
Old 09.01.2009, 06:23 PM
Rookie

There's a great new Sports Bar in Marylebone that also shows NFL. Serves great burgers too!!
Sports Bar and Grill on Melcombe Place - at Marylebone station - on the Bakerloo line. www.sportsbarandgrill.co.uk
Old 11.01.2009, 08:49 AM
All Pro

walkabout in islington, upper street, not a bad place if I say so myself...
Old 15.01.2009, 12:45 PM
Starter

NFL Palace in Eastbourne!!! (well it is actually my flat but it has drinks and food and NFL anyday of the week)
Old 22.01.2009, 09:45 PM
Starter

Bodeans quality over the last couple of years really has gone downhill. Like maaaaasive.
Old 27.01.2009, 03:25 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
Bodeans quality over the last couple of years really has gone downhill. Like maaaaasive.
How? I moved here last year from San Francisco and it's the one place I've found that's not insultingly kitschy. Also does a mean BBQ if I say so myself.

This might be location based, though - I've only ever been to Clapham, which ALWAYS has NASN on.
Old 13.03.2009, 05:02 AM
Rookie

Default Steelers

Hey kings of leon I will be in London Sept 09 and will go to Three Kings for a beer and a game. Steelers in London (on TV)
Traveler777
Old 13.03.2009, 05:52 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbenge View Post
NFL Palace in Eastbourne!!! (well it is actually my flat but it has drinks and food and NFL anyday of the week)
everyone pile round!
Old 30.07.2009, 09:45 AM
Starter

So far it seems the options in London are as follows - excluding places that just show the Superbowl:

1) Sports Cafe - Piccadilly - mixed reviews as a venue but choice of games

2) Bodeans - Soho, Fulham etc - but this appears to be more a restuarant than a bar

3)Three Kings - West Kensington - an OK pub from my experience but poor food and not that centrally located

4) White Bear, Kennington - is that still showing NFL games?

5) Sports Bar & Grill - Marlybone

If other users are interested, it my be worth us seeing if a bar/pub could be found for use on a Sunday from 6pm - 11pm/12pm for watching the games. There is usually very little live sport otherwise shown during this time so if an owner was guaranteed at least 10 people per week, I'm sure they'd show the game(s). From the sounds of things, the White Bear at Kennington may already do this - can anyone confirm if they'll be repeating this for the 2009 season? If so, it may be worth checking out.

Otherwise, if anyone knows a bar that could be turned into a NFL haunt in Central(ish) London, let fellow users know and perhaps it could be worth setting up a weekly event