PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2847 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #28461  
Old 13.03.2018, 09:41 AM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Location: Letchworth
Posts: 21,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN RUN RICKY View Post
It's so quiet around here, so here's a bullet-point recap of the latest news from Dolphins land.

Jarvis Landry traded to the Browns for a 4th round (2018) and 7th round (2019) pick
Dolphins are cutting Suh on Wednesday saving $17m in cap space after 1 June 2018.
A contract offer is currently on the table for Ja'Wuan James.
The Dolphins might (or might not) be looking for a QB in round 1.
The Dolphins are looking closely at bringing in LB Avery Williamson
The Dolphins are currently 'frontrunners' to sign Chiefs FA receiver Albert Wilson.
You also released Lawrence Timmons yesterday...
Sponsored Links
  #28462  
Old 23.04.2018, 07:09 PM
Dai67's Avatar
Dai67 Dai67 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 17.05.2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 266
Talking

Can't say I'm overly excited about the current state of the Dolphins roster , but always enjoy the draft . Hard to lock down an obvious position we will target with our 1st round pick as we have so many holes on the team , would like to see us target a linebacker if Tremaine Edwards or Roquan Smith were available . Maybe a DT to replace Suh , or possibly a QB . Most likely we'll swap 1st round picks with the Eagles for a Cheerleader .
  #28463  
Old 25.04.2018, 09:21 AM
bryanod's Avatar
bryanod bryanod is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 3,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai67 View Post
Can't say I'm overly excited about the current state of the Dolphins roster , but always enjoy the draft . Hard to lock down an obvious position we will target with our 1st round pick as we have so many holes on the team , would like to see us target a linebacker if Tremaine Edwards or Roquan Smith were available . Maybe a DT to replace Suh , or possibly a QB . Most likely we'll swap 1st round picks with the Eagles for a Cheerleader .
Should be one of Edwards, Smith, Ward, Fitzpatrick or James available unless a QB or two slip a decent way in which case we would be prime trade candidates or even pick one ourself! Vita Vea would be a bit meh for me.
  #28464  
Old 25.04.2018, 10:18 AM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Location: Up North
Posts: 16,264
Default

I think it will Vea which would be a horrible waste as he's a 2 Down guy at best

Roquan Smith & Edmunds likely to have gone by 11.

Someone always falls in this process. I have a feeling we may have a shot at Minkah Fitzpatrick
  #28465  
Old 25.04.2018, 10:19 AM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Location: Up North
Posts: 16,264
Default

Dolphins have picked up Devante Parker's 5th year option. Thats clearly based upon potential over consistent production. Been an awful disappointment up to now
  #28466  
Old 25.04.2018, 07:15 PM
Dai67's Avatar
Dai67 Dai67 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 17.05.2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Dolphins have picked up Devante Parker's 5th year option. Thats clearly based upon potential over consistent production. Been an awful disappointment up to now
Totally agree , seems to have the size , speed & ability to be a good player . Just doesn't seem to be mature or committed enough to put the work in to be anything other than very average with the odd big play every now and then .
  #28467  
Old 25.04.2018, 07:26 PM
Dai67's Avatar
Dai67 Dai67 is offline
Team Captain
 
Join Date: 17.05.2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanod View Post
Should be one of Edwards, Smith, Ward, Fitzpatrick or James available unless a QB or two slip a decent way in which case we would be prime trade candidates or even pick one ourself! Vita Vea would be a bit meh for me.
Any one of the 5 you mentioned would make sense . Would not be surprised if as many as 5 QB's go before our pick , with teams moving up , hopefully we are not one of them as we have too many holes to fill to give up draft picks .
  #28468  
Old 27.04.2018, 08:06 AM
bryanod's Avatar
bryanod bryanod is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 06.10.2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 3,256
Default

Think we are all reasonably happy enough with that pick - ended up with a choice of Minkah and Derwin!

Jets getting Darnold was bit meh, was hoping Giants would jump at it after all. Bills I'm not too disheartened by
  #28469  
Old 28.04.2018, 10:51 AM
Neptune's Avatar
Neptune Neptune is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 04.09.2008
Posts: 2,251
Default

In 3 picks they have filled the 3 obvious needs the team had with the first 2 ready to start. Now if we can get a DT and a project QB in the next two picks we'll be doing okay. With 2 picks in round 4, one in round 6 and two in round 7 the FO might need to package some together to move up in round 4 for one of the better remaining DT or QB available.
Somewhere along the line a kicker will be needed.
  #28470  
Old 29.04.2018, 07:04 PM
Crash11's Avatar
Crash11 Crash11 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 07.09.2006
Location: Up North
Posts: 16,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
In 3 picks they have filled the 3 obvious needs the team had with the first 2 ready to start. Now if we can get a DT and a project QB in the next two picks we'll be doing okay. With 2 picks in round 4, one in round 6 and two in round 7 the FO might need to package some together to move up in round 4 for one of the better remaining DT or QB available.
Somewhere along the line a kicker will be needed.
Well, we got a Kicker and as a project signed UDFA Riley Ferguson as a QB. Thought we had a very good Day 1 selecting clear areas of need (although I prefer Andrews & Goedert to Gesicki), Poor Day 2 and picked up a few good later round picks

Great to have Minkah. Pairing him with Jones and moving McDonald into a hybrid LB spot is an exciting prospect
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
Copyright © 2016