Game Pass 2011 - UK Blackouts - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 07.08.2011, 04:12 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM2 View Post
Is Gamepass available to purchase in the US?

I ask because as a UK subscriber, I will be in the US for a 2 week vacation in Novemeber, so I wanted to make sure that I can use my Gamepass account without any problems whilst I am over there.

I know you said it is not a question of where you purchase your subscription, but a question of where you watch it, but I wondered, if Gamepass isn't available to purchase in the US, what would happen if I try to watch it in a country that Gamepass isn't available for purchase?

Kevin.
I tried this when I was over last year - it was blocked (something like 'Access in this country is not available'). Won't work I'm afraid
Sponsored Links
Old 07.08.2011, 04:25 PM
All Pro

Quote:
I will be in the US for a 2 week vacation in Novemeber
I can think of a radical solution to that issue .........

Go to a game
Old 07.08.2011, 04:25 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjames View Post
I tried this when I was over last year - it was blocked (something like 'Access in this country is not available'). Won't work I'm afraid
That would indicate that Charlesp is telling fibs Unless his idea of "no blackouts when travelling in the EU" = No access period.
Old 07.08.2011, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokubetsu View Post
That would indicate that Charlesp is telling fibs Unless his idea of "no blackouts when travelling in the EU" = No access period.

How long the US been in the EU then??,...
Old 07.08.2011, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

No, the reason Gamepass won't work in the US is not due to Sky's blackouts, but due to the fact that Gamepass isn't at all available in the US.

Poor Charlesp, he gets the brunt of everyone's frustration!
Old 07.08.2011, 04:54 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjames View Post
I did kinda suspect this would be the case, but I just thought I'd check

Oh, and the Bears @ Eagles Monday Night game is already on my schedule for when I'm out there
Old 07.08.2011, 05:13 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven 1889 View Post
This continuing attitude by the GamePass providers and Sky is very suprising seeing as we are all in a Single European Market.

The Karen Murphy Case (google it) is about to shatter all of these convenient arrangements.
If the ECJ find against MPS, it will only prevent the selling of rights within the EU that contain territorial restrictions.

Neither would such a finding require any provider to offer their services in all member states anyway. Only that they cannot be prevented from doing so by their suppliers.

Gamepass does not include any such restriction, nor is it based within the EU.

Also, the European Commission has already ruled that national blackouts are lawful. This was in response to the blackout windows imposed by UEFA, for example, where a Saturday 3pm Premier League could be shown everywhere within the EU except the UK, in ruling 2001/478/EC.
Old 07.08.2011, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I did kinda suspect this would be the case, but I just thought I'd check

Oh, and the Bears @ Eagles Monday Night game is already on my schedule for when I'm out there
Lucky thing you
Old 07.08.2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Is Gamepass available to purchase in the US?

I ask because as a UK subscriber, I will be in the US for a 2 week vacation in Novemeber, so I wanted to make sure that I can use my Gamepass account without any problems whilst I am over there.

I know you said it is not a question of where you purchase your subscription, but a question of where you watch it, but I wondered, if Gamepass isn't available to purchase in the US, what would happen if I try to watch it in a country that Gamepass isn't available for purchase?
Kevin.
NFL Game Pass is NOT available in the US. This is clearly stated on the Game Pass landing page in the disclaimer, in the Support page FAQs, and the NFL.com Terms & Conditions.

Essentially, regardless of whether you've purchased, you will not be able to access Game Pass while in the US.

This and other related questions are answered on the Game Pass support page: http://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/help_e...tm#TERRITORIES
Old 07.08.2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokubetsu View Post
Tokubetsu, "EU" stands for European Union. Last I checked, the United States is not part of the EU. Therefore, no fibs here.

To clarify again, if you purchase Game Pass in Europe, you can access Game Pass in the UK, but are subject to the UK blackout rules while there. Conversely, if you purchased Game Pass in the UK, you can access Game Pass in other parts of Europe and are not subject to blackouts while there.

And finally, if you purchased Game Pass in the UK or Europe, you will NOT be able to access Game Pass in the United States, Mexico, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) s.

This is also answered in the Game Pass Support page here:
http://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/help_e...tm#TERRITORIES

Tags
black out , blackout , blackouts , game pass , gamepass