NFL 2016 Betting Thread - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 06.08.2016, 07:06 AM
All Pro

Default NFL 2016 Betting Thread

Couldn't see that one had been set up yet for this season, so here it is

Is anyone putting any league leader bets on? Leading Passer,Rusher, Receiver?

MVP?

Outright winner?

Hopefully the usual people show in here as it was good week on week people posting their bets and opinions on the games.
Sponsored Links
Old 06.08.2016, 08:28 AM
Hall of Fame

Considering a few bets, but will wait until the end of camp before making any decisions.

Right now between Luck & Brees on most passing yards, AP for top rusher & Julio Jones receiving yards.

Reggie Ragland was my bet for DROTY but some recent injury concern so will see how that pans out.
Old 07.08.2016, 06:27 PM
Pro

I've considered a few.

Most passing yards: Brees
Most rushing yards: AP
most receiving yards: AB

Also thinking for division winners:

Cowboys
Patriots
Cowboys
Steelers
Cardinals

Thoughts?
Old 07.08.2016, 07:41 PM
MVP

I've got a feeling that Brady is going to be awesome when he comes back and lead the Pats to a Super Bowl win so going to chuck 20 quid on it.

Can't see him being MVP missing 4 games though
Old 08.08.2016, 07:12 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodjones View Post
I've considered a few.

Cowboys
Patriots
Cowboys
Steelers
Cardinals

Thoughts?
Cowboys could be dodgy, and i'm taking the Bengals in the North but it'll be tight!
Old 08.08.2016, 07:13 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_T View Post
I've got a feeling that Brady is going to be awesome when he comes back and lead the Pats to a Super Bowl win so going to chuck 20 quid on it.

Can't see him being MVP missing 4 games though
They should easily still win their division so it's not a bad shout mate! I just worry about those receivers!
Old 08.08.2016, 09:52 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodjones View Post
I've considered a few.

Cowboys
Patriots
Cowboys
Steelers
Cardinals

Thoughts?
So confident in the Cowboys you are backing them twice?

My worry with them is once Romo inevitable gets injured, they will struggle. If it's an early injury there is no reason not to suspect another very high draft position in 2017. If Romo defies the odds and stays fit, they could win the worst division in football.

Steelers have a tough job too. With arguably their best player suspended, they will have to get past the consistent Bengals who I think quietly had a nice draft, and a Ravens team who should be better than last year. Depending on the odds, I wouldn't like to pick a winner from those three.

Not going to jinx the Cards.

Pats are interesting. If Jimmy G can be nursed to a 2-2 record, then the Pats have every chance. If they bomb with him, and are 0-4 with three home games, two of which are against AFC East rivals, already played, then they could be 20/1 to win the division in October. I can't really see them being shorter odds to win the division in week five, than they will be now, so I would hang on backing them and hope for better odds after they have lost a couple.

I will probably have my main bet on the Raiders to win their division at OK odds, and a small interest in the Titans in their division. I like what they have been doing in rebuilding and think a fun bet might be....fun.

Teams I think at long odds, like the Titans, could have a big say in their divisions are
Lions, great D need solid play from the O and could be in the running for the North.
Bucs, like the Titans have their QB in place and aren't in the strongest division. But they have to get past the Panthers who were clearly the best NFC team last year.

Last edited by Northern Soul II; 08.08.2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08.08.2016, 10:10 AM
MVP

I'm getting on NYG for the NFC East.
Old 08.08.2016, 10:21 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul II View Post
So confident in the Cowboys you are backing them twice?

My worry with them is once Romo inevitable gets injured, they will struggle. If it's an early injury there is no reason not to suspect another very high draft position in 2017. If Romo defies the odds and stays fit, they could win the worst division in football.

Steelers have a tough job too. With arguably their best player suspended, they will have to get past the consistent Bengals who I think quietly had a nice draft, and a Ravens team who should be better than last year. Depending on the odds, I wouldn't like to pick a winner from those three.

Not going to jinx the Cards.

Pats are interesting. If Jimmy G can be nursed to a 2-2 record, then the Pats have every chance. If they bomb with him, and are 0-4 with three home games, two of which are against AFC East rivals, already played, then they could be 20/1 to win the division in October. I can't really see them being shorter odds to win the division in week five, than they will be now, so I would hang on backing them and hope for better odds after they have lost a couple.

I will probably have my main bet on the Raiders to win their division at OK odds, and a small interest in the Titans in their division. I like what they have been doing in rebuilding and think a fun bet might be....fun.

Teams I think at long odds, like the Titans, could have a big say in their divisions are
Lions, great D need solid play from the O and could be in the running for the North.
Bucs, like the Titans have their QB in place and aren't in the strongest division. But they have to get past the Panthers who were clearly the best NFC team last year.
i noticed i put them twice, the pains of trying to type on my phone!

I meant: Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Patriots, Cardinals.

This was put on quite early, stupidly, before Bell was done. I agree, the divisions are very tight, and the price i pay for the early betting!

Thankfully wasnt too much of a stake to be bothered by the loss (although, it obviously still has a chance).

Like the cardinals this year, think they have what it takes to go all the way, especially if the honeybadger is back to his best!

I think Jimmy can nurse them and Brady will come back fighting and stronger than ever, the 2 TE attack will be good also!

Can't back my NYG, although would be happy if us winning the division is the one to sink the bet !
Old 09.08.2016, 03:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Annual Division winners bet will be

Pats/Bengals/Chiefs/Colts
NYG/Packers/Cardinals/Panthers

I'm avoiding Ezekiel Elliott for OROTY given the poor value. At the moment Michael Thomas of the Saints is where my money's going

Ragland's knee looks bad so will have to rethink DROTY