New York Jets Thread - Page 785 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 23.02.2018, 05:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Can't see how you could move back from 6 and still get Nelson, unless it's one of those wierd ones where you swap spots with TB at 7 for a 4th or 5th because they're afraid they'll get jumped by someone else.

If you like Nelson (or anyone else), and he's there at 6 then take him, don't get greedy.

How many spots can you trade back before you run out of options you really like? 2? 3? 4?
Sponsored Links
Old 23.02.2018, 06:51 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Can't see how you could move back from 6 and still get Nelson, unless it's one of those wierd ones where you swap spots with TB at 7 for a 4th or 5th because they're afraid they'll get jumped by someone else.

If you like Nelson (or anyone else), and he's there at 6 then take him, don't get greedy.

How many spots can you trade back before you run out of options you really like? 2? 3? 4?
Yeah, I was kind of thinking of trading back a couple of spaces as Wayne outlined, no more really. And it would depend on a number of things. I accept I might be trying to have my cake and eat it.
Old 28.02.2018, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

So, Matt Forte and Mo Wilkinson are both gone, with Forte retiring and Mo being cut. Forte wasn't massively successful for us, although our garbage OL played a big part in that, but was always a class act and the kind of team player you can't have enough of.

Wilkinson, on the other hand, has coasted for the last couple of years (at least), performing nowhere near his massive potential. I thought he'd be one of our all time greats, after the way he started his career, but his lousy attitude and work rate put paid to that.

I hope for his sake he rescues his career somewhere, but I'm not sad to see him go. Upshot is, we now have around $100m of cap space...
Old 13.03.2018, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Well, that's Allen Robinson off the menu...

Expecting Kirk Cousins' destination to be confirmed tonight, and I'm not expecting it to be good news for us. Well, those of us who want him to join us anyway! Not sure who I want us to target, although one of Malcolm Butler or Trumaine Johnson should be a priority, but we need to move fast otherwise we'll be pretty much forced to overpay for mediocre "sloppy seconds".

Only players I've seen us linked with so far (aside from Cousins) are Benson Mayowa, who's not overly inspiring but I wouldn't be opposed to for the right price, and Weston Richburg. Yesterday wasn't a great day for us. The Cordy Glenn trade puts Buffalo in prime position to move into the top 3-4, and Case Keenum signing for the Broncos likely won't prevent them from taking a QB at #5. If we miss out on Cousins, I don't think we have any option but to move up from #6.

So, who do you think we should be targeting over the next few days?
Old 13.03.2018, 05:33 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Well, that's Allen Robinson off the menu...

Expecting Kirk Cousins' destination to be confirmed tonight, and I'm not expecting it to be good news for us. Well, those of us who want him to join us anyway! Not sure who I want us to target, although one of Malcolm Butler or Trumaine Johnson should be a priority, but we need to move fast otherwise we'll be pretty much forced to overpay for mediocre "sloppy seconds".

Only players I've seen us linked with so far (aside from Cousins) are Benson Mayowa, who's not overly inspiring but I wouldn't be opposed to for the right price, and Weston Richburg. Yesterday wasn't a great day for us. The Cordy Glenn trade puts Buffalo in prime position to move into the top 3-4, and Case Keenum signing for the Broncos likely won't prevent them from taking a QB at #5. If we miss out on Cousins, I don't think we have any option but to move up from #6.

So, who do you think we should be targeting over the next few days?
Was never more than 50/50 on Cousins anyway. Preferred Jensen as a C, but would have liked Burton or Robinson. Not overly keen on Trumaine either and Butler is over-rated.

I will be happy with Bridgewater and a draftee (not necessarily at 6 and definitely not higher - Rudolph, Jackson, Falk are in play). Pick up a C, two corners and we still need a TE in FA. Shore up the roster depth and use the draft to get your top end talent. Adding a return man somewhere is a must.
Old 13.03.2018, 09:49 PM
MVP

Wow josh back at 10m

And doing a deal for Teddy?

Looking like we don’t think we can get who we want in draft....

You will be unsurprised to learn get Josh back doesn’t please me - Another year another mess of a situation at QB - one year we will learn we need to go get our guy.... not over pay whoever is left.

Boring, team dividing who is the starter QB with Todd spouting the usual cliches about best man will be starter.

I’d honestly rather we sign Wanye or Woolley man than get Josh back..... I see no benefit of him eating up 10m of cap space - he won’t get us to playoffs and isn’t a long term answer and isn’t and has never proved to be a good mentor
Old 14.03.2018, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
Wow josh back at 10m

And doing a deal for Teddy?

Looking like we don’t think we can get who we want in draft....

You will be unsurprised to learn get Josh back doesn’t please me - Another year another mess of a situation at QB - one year we will learn we need to go get our guy.... not over pay whoever is left.

Boring, team dividing who is the starter QB with Todd spouting the usual cliches about best man will be starter.

I’d honestly rather we sign Wanye or Woolley man than get Josh back..... I see no benefit of him eating up 10m of cap space - he won’t get us to playoffs and isn’t a long term answer and isn’t and has never proved to be a good mentor
Unusually, I disagree with Stocksy on this one...

I personally don't think there's a better veteran mentor for a rookie QB than Josh, and we will still Draft one. Not overly bothered with the Bridgewater signing. I like the guy, but always felt his absolute ceiling was basically Alex Smith, and I'm not sure whether he will ever be fully 100% after his horror injury. Presumably, Petty and Hack are now headed for the scrap heap.

Happy with the Crowell signing, delighted with getting Trumaine Johnson. Crowell is young, doesn't have a ton of miles on the clock, and should give us a solid 1-2 punch with Powell. $15m a year is a lot for a CB, but this is FA, and Johnson is a significant upgrade on what we had...
Old 14.03.2018, 12:44 AM
MVP

I just don’t see any evidence of this mentor rumour as not one QB he has been on a roster has had any real success or am I missing someone?

If we sign Teddy to not play him why sign him?

And also a reason I hate these moves is that it proves Heck and Petty are both written off - which means our scouting and drafting has been a disaster as I suspect and we weren’t sitting on a sleeping giant....

Which then leads me to having no hope that we will do proper diligence on Teddy or Whoever we draft - we will basically have possibly the third best QB in the draft at 6 which is unlikely to be “the one we wanted”....

Which means we have Josh, A QB (Teddy) coming off injury that every other team passed on and a QB that is still there - and that will we sit and no doubt cut like Petty, Heck etc etc....

To me it’s as messy a situation we have had.

I like Teddy and think he could be winner - but the Vikes and 30 other FO (ok ok I know probably 15 wouldn’t even look) know better than me....

Unfortunately one FO seems to know less than me..... and it’s no longer the one in Cleveland
Old 14.03.2018, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

We've signed ILB Avery Williamson from Tennessee...
Old 14.03.2018, 03:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
We've signed ILB Avery Williamson from Tennessee...
And C/G Spencer Long from Washington according to LaCanfora too.

I think Bridgewater has potentially a higher ceiling than Smith, Wayne. He was basically there in his sophomore year. Sure there's a major doubt that he will ever get near that level again, but if he has, or does, recover completely there is still a good chance he can become a legit franchise QB. And he has age on his side. How many times have a 26yo former Pro Bowl and NFL rookie of the year QB come on the market? I like Teddy's potential more than I do Cousins if I'm honest. It's a really solid signing and has no downside as far as I'm concerned.