Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Jacksonville Jaguars

Sponsored Links

Old 03.03.2018, 03:54 PM
All Pro

Default 2018 Draft

2018 Draft is near!

What opinions do we have regarding our picks:
What are our positions of need?
Who would you like to see drafted with our first round pick?
What pick should we use to draft a Quarterback in, if any?

Interested to hear thoughts pre-free agency.
Sponsored Links
Old 12.03.2018, 10:41 AM
All Pro

Jacksonville Jaguars' state of the roster before Free Agency

Key players who are Free Agents

Patrick Omameh (G)
Marqise Lee (WR)
Allen Robinson (WR)
Paul Posluszny (MLB)
Aaron Colvin (CB)

Team Needs in order:
Guard, Tight End,
Wide Receiver, Linebacker, Quarterback,
Defensive Tackle, Cornerback,
Free Safety, Running Back, Strong Safety,
Center

Quarterback:
Blake Bortles will be the starter next year.
Backup Chad Henne is a Free Agent.
I'm glad we've got Bortles coming back next year, his contract is also team friendly and he has a couple of years to show how good he is. Even without Henne, Jaguars need to pick up a Quarterback as early as the second to fourth round to give Bortles a bit of pressure.

Running Backs:
Leonard Fournette and T.J. Yeldon provide a good 1-2.
Corey Grant is a Free Agent.
I can see a Running Back being drafted in the later rounds unless Corey Grant returns or another Free Agent joins. I'd like to see three Running Backs on the roster in case of injuries.

Full Backs:
Tommy Bohanon is back and is underrated!

Wide Receivers:
Allen Hurns is the experienced Wide Receiver, joined by Dede Westbrook and Keelan Cole from last year. Rashad Greene is still on the roster.
Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee and a few others are Free Agents.
2017's Wide Receiver group could have been one of the best in the NFL, but they were never all fit the same time. If Allen Robinson is back fit, he could be one of the top 5 Wide Recevers in the game and I wished we used the franchise tag on him to see if he still has it. Maybe the organisation knows something about Robinson we don't. Lee is also a top receiver, but both seem to be going now, they'll be great additions to other teams. Hurns had a great 2015 season, but I wouldn't be comfortable with him as the #1 Wide Receiver and while Westbrook and Cole played well, I'm still not too sure on them. If both Robinson and Lee are going, I'd like to see us draft a Wide Receiver as early as the first round to go up for 50/50 balls I was happy to see Robinson go for. If one of them stays, a receiver wouldn't need to be drafted for a couple of rounds.

Tight End

Marcedes Lewis and James O'Shaughnessy on the roster.
Ben Koyack is a Free agent.
Lewis proved me wrong last season, I had Tight End as one of our highest needs and he still showed he can be utilised as a receiver and blocker. I think he also does a lot for the locker room, but at 33 years of age and the rest of the team improving, it may be time to find his replacement. I can see a Tight End that could do everything being drafted in the first round, question is which one.

Offensive Line
The starting Offensive Line is Cam Robinson, (GAP) Brandon Linder A.J. Cann and Jeremy Parnell.
Patrick Omameh is a Free Agent.
In last year's mock draft I picked three additons for the offensive line. While this Offensive Line was one of the most improved, we were so fortunate that none of them went down for a long time with injuries. I still think we could use a couple of additions to the offensive line. If Omameh is going we need to find a guard as early as the first round and a tackle could be selected when one of the best players available.

Defensive Line
The starting Defensive Line is a combination of Yannick Ngakoue, Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson, Marcell Dareus, Abry Jones and Dante Fowler Jr.
There are no Free Agents.
This is the best Defensive Line in the NFL for me without a question. It is not a team need and I don't think a first rounder will find their way into that defensive line. We have pumped a lot of money into them with Dareus, Campbell and Jackson on huge contracts, so I could see a player being drafted in the later rounds in case we find a gem and need to cut a player we can no longer afford.

Linebackers
The starting Linebackers are Telvin Smith (GAP) and Myles Jack.
Paul Posluszny is a Free Agent.
Paul Posluszny is underrated and has been really important at Middle Linebacker and if he's not with us next year, Blair Brown will be the player to step in. Smith is one of the best in the league and Jack is getting there. I think one of them will end up moving inside and we use one of our first five picks on a Linebacker to compete with Brown to start.

Defensive Backs
The starting Defensive Backs are Tashaun Gipson (FS) Barry Church (SS) A.J. Bouye and Jalen Ramsey (CB)
Aaron Colvin is a Free Agent
While close, I still think we have the best group of Defensive Backs and similar to the Defensive Line, I don't think even a first rounder will make it into the team. Aaron Colvin was very important to the team and helped when we mixed things up on plays. I can see a Cornerback or Safety being drafted in the later rounds if they are the best player available.
Old 13.03.2018, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Posluszny has announced his retirement and the hole at guard has now been filled by All Pro Andrew Norwell. It's looking like a WR to replace Robinson might be good value where the Jags pick.
Old 14.03.2018, 02:38 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Posluszny has announced his retirement and the hole at guard has now been filled by All Pro Andrew Norwell. It's looking like a WR to replace Robinson might be good value where the Jags pick.
Not surprised about Posluszny, he will be missed.

Andrew Norwell should be a solid upgrade at Guard. I still can't help but be surprised Robinson and Lee go, but we can pay Norwell.

I think it is clear we'll be looking for a Tight End or a Wide Receiver with our first pick.