Week 17. Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons. - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Sponsored Links

Old 28.12.2014, 11:39 PM
All Pro

Last one out of here - please turn off the lights, nothing to see here!

See you next year
Sponsored Links
Old 28.12.2014, 11:40 PM
Team Captain

god this isbad . sack everyone
Old 28.12.2014, 11:49 PM
All Pro

I think it's safe to assume that this ballgame is over!!!

Looks like last week the Falcons were playing for pride and this week they were playing for their coach!!! Adieu Smitty we did try to save you
Old 28.12.2014, 11:51 PM
Team Captain

season sucks but last week was fun
Old 29.12.2014, 12:03 AM
MVP

Fair play to the Panthers but for the Falcons to lay an egg like this in a head to head shootout for the division in their own house is totally inexcusable. Disgraceful performance.
Old 29.12.2014, 01:28 AM
All Pro

I was worried about this game but even I didn't think we'd lose in such embarrassing fashion. This is what happens when you have the least talented defence in the NFL and a QB who is the biggest bottler in the league. Ryan bottled it the Meadowlands in 2012, he bottled it in the NFC Championship game, he bottled it last year at home to the Saints, this year at Wembley and he bottled it again tonight. Ryan has lost the fans tonight, He doesn't deserve any support from the fans anymore. He is nothing, he is a fool, he is a waste of time. Goodnight.
Old 29.12.2014, 08:50 AM
Rookie

Get off your field, Falcons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_Bomb View Post
I think you have to back Atlanta at home here and they beat Carolina earlier in the year. I think Carolina miss Steve Smith and Lafell a lot Newton has no reliable targets outside of Olsen. Matt Ryan has Rody White and Julio Jones and I think that will be difference.
Sir, let me correct you on your ignorance. Brandon Lafell was a third receiver at best and a decent blocker. That's all he offered. We don't miss him at all. Steve Smith? I am still unhappy with the way we forced him out, as he would have been a monster in the slot for a couple of years. Plus I love Smitty, so I'll give you that. However we do have Kelvin Benjamin, who may have had a bad game today, but has 1000+ yards and a bunch of touchdowns this year and has made some incredible catches. Between him and Olsen our passing attack is pretty good.

Someone else in this thread said that our defence was never coming back? Uh huh. Of course we miss Hardy and Mike Mitchell, but the main problem was our coaching staff not giving our young guys chances. Josh Norman, Benewikiere and Tre Boston (latter 2 being rookies) have all stepped up and done a damn lot better than Antoine Cason and Thomas Decoud. Unfortunately we are still stuck with Roman Harper but what can ya do?

We are the tallest midget in the league, and I love it. Back to back NFC South championships. We have created history. #panthers2dabowl

Last edited by HSTDriver; 29.12.2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 29.12.2014, 10:54 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesWeCam View Post
Get off your field, Falcons!

Sir, let me correct you on your ignorance. Brandon Lafell was a third receiver at best and a decent blocker. That's all he offered. We don't miss him at all. Steve Smith? I am still unhappy with the way we forced him out, as he would have been a monster in the slot for a couple of years. Plus I love Smitty, so I'll give you that. However we do have Kelvin Benjamin, who may have had a bad game today, but has 1000+ yards and a bunch of touchdowns this year and has made some incredible catches. Between him and Olsen our passing attack is pretty good.

Someone else in this thread said that our defence was never coming back? Uh huh. Of course we miss Hardy and Mike Mitchell, but the main problem was our coaching staff not giving our young guys chances. Josh Norman, Benewikiere and Tre Boston (latter 2 being rookies) have all stepped up and done a damn lot better than Antoine Cason and Thomas Decoud. Unfortunately we are still stuck with Roman Harper but what can ya do?

We are the tallest midget in the league, and I love it. Back to back NFC South championships. We have created history. #panthers2dabowl
Benjamin is too inconsistent for me, I think your passing game is poor just my opinion. And I actually backed your D to do a turnaround in the NFC South thread.

Find it hard to see the Panthers really get much done in the playoffs but Christ the Falcons are bad at times, don't get how you let a banged up Cam Newton run over you like that.
Old 29.12.2014, 11:31 AM
MVP

Surprised at how one-sided it was. It definitely was not the afternoon match of the day. Great defence and blocking by the Panthers, and that Cam Newton bloke can play a bit. No, a lot!
Old 29.12.2014, 01:26 PM
Pro Bowler

Disgraceful performance from the Falcons, all round. To go out like that, at home with a play-off place beckoning. Goodbye Mike Smith.

Harsh on Matty Ice, he has actually been one of the better QB's, in fact before the Carolina game he hadn't been sacked in yonks, I don't know what happened to the OL last night,